Have any of you been tested yet? Anyone test positive? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Have any of you been tested yet? Anyone test positive?

They’ve had pandemics before in S. Korea
Not their first rodeo.

Also - they jumped on this ASAP, and have the proper equipment and testing kits.
And have been using them

None of these things are true in the US.

Our #’s will likely skew closer to Italy than S. Korea.
All true, but a culture of less physical contact like Korea, compared to one of high contact, like Italy, has to be a bit of a factor. Not the total reason, but a factor.

This has to be cultural.

That nasty kimchee might be protective.
1584889637615.png

How can this not be considered a healthy culture that we live in?!?
'Merica!

I agree with CuseFaninVT that the more contact amongst Italians - hugs kisses of both cheeks (versus bowing and occasional hand shaking) may play a role, also Asians are more prepared because they have been more prepared since the SARS scare. Also noticed in Asian countries everyone is wearing a mask. That's necessary because it's common to wear a mask when sick due to high density in these Asian cities. You cannot practice social distancing when you are up and down crowded elevators multiple times a day at home and at work, where they have people employed at subway stations to push your butts into the subway cars so the doors would close. So everyone wears a mask. We have no mask, not even for health care and emergency workers.

Last edited:
So in light of Orangeyes and Crohns disease I am so scared for my son in California who is on the very severe side of this autoimmune disease. He is due for his infusion in about a week. The meds totally kill your immunity. This infusion is his last chance drug, and we do not even know if it is working yet as he just started it in January. He is thinking of going off of it with this virus spreading. This is the type of decision some are making. If he goes off, I am pretty sure it can not be restarted as we know from past biologics he has taken. So he will be needing a colostomy sooner than expected.

So in light of Orangeyes and Crohns disease I am so scared for my son in California who is on the very severe side of this autoimmune disease. He is due for his infusion in about a week. The meds totally kill your immunity. This infusion is his last chance drug, and we do not even know if it is working yet as he just started it in January. He is thinking of going off of it with this virus spreading. This is the type of decision some are making. If he goes off, I am pretty sure it can not be restarted as we know from past biologics he has taken. So he will be needing a colostomy sooner than expected.
So sorry, lots of stress for both of you, which also isn’t good. Hoping he stays safe and you, of course also.

A couple of recent news items I saw:

- Apparently the Governor of Oklahoma was taking selfies in a crowded restaurant. DUH!
- The Premier of New Brunswick has instituted a hotline for reporting issues of "non compliance" regarding their Provincial emergency declaration. Good idea, but very difficult to follow up from an authorities manpower situation. At least the people might get the message.

If Canada and the United States do not declare national states of emergency I think we are really missing the boat here. That would be in addition to, or in conjunction with, declarations made by the individual Provinces and States. This is getting more scary by the day.

Yeah it looks just like that. Pretty clever whoever thought of it.
I think maybe golf for the avg person should just be played without the cup. you hit the pole its good. yeah you can hit it hard and straight but if you miss it will be long gone too, but you eliminate a bunch of time and the avg player would feel better shooting a bit better score.

I agree with CuseFaninVT that the more contact amongst Italians - hugs kisses of both cheeks (versus bowing and occasional hand shaking) may play a role, also Asians are more prepared because they have been more prepared since the SARS scare. Also noticed in Asian countries everyone is wearing a mask. That's necessary because it's common to wear a mask when sick due to high density in these Asian cities. You cannot practice social distancing when you are up and down crowded elevators multiple times a day at home and at work, where they have people employed at subway stations to push your butts into the subway cars so the doors would close. So everyone wears a mask. We have no mask, not even for health care and emergency workers.

Koreans are also willing to accept what we would consider violation of civil liberties. Some of the (very effective) methods the Korean government used to trace and test its citizens would have been met with howls of outrage here.

We flew to Rio on March 11th to pick up a cruise. Cruise cancelled on the 13th. Flew back on the 14th. Self-quarantined since then. No symptoms yet. Daughter in Ft. Collins,, Colorado diagnosed with coronavirus by her doctor but without a test due to lack of test kits. Coughing, body aches, headaches. No fever. She had already had 2 strains of the flu over the winter.

We flew to Rio on March 11th to pick up a cruise. Cruise cancelled on the 13th. Flew back on the 14th. Self-quarantined since then. No symptoms yet. Daughter in Ft. Collins,, Colorado diagnosed with coronavirus by her doctor but without a test due to lack of test kits. Coughing, body aches, headaches. No fever. She had already had 2 strains of the flu over the winter.
Rest up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom