Hafley leaving BC for NFL | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Hafley leaving BC for NFL

The only way it makes sense is if the wife stayed back with the kids to finish the school year and they haven’t sold the Mass homes yet (which might actually be somewhat standard, I think the Becks are doing this).

And this does happen frequently. Kids get enrolled in a school, they stay through the year but Dad goes and rents an apartment wherever the new coaching job is. It sucks, can’t imagine that life. But that’s what these guys do.

Chesney is who they want. Q is can they get him.

It’s very tough to do this to JMU but he has a buyout so it depends on that number.

My bc source was very quiet when I asked about Bob.

BC can't be thinking of bringing in a new staff at this late juncture. They need to promote a an assistant now. Hafley really turned the tables on them, they were ready to throw him overboard, instead he jumped ship. Good for him, BC is the worst P4 job there is and the admin there keep stomping down guys who are doing decent work.

I suspect image and reputation are pretty high on Chesney’s hierarchy of values. I don’t think he makes that move and sends it swirling down the drain. Be successful at jMu and in 2-3 years an other job will be available. Maybe even BC again. If BC tries to stabilize the program by promoting from within, that guy might only get a 2-year promise. Chesney is young enough to play this out.

I don't want to say he's 'get-able'

but this contract doesn't scream off limits lol (yes there's a buyout but... P4 school should be able to justify it)

I don't want to say he's 'get-able'

but this contract doesn't scream off limits lol (yes there's a buyout but... P4 school should be able to justify it)

Blake James has to be courageous like wildhack was with Fran. It is illogical to think inside the box. If they do that give the job to chudzinski

I’d be asking about Steve Belichick, Brian Belichick too. Steve has a young family. May be perfect gig for him. Father can come along as a consultant for a year. Bc would sell out on this alone

Blake James has to be courageous like wildhack was with Fran. It is illogical to think inside the box. If they do that give the job to chudzinski

I’d be asking about Steve Belichick, Brian Belichick too. Steve has a young family. May be perfect gig for him. Father can come along as a consultant for a year. Bc would sell out on this alone

For sure. You just have to go for it. Take an educated chance. Chesney, Beli & Son/Son & Beli, etc is going for it in a way no one would be upset with

Can you imagine Belichick recruiting. The dude has his rep and that would go a long way, but he ain't gonna be building no relationships.

Buddy sent me that. Makes perfect sense to me with what college is becoming...

Yeah. I get it, as all of this stuff today has clearly made me far less interested in both college football and hoops, where I've shifted most of my, let's just say emotion, etc. to the pro game.

That being said, for these incredibly high paid college coaches, they have 5 months (camp typically starts in August, some 4 weeks before 1st game) to focus on "coaching" football. And, the remaining SEVEN months (besides the 15 day NCAA allotment of spring football practices, etc.) out of the year to focus on the fundraising, NIL, etc.

dropped off a cliff
That could be coaching, some of the kids in their third and fourth year may be good, they just need to be coached well. He always had a good line and young linemen with good potential wanted to develop under him. I don't know how many are left but it may be worth a call, kids might want to play for an obviously up and coming team, ma want to be part of the turn-around. When Coach Mac took over for Frank Maloney he got the Done humming pretty quickly.

BC can't be thinking of bringing in a new staff at this late juncture. They need to promote a an assistant now. Hafley really turned the tables on them, they were ready to throw him overboard, instead he jumped ship. Good for him, BC is the worst P4 job there is and the admin there keep stomping down guys who are doing decent work.
I would agree. Smarter to promote from within and replace that coach next year than try to force a hire just to try to save next season. Can't really blame the AD for the coach leaving in February for an NFL job when recruiting and coaching cycle has already finished up.

Once you pay your taxes and buy a nice home, you’re not sounding so obvious anymore. And that’s not to even mention the cost of everything else being higher in the city

What the F? No. Not even close. Go get a calculator and figure it out. Hell, I’ll do it for you.

3 million x 3 years equals 9 million. Let’s say you keep roughly half of that after you pay federal and NY tax. That’s 4.5 million.

Now, that 550k and let’s say you keep roughly 60 percent due to federal and state.

That’s 330k x 3 years you pocket 990k.

I don’t know about you but I’d rather have 4.5 million dollar than 990k.

I would agree. Smarter to promote from within and replace that coach next year than try to force a hire just to try to save next season. Can't really blame the AD for the coach leaving in February for an NFL job when recruiting and coaching cycle has already finished up.
It's been a public knowledge that they've wanted to dump him for Hafley for 2 years now. He got them good, he didn't need to take their crapping on him.

JMU is a pretty good stepping stone job into a strong team in the P4. Honestly I have an eye on Chesney if he succeeds at JMU and Fran heads back to the sec.

B

BC is a better job please stop. If he can win at a 7-8 win level he’s there for 10 years. Ambition and hubris has pushed the good coaches out.

If that’s the case JMU > Syracuse too.
7 wins didn't save Addazio.

JMU is a pretty good stepping stone job into a strong team in the P4. Honestly I have an eye on Chesney if he succeeds at JMU and Fran heads back to the sec.
Don’t know if us passing on him this time will endear us to him in the future. I can’t see anyway he’d ever be a candidate here again. Could be wrong I guess

That could be coaching, some of the kids in their third and fourth year may be good, they just need to be coached well. He always had a good line and young linemen with good potential wanted to develop under him. I don't know how many are left but it may be worth a call, kids might want to play for an obviously up and coming team, ma want to be part of the turn-around. When Coach Mac took over for Frank Maloney he got the Done humming pretty quickly.
The Dome got the Dome humming.

Coach Mac's first season as SU's coach was also the Dome's first season as a football facility. Maloney never coached in the Dome.

The novelty of the Dome did the trick for the local fan base.

Coach Mac's first season as SU's coach was also the Dome's first season as a football facility. Maloney never coached in the Dome.

I was there when it opened, it was great but Coach Mac really got things hopping. Good coach, recruiter, inspirational, loved the guy! Hoping HCFB is just as dynamic and all around talented. He has certainly raid=sed the expectation and interest bar. I have a really good feeling about the direction he is pulling the program in. Can't wait for the games.

Maloney coached at the Dome in 1980. I was at that first night game against Miami of O w/my shirt off because it was so warm in the AA rows in the 300s of the non-AC Carrier Dome. People forget, Mac was 2-9 in his 2nd season (1982) and built from there.

Once you pay your taxes and buy a nice home, you’re not sounding so obvious anymore. And that’s not to even mention the cost of everything else being higher in the city
surely you can't be serious. Once you get past the real estate, the cost of everything else being higher in the city is a joke. That's not for people making 3 mil a year, more so for people making 100K a year.

Only on the internet would somebody try to defend 3 mil a year versus 550K as if they were in the same stratosphere. Good lord.

I was also at the dome for the opener. Was living in Chicago and had just gotten married in Hendricks chapel in July. Drove in from Chicago after work on Friday, getting in around 9 am. Went to the game Saturday night and then drove back to Chicago Sunday. Ah youth! Yes it was a sauna in the dome that night. If my memory is correct Joe Morris ran back a kickoff for a TD. As an aside, my favorite cuse newspaper headline was later that year after Joe ran for 200 plus yards against Kansas: "Jayhawks suffer rigor-morris" in capital letters!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom