Happy 5 Year Anniversary, SyracuseFan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Happy 5 Year Anniversary, SyracuseFan

Every once in a rare while I will visit a syracuse.com discussion board. I am so grateful this site exists. Thank you, thank you, moderators.

I think advancenet took down all its forums during the past while, and syr.com went a little over a year ago. Just as well, it was a freaking psycho-ward dumpster fire. One of the good posters there started realcusefans around 2005, which later became cuseorange.com. It's gone now, as it was a little small and frankly, cliquey. Several if us have made it over here, including VT, jordoo, cuseattle, and some others.

Last edited:
KaiserUEO said:
Well, I'm from upstate NY...

And oddly, the HS where my kids will go, if I don't move, team's nickname...is the Hillbilly's.

Do you have a picture of the mascot? Please tell me they have bonfires at pep rallies and they burn couches.

I think advancenet took down all its forums during the past while, and syr.com went a little over a year ago. Just as well, it was a freaking psycho-ward dumpster fire. One of the good posters there started realcusefans around 2005, which later became cuseorange.com. It's gone now, as it was a little small and frankly, cliquey. Several if us have made it over here, including VT, jordoo, cuseattle, and some others.
And llandz, of course. Dugga made an account, but I haven't heard from him.
I miss that place a little.
Curious if anyone else is here.

Last edited:
Much thanks to all the admins, mods and posters who have made this board what it is. I stumbled upon this place back in the early 2000s when it was on Rivals, I believe, but mostly lurked until it moved here in 2011. I'm sure many wish I'd return to lurking.

Mascot?
View attachment 74126

Define "upstate NY." For some people, that could mean White Plains. Incredible, but LI and City folk don't quite grasp the true definition of "upstate."
I'm from Winterfell, spend a lot of time at the Wall and Castle Black.

Obviously, I'm now at Kings Landing.

The town mascot was great, it was a Hillbilly with a shotgun and a whiskey jug, but the liberals recently made him hold a fishing pole and be with his hunting dog.

Sad.

I believe I joined in the syracuse.com days, which coincided with a drop in my productivity at work. And yes, it was just a terrible then as it is now.
Many, many thanks to all who made this board happen, and stuck with it through the various moves.

I'm one of the newer members of the board, but I intend to stay until it becomes a downloadable chip on our brain! And I echo what's said above about how grateful I am for everyone who's made the board what it is, from CTO and Temery on down to Tee and JarHead, Francis and Jake, etc... There's way, way too many to name.

One of the things that I think is remarkable about this board is how dedicated the members are to this site--if you ever look at the forum statistics, at any given time, anywhere from 20-25% of the total members of the board (1k out of 4k) are currently logged in with an open tab on their browser. That's crazy, especially for the offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom