Have any of you been tested yet? Anyone test positive? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have any of you been tested yet? Anyone test positive?

I don't believe you can get tested unless you are showing symptoms or have a note from your doctor that you are in a high risk group. You can't just get in line and get tested.

Not necessarily disputing this because it makes sense, but then how does Donovan Mitchell Get tested and test positive when he’s still saying he feels great and has no symptoms? or Tom & Rita Hanks or Idris Alba? Are these just cases of disparate treatment for celebrities?

When you hear people on TV talking about it, there seem to be a ton of people who have tested positive with no, very mild or even variations of symptoms (eg. no fever).

I’m convinced that a huge percentage of us nationwide may have it and not know it and/or may get it and be asymptomatic or experience only very mild symptoms. That makes it even more important that we ALL follow the guidance on social distancing sooner than later. ITS NOT BEING DONE NECESSARILY TO PREVENT THE HEALTHY FROM GETTING IT, WE’RE DOING IT TO KEEP FROM SPREADING IT TO PEOPLE WHO WON’T TOLERATE AND EASILY OVERCOME IT.

Last edited:
Not necessarily disputing this because it makes sense, but then how does Donovan Mitchell Get tested and test positive when he’s still saying he feels great and has no symptoms? or Tom & Rita Hanks or Idris Alba? Are these just cases of disparate treatment for celebrities?

When you hear people on TV talking about it, there seem to be a ton of people who have tested positive with no, very mild or even variations of symptoms (eg. no fever).

I’m convinced that a huge percentage of us nationwide may have it and not know it and/or may get it and be asymptomatic or experience only very mild symptoms. That makes it even more important that we ALL follow the guidance on social distancing sooner than later. ITS NOT BEING DONE NECESSARILY TO PREVENT THE HEALTHY FROM GETTING IT, WE’RE DOING IT TO KEEP FROM SPREADING IT TO PEOPLE WHO WON’T TOLERATE AND EASILY OVERCOME IT.
$$$$
Yep. Idris Alba as much as admitted he had access not everyone has.

My parents are in Daytona as well for the winter but as they are Canadians, they have decided to come back tomorrow for health care availability concerns if something ever did happen to them (also apparently not clear if their travel health insurance covers a pandemic). Also concerned that some of the roads could potentially close next week back to the border.

They never really mind biker week, but said the kids were worse than normal this year.. they live a half block from the beach. Said they heard it was in part because schools are cancelled in Daytona -- maybe I heard wrong.

As requested by our government, not yet mandated, they will be doing a 14 day self quarantine immediately on their return and will head home directly from the border. Just did the shopping for them today so they are stocked on their return. They had about 50 rolls of TP already at home, so I figure they were good on that end!
Our good friends have gone back to Baldwinsville for the same reason. He has been fighting cancer for 4 years and wanted to be near his primary doctors if he should get the virus.

We have another neighbor with similar circumstances who has been told by his doctor at the Cleveland Clinic that the minute he thinks he is not feeling well to head back to Ohio immediately.

I am home on Dr-directed self quarantine.

Had low grade fever on Monday so went in.

Tested neg for flu A and B strains.

They did not test me for Covid, as they had limited tests for it and were only testing if you tested neg for flu AND have acute respiratory symptoms.

I didn't have any acute respiratory symptoms.

So he sent me home on 14-day self quarantine.

Had the fever off and on Monday... No fever since.

Have a light cough now, but that's it... So mild cold or mild Covid.

i'm not being facetious or trying to be funny with this question. I am high risk (over 70 with underlying conditions). What about golf? I usually play solo and am out in the open air. Need some exercise and get out of the house,
Should be OK as long as you don't have to spend time in the pro shop. Our courses are allowing 4 carts on the course with each foursome and we are checking in at the bag drop.

I am home on Dr-directed self quarantine.

Had low grade fever on Monday so went in.

Tested neg for flu A and B strains.

They did not test me for Covid, as they had limited tests for it and were only testing if you tested neg for flu AND have acute respiratory symptoms.

I didn't have any acute respiratory symptoms.

So he sent me home on 14-day self quarantine.

Had the fever off and on Monday... No fever since.

Have a light cough now, but that's it... So mild cold or mild Covid.
Any contact with people that may have it? Hope you feel better soon and it turns out you don't have it.

mitchell was on a the team that had a player get it.. didnt they all get tested. and then the teams that last played utah as well.

I know a couple here in madison county just got tested due to a cruise return

My parents are in Daytona as well for the winter but as they are Canadians, they have decided to come back tomorrow for health care availability concerns if something ever did happen to them (also apparently not clear if their travel health insurance covers a pandemic). Also concerned that some of the roads could potentially close next week back to the border.

They never really mind biker week, but said the kids were worse than normal this year.. they live a half block from the beach. Said they heard it was in part because schools are cancelled in Daytona -- maybe I heard wrong.

As requested by our government, not yet mandated, they will be doing a 14 day self quarantine immediately on their return and will head home directly from the border. Just did the shopping for them today so they are stocked on their return. They had about 50 rolls of TP already at home, so I figure they were good on that end!

I thought the Canadian Gov mandated a 14 quarantine for any Canadians returning to the country. That's what I heard at the 87 North crossing - north of Plattsburgh.

I thought the Canadian Gov mandated a 14 quarantine for any Canadians returning to the country. That's what I heard at the 87 North crossing - north of Plattsburgh.
That is correct. A lot of "snowbirds" will be quarantined.

Also, we have completely closed our borders except for returning Canadians and to American citizens. Canadians abroad are scrambling like crazy to get back and the Government is telling them to do it as quick as possible in case we close the borders for them as well. Only four airports in Canada are accepting overseas flights in order to put our screening resources to better use. They are Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.

That is correct. A lot of "snowbirds" will be quarantined.

Also, we have completely closed our borders except for returning Canadians and to American citizens. Canadians abroad are scrambling like crazy to get back and the Government is telling them to do it as quick as possible in case we close the borders for them as well. Only four airports in Canada are accepting overseas flights in order to put our screening resources to better use. They are Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.

That's what needs to happen here. I'm aware of a situation where someone just returned from Europe and at the airport their temperature was taken and that's it. Away they went. No quarantine, no recommended quarantine nothing. Should be mandatory 14 day quarantine for any travelers at this point.

Further to my post above, it has just been announced that the U.S. will be closing its border with Canada except for trade and essential traffic. I assume Canada will be following suit.

That's what needs to happen here. I'm aware of a situation where someone just returned from Europe and at the airport their temperature was taken and that's it. Away they went. No quarantine, no recommended quarantine nothing. Should be mandatory 14 day quarantine for any travelers at this point.
My boss' daughter just flew back from college in Italy. He called the local health department in Orange County, where he lives, to ask about quarantine requirements. He was told they didn't have any. Keep in mind, he's now the corporate expert for our company on the virus, so he was a bit appalled. Yes, she is quarantining herself at home, and he's actually quarantining himself at a local hotel to stay away from her, as we are not allowing anyone in the offices or at our plants if they have contact with people who have recently returned from a high risk area, like Italy. He thought it might be hypocritical if he ignored the policy he wrote.

My boss' daughter just flew back from college in Italy. He called the local health department in Orange County, where he lives, to ask about quarantine requirements. He was told they didn't have any. Keep in mind, he's now the corporate expert for our company on the virus, so he was a bit appalled. Yes, she is quarantining herself at home, and he's actually quarantining himself at a local hotel to stay away from her, as we are not allowing anyone in the offices or at our plants if they have contact with people who have recently returned from a high risk area, like Italy. He thought it might be hypocritical if he ignored the policy he wrote.

That's great. I'm glad their exercising common sense and doing what's necessary.

I live in NC and there are a material amount of cases here

No one close to me has it. There are a couple of people in the 2-3 degrees of separation from me that have tested positive. For example, a good friend's coworker, and a relative's in law. We have been cooped up at home for past few days and only leaving for emergencies. It is tough, but need to play it safe for the sake of the entire community

i'm not being facetious or trying to be funny with this question. I am high risk (over 70 with underlying conditions). What about golf? I usually play solo and am out in the open air. Need some exercise and get out of the house,

Im no expert here, but I can’t see where that would be a problem - other than possibly the clubhouse - paying and all that. Personally I’m only looking to pay for things that I can pay ahead of time online or where I swipe my card myself - or maybe pay with exact change so there’s no exchanging anything. Nobody is touching my card.

But once you’re out there? You’re not near anybody or touching anything but your own clubs?

Personally I’m researching some good hiking trails that I’ve never been to, to walk/jog on. Outdoors is literally all we’ve got right now.

Thought I would give an update from north of the border for comparison purposes. As of yesterday (according to a particular news source), Canada has apparently tested 34,000 individuals compared to "supposedly" 23,000 tests in the United States. Considering our population is 1/10th that of the U.S., these numbers are somewhat encouraging for us. I can only assume that we are also having the same difficulty in getting and executing the test kits. The latest numbers here are 556 cases with 5 deaths. Those case numbers have jumped significantly in the last couple of days.

I am in the very high risk category given my age (71) and the fact I have an existing respiratory condition. We are in the same "stay at home" scenario as everywhere else with the obvious exception of necessary services. I am essentially in lock down mode and venture into the public once a week to get my mail at our local, rural Post Office (usually nobody else around) and get some groceries. No visits with grandkids, no dinners out, etc. This sucker is scary, but I am confident in time we will get through it if we all do our part.
Be safe Don.

A company here in Iowa has just gotten the okay to make/produce testing kits for the virus. They are ramping up production and are scheduled to put out 5 million test kits per week.

Coralville, Ia (KCRG) – The CDC has approved a company in eastern Iowa to start making large quantities of kits to test COVID-19.

Integrated DNA Technologies in Coralville announced Monday it got approval to make the test kits. They’re called ‘primer and probe’ kits.

“We are honored to be the first company in the nation to have our primer and probe kits approved by the CDC for use as a key component of the CDC EUA testing protocol for the diagnosis and detection of COVID-19,” said IDT President Trey Martin.

Starting this week, the company is expected to make 5 million kits a week.

“We continue to scale production to meet demand and we are in close communication with the CDC and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). IDT will also continue to supply its key component to laboratories, which may assist them in the development of a COVID-19 vaccine,” Martin added.

IDT’s recent history includes providing products to test for H1N1, Ebola virus, and Zika virus.

Speculation - but the NBA players could be considered a high risk group as soon as Rudy Gobert was tested positive and because they travel a lot (Certainly his Utah Jazz teammates, and the two teams he had played previously Toronto and Detroit)

Last edited:
Any contact with people that may have it? Hope you feel better soon and it turns out you don't have it.

No contact with anyone I know had it... But it seems a lot of people may be carrying it unknowwingly.

Last edited:
Im no expert here, but I can’t see where that would be a problem - other than possibly the clubhouse - paying and all that. Personally I’m only looking to pay for things that I can pay ahead of time online or where I swipe my card myself - or maybe pay with exact change so there’s no exchanging anything. Nobody is touching my card.

But once you’re out there? You’re not near anybody or touching anything but your own clubs?

Personally I’m researching some good hiking trails that I’ve never been to, to walk/jog on. Outdoors is literally all we’ve got right now.

Our rule is walk only, pins in, no rakes. Have to get clubs outta storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom