Haters gonna hate | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Haters gonna hate

Honestly, amazed at how he's responded to the bracket. It's obvious he values his opinion as the top source on the subject. Unfortunately for him, he's not the selection committee.

Tulsa is a big miss from the committee IMO, but, Lunardi acting like a pre-pubescent in a fit of rage is laughable. Show some professionalism Joe, this is your biggest stage of the year. You're there to try to decipher the committee's decisions, not to make them yourself, sorry bro.

I'm confused. I thought it was his "job" to tell us who the Committee is going to select - not who He thinks should be in. Who the hell would care who he thought should be in? He is some assistant to an assistant in the St. Joe's AD. Ya messed up what your job even is there Joey.
Exactly. The dude is a weirdo.
Where does he get 1-9 against Top 50?
Vandy was 0-5 on the road against "Top 50" while Syracuse was 1-4.

It's an extremely misleading statement because all 10 of the opponents were within the Top 27. Vandy's losses came against #11, #15, #18, #25 and #27. While Syracuse's four "road" (apparently he doesn't consider neutral games as "road") losses were all within the Top 17, coming against #3, #5, #9 and #17. Because it's so easy to win those types of games.

Apparently Joe thought San Diego State, St. Mary's and St. Bonaventure were dominant at Top 17 teams.

SDSU was 0-1 in away games against the Top 17.
Saint Mary's was 0-1 in away games against the Top 17.
The Bonnies had no road games against the Top 17.

So...yeah...

And look...as far as Lunardi is concerned, his whole reason for existing on ESPN is a gimmick that generates clicks and controversey. So anybody who links to him or bitched about his picks on a message board is validating him.

That being said, bro you were wrong. Just own it. Who the F are you to tell the committee why they messed up? You're some administrator/geek that got lucky with one good idea. Know your place?

And full disclosure...I'd be saying the EXACT same thing if we got snubbed.

As someone said, where does he come off implying that anyone else, including the committee, should have a bracket that doesn't mirror his?
He is the epitome of arrogance and narcissism.

Here is the final paragraph from Lunardi's explanation of why he missed so badly this year:

"Otherwise, I’m left to hold my considerably large nose -- since I clearly can’t hold my tongue -- and beg for the return of Greg Shaheen to the selection process. All the committee members and staff are dedicated, but a good team is never great without its best player."

My theory is that Greg Shaheen used to feed Lunardi inside info. Now that he's gone, Joe is just guessing.

What's even more idiotic is that it's not just about his "misses" about who's in and out, it's how badly he missed. He had us as the 4th of the last four out last that I saw. We ended up on the 10 line, meaning he had us off by 9!!! slots.

Here is the final paragraph from Lunardi's explanation of why he missed so badly this year:

"Otherwise, I’m left to hold my considerably large nose -- since I clearly can’t hold my tongue -- and beg for the return of Greg Shaheen to the selection process. All the committee members and staff are dedicated, but a good team is never great without its best player."

My theory is that Greg Shaheen used to feed Lunardi inside info. Now that he's gone, Joe is just guessing.
The two of them together.
OTA2MTM1MDE3_o_inside-selection-sunday---espn.jpg

Why does everyone think Lunardi get's insider information? He's the 35th ranked bracketologist for a reason. He's not good at his job. This isn't the first year he was inaccurate.

Why does everyone think Lunardi get's insider information? He's the 35th ranked bracketologist for a reason. He's not good at his job. This isn't the first year he was inaccurate.

My understanding is in the past his final bracket was significantly different from his prior ones...indicating he got fed info from the committee.

The guy has exposed as not being objective. You aren't anything more than a professional gun for hire if you can't do your analysis objectively.

Take Syracuse out of this his analysis was pathetic. St. Mary's and St. Bonaventure didn't leave their home states during the non-conference season. If a P5 team did that Lunardi would hammer them. He wouldn't do the same to mid-majors because of his biases. That is the problem. I said it last week when I was crunching the numbers the Bonnies didn't belong close to being a lock or even in especially when they lose to Davidson.

Lunardi always says challenge yourself in the nonconference. The Bonnies played 11 games in NY. 8 at home, 3 on the road and only 1 P5 team. They lost that game to Syracuse. Sorry Joe your precious A-10 team didn't get screwed. Beating your beloved Hawks 2 times is not enough to get you in.

This may sound harsh, but a mid major who doesn't win their conference tournament has nothing to complain about if they were excluded.

My understanding is in the past his final bracket was significantly different from his prior ones...indicating he got fed info from the committee.

Yeah wasn't he the one that moved us onto the bubble out of nowhere a couple of hours before the selection show in 2007? That wasn't him doing some re-analysis of the field, that was him getting fed that information from someone on the inside.

I didn't really read this column in full until now...The point about us, Tulsa, etc getting in or not is whatever...

But THIS:
"The committee is clearly protecting North Carolina from a potential regional final against Villanova (in Philadelphia) by moving the Wildcats to the South and Xavier to the East. Haven’t we been told for years that the committee doesn’t project matchups? So Michigan State gets desired placement as a No. 2 seed, but the top Big East seeds don't. I don’t get it, unless Rich Kotite got the committee’s mileage chart wet. "

This is crazy person talk. The idea that the committee would place them against the Kentucky/Indiana winner then go...YA KNOW...we have to protect them from Nova. CLEARLY protecting is his words. Words of a delusional clown.

This may sound harsh, but a mid major who doesn't win their conference tournament has nothing to complain about if they were excluded.

Monmouth lost 7 games, thats not going to get you in from the Maac, even with two wins against the top 50.

Monmouth lost 7 games, thats not going to get you in from the Maac, even with two wins against the top 50.

3 of which were AWFUL losses, as bad or worse than our one What loss to St John's.

Without ANY of the marquee wins we had.

St. Mary's and St. Bonaventure didn't leave their home states during the non-conference season. If a P5 team did that Lunardi would hammer them.

Gee, that sounds familiar

Gee, that sounds familiar

LOL!! The irony in the post you're replying to!

As the arbiter of post rankings, this is top 3 of the day from what I've read so far. And whether thats part of my Lunardi-like shtick or not, I'm being sincere. wsp ftw!

I had a friend who texted me that he read Syracuse got a gift today. I was listening to Ottawa broadcaster , who likes college basketball casually, so he relies a bit on reading things from ESPN. He said last night was a disaster -- the show, the twitter, and committee doing terrible. Many casual fans are picking on Syracuse today, because they read ESPN and see an article by Lunardi.

I'm not picking on casual fans. There are many fans that just start listening to college basketball now, and they need to go somewhere for their info. Its unfortunate that they end up seeing this goofball.

We should be no lower than #4 on the pick on list, and at that point everybody's small school favourites should get in. So just f-off.

If you insist on letting in Small School X, not that it's even right, the hit list should go, - #1 Tulsa, #2 Temple, #3 Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
I had a friend who texted me that he read Syracuse got a gift today. I was listening to Ottawa broadcaster , who likes college basketball casually, so he relies a bit on reading things from ESPN. He said last night was a disaster -- the show, the twitter, and committee doing terrible. Many casual fans are picking on Syracuse today, because they read ESPN and see an article by Lunardi.

I'm not picking on casual fans. There are many fans that just start listening to college basketball now, and they need to go somewhere for their info. Its unfortunate that they end up seeing this goofball.

We should be no lower than #4 on the pick on list, and at that point everybody's small school favourites should get in. So just f-off.

If you insist on letting in Small School X, not that it's even right, the hit list should go, - #1 Tulsa, #2 Temple, #3 Vanderbilt.
Crap like this why ESPN should actually hire a bracketologist who knows what they are doing.

Lundari's grade from the Bracket Matrix was really poor. ESPN should be ashamed as they are the Worldwide leader and this schmuck has no clue what he is doing and lets personal biases affect his evaluations.