Has Boeheim entered the Frank Beamer/Mack Brown zone? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Has Boeheim entered the Frank Beamer/Mack Brown zone?

Waiting to see how many of the truly opinionated posters in this thread will resurface before Sat.
I know I was having similar thoughts about JB, and thank God I was FOS about all of them!
The beauty of sports is that everyone has an opinion...and a true fan loves to be proven wrong. LGO

Saw this idea posted elsewhere and I have to say I think I agree. Particularly comparing him to Mack Brown. Very similar arcs going towards the end of their careers.

Haven't read all the posts here, but I think maybe a better comparison is to Larry Brown. Larry is the opposite of JB in terms of being a mercenary. But he is also a tough, defensive minded coach whose players have responded to him wherever he goes, for as long as he goes. And he doesn't give a rats ass what others say or think either. His ability to maximize a team will never be questioned, and with another final 4, JB is entering that same level of respect for his profession. If he can coax this team to victory Monday night, why shouldn't he be considered among the top 5 college coaches of all time? There will always be Wooden, K, and the usuals thrown out there of Izzo, Pitino and whomever. But with 2 titles, 5 FFs and the win totals, not to mention the career highlights where his system has shown to allow teams to over achieve, I think he puts the question to bed for good.

This thread belongs in a time capsule so future generations can marvel at the idiocy that once ran amok on Internet message boards.

This thread belongs in a time capsule so future generations can marvel at the idiocy that once ran amok on Internet message boards.

I stand by what I said.

thats a bit far

i
Or Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno? I like the Mack Brown comparison as well as the biggest criticism of Mack is that he was running the program too much like a CEO not enough like a college coach.

The problem our offense isn't that we recruit offensive duds... the problem is our offense relies on having a lottery pick at the guard and wings to be remotely successful ... the second problem with our offense is our defense... we just don't get enough possessions so we have to be perfect on the ones that we get which just exacerbates the first problem in that we need lottery pick level talent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this program needs a breath of fresh air and some new thinking. I respect JB and thank him for all that he is done but the time to either make a complete overhaul of how he coaches everything but the zone or just hang it up is getting close. Next year is a must-win (whatever that means) for JB because if it doesn't happen with the talent he has coming in then I'm not sure when it will happen again.

We can no longer skate by with a sh!tty offense while relying on our zone to bail us out of games.
i like a coach that runs a program like a ceo!!!!i really do not like players coaches, as they never get the big picture. just mho.

You and Doug Gottlieb.

God forbid I have doubts and worry about the program. God you people are like the thought police. Am I ecstatic about this run? Yes. Does it change much about my thoughts when I made this thread? No. It's six games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom