Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Have I said enough how much I hate the ND games.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/12/syracuse_football_will_face_no.html

Syracuse will still host Notre Dame in 2014 and 2016, with both games played at MetLife Stadium. Those games were part of the original four-game contract. Syracuse was also originally scheduled to visit Notre Dame in 2015.

I don't get how me claiming they are home games is even a disputed fact. I mean nobody disputes this.
Carlson's use of the term "hosts" is ambiguous.
He claims that BCU "hosts" ND in 2015 in one sentence
and then doesn't list it as a road game for ND... neither does ND's release.

Again, I "believe" (not a presumed "fact"), that the SU-ND games are listed as being @SU merely to allow ND to conform to ND's ACC obligations. By doing so, it serves both SU's and ND's needs.

Carlson's use of the term "hosts" is ambiguous.
He claims that BCU "hosts" ND in 2015 in one sentence
and then doesn't list it as a road game for ND... neither does ND's release.

Again, I "believe" (not a presumed "fact"), that the SU-ND games are listed as being @SU merely to allow ND to conform to ND's ACC obligations. By doing so, it serves both SU's and ND's needs.
Okay seriously, your better than this. Count Notre Dame's games up against ACC teams. All Notre Dame home games are NBC and ACC home games are on ESPN.

Sept. 27 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 11 North Carolina Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 18 at Florida State Tallahassee, Fla.
Nov. 22 Louisville Notre Dame, Ind.

Date Team Site
Sept. 12 at Virginia Charlottesville, Va.
Sept. 19 Georgia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 3 at Clemson Clemson, S.C.
Nov. 7 at Pitt Pittsburgh, Pa
Nov. 14 Wake Forest Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 21 Boston College Fenway Park, Boston, Mass.

Date Team Site
Sept. 24 Duke Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 1 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.
Oct. 8 at NC State Raleigh, N.C.
Oct. 29 Miami Notre Dame, Ind.
Nov. 19 Virginia Tech Notre Dame, Ind.

That is 8 red games which will be on NBC and 7 black games which will be on ESPN/ABC. Please tell me how these games are neutral? They aren't neutral they are Syracuse home games being played at Metlife Stadium. Also, read the Donnie Webb article I linked which stated all 3 games USC, ND x2 were SU home games and would SU painted on the field. They aren't neutral site games.

I am disappointed in TexanMark for that like as I have proposed he take over Herm Fraizer in the future. You cite the Carlson article yet COMPLETELY ignore the Donnie Webb one which states the Notre Dame games at Metlife are Syracuse home games.

Ok, how much do we make for a home game vs a good team? And how does that compare to what we make at MetLife?

I heard that a game at MetLife brought in twice as much revenue as a sold-out game at the Dome. No idea if that is accurate, or how it's calculated.

If it is accurate, I can understand playing games in MetLife. However, SU shouldn't give up two home games against ND to MetLife. The 1-1-1 model is perfectly fine if it means quality OOC opponents (ND, Penn St, Mich, Ohio St, etc)

In 2009, while I don't like it I understand why Notre Dame only agreed to play us if we would play our home games at Metlife, and I realize why Dr. Gross took the money when he had too.

In 2012, when ND agreed to play 5 ACC games it all changed. I hate this because Notre Dame is suppose to be a partner of Syracuse when they agreed to play 5 ACC teams each year to join all non-football sports. Instead, of playing Syracuse at the Carrier Dome they are having their cake and eating as well. If Notre Dame came out said when Syracuse is suppose to play Notre Dame in South Bend we will move our games to Metlife as well this deal would be less bad, but it would still be bad. Syracuse because Dr. Gross agreed to these games in 2009 is being given the screws as Syracuse "home" games will be AT BEST neutral site games because Notre Dame fans will fill that stadium up. Syracuse gets nothing if the stadium has 75k or 55k as Metlife when Syracuse agreed to this series in 2009 paid Syracuse for the games. Syracuse won't benefit from this arrangement and its an insult to anybody who pays for season tickets or cares about the football program in CNY. Wake Forest when they are going to host Notre Dame isn't going to move the games to Charlotte same for Duke. Notre Dame will be playing them on their campuses, but Syracuse fans are getting screwed and NOBODY wants to admit this.

Instead, we have more people who don't want to acknowledge this and only talk about this arrangement without acknowledging the reality of the situation. If we were playing neutral site games at Metlife Stadium like we did this year with Penn State I would never open my mouth as they are neutral games, but we are playing home games against Notre Dame at Metlife, and when it comes our turn to play Notre Dame on the road if we play them in South Bend this arrangement is such an epic failure it makes my blood boil because it will be an acceptance that Syracuse is letting themselves be treated like a Mid-Major.

but you also fail to realize that if we weren't playing the second metlife game VS Notre Dame we would be playing at Notre Dame anyway so it seems like you are going crazy about 1 game the 2014 or 2016 Notre Dame. If on game was switched to at Notre Dame it would of been done before the rest of the ACC rotation was done so the rotation would of been different. It seems like the ACC did do us a solid since were not playing Notre Dame at the Carrier Dome next year we aren't being forced to go to Notre Dame the next time instaid we are playing 2 neutral site games( I know they're listed as su home games but that is so ACC can control TV rights) After these 2 games the majority of the rest of the games should be either at ND or at the Carrier Dome. I personally wouldn't be against every 3rd su/nd game goes to metlife with us and ND each giving 1 home game to Metlife(They play Shamrock game there while we just play our big city college classic thingy that it is called now hopefully in that year we already have 7 home games since its enough in the future it shouldn't be a problem.

In closing, I get your argument about us giving up a home game vs Notre dame but who really knows the behind the scenes stuff with ND, ACC, Metlife and us that ended up with 2 games at Metlife that went on last year whgen Notre Dame made the deal to join the ACC in everything but football besides 5 games.

Ok, how much do we make for a home game vs a good team? And how does that compare to what we make at MetLife?
I heard that a game at MetLife brought in twice as much revenue as a sold-out game at the Dome. No idea if that is accurate, or how it's calculated.

If it is accurate, I can understand playing games in MetLife. However, SU shouldn't give up two home games against ND to MetLife. The 1-1-1 model is perfectly fine if it means quality OOC opponents (ND, Penn St, Mich, Ohio St, etc)
I think Bees was implying that games at the dome against good teams are a better revenue stream than the MetLife games. I posed that question to him but he has yet to respond, so I don't know

its only 1 home game in reality as if we weren't playing the 2nd game at Metlife we would be at Notre Dame we are just delaying getting them into the dome until around 2020-2022

what I would like to see though once we consistently win 8 games is schedule 1 offs against as our metlife contract fillers

I hate the MetLife games. I dislike Daryl Gross as an athletic director. I resent the fact that he feels he needs to establish SU as a brand in NYC. It's 270 miles away and it does nothing to get fannies in the dome. . If he was going to spend money it should be in upstate NY where the games are actually played
I scincerly hope he moves on and the new chancillor finds some one that actually understands syracuse university and its challenges.

Playing games in NYC does nothing to better the program.

why are you so hung up on who is the home team??? who the Fluck cares??

we get 4 ACC home, 4 ACC away and nd at Giants Stadium.

wow.

scheduling up there has been a clusterfluck for a while, its why next year is 6-5-1. no reason that it cant be 7-4-1 in 16.

Syracuse is playing nd 2x in the 1st 3 years, thats a good thing. that should make you and all fans of the program happy.

It will remain a clusterf&^K as long as Frazier is still employed

Date Team Site
Sept. 24 Duke Notre Dame, Ind.
Oct. 1 at Syracuse MetLife Stadium, E. Rutherford, N.J.

Great job agreeing to Metlife games with Notre Dame Dr. Gross you sold out your home fans. I hope the money is worth it. My god this crap ticks me off. Notre Dame will play BC in Fenway as a ND home game, but won't count ONE of the TWO Syracuse games as home games for ND so the Orange can host ND ONCE before 2020 way to go Dr. Gross.[/quote]

At the time the deal was made, we weren't in the ACC yet. This is part of how we got in. Give it a rest.

but you also fail to realize that if we weren't playing the second metlife game VS Notre Dame we would be playing at Notre Dame anyway so it seems like you are going crazy about 1 game the 2014 or 2016 Notre Dame. If on game was switched to at Notre Dame it would of been done before the rest of the ACC rotation was done so the rotation would of been different. It seems like the ACC did do us a solid since were not playing Notre Dame at the Carrier Dome next year we aren't being forced to go to Notre Dame the next time instaid we are playing 2 neutral site games( I know they're listed as su home games but that is so ACC can control TV rights) After these 2 games the majority of the rest of the games should be either at ND or at the Carrier Dome. I personally wouldn't be against every 3rd su/nd game goes to metlife with us and ND each giving 1 home game to Metlife(They play Shamrock game there while we just play our big city college classic thingy that it is called now hopefully in that year we already have 7 home games since its enough in the future it shouldn't be a problem.

In closing, I get your argument about us giving up a home game vs Notre dame but who really knows the behind the scenes stuff with ND, ACC, Metlife and us that ended up with 2 games at Metlife that went on last year whgen Notre Dame made the deal to join the ACC in everything but football besides 5 games.
Look at the already released games from 2014-2016

Notre Dame is only playing 7 road games and 8 home games. The Syracuse games are part of these 7 road games thus from 2017-2019 when the ACC and Notre Dame release the schedules they will likely play 8 road games and 7 home games. The other 8 ACC teams that haven't hosted Notre Dame will rightfully get those 8 home games. Then when everyone has received 1 home game and 1 road game from 2014-2019 the rotation will start again in 2020.

There is NO WAY Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina etc. are going to let little old Syracuse receive a THIRD home game against Notre Dame before they all receive a 2nd. Thus, from 2020-2022 Syracuse will likely be playing Notre Dame on the road for fairness within the conference. Thus it will be sometime between 2022-2025 before Syracuse will have a chance to play a home game against Notre Dame in the Carrier Dome.

Anyone who does not admit this or want to acknowledge this is YELLING at me to stop. I am calling it out because it sucks and if Dr. Gross tried to have the 2014 and 2016 games with Metlife scrapped the FANS should know that he tried because what has transpired is a joke for anyone who supports the football program. The ACC did NOT DO Syracuse fans a SOLID they gave Dr. Gross a break and allowed him to keep whatever money he has guaranteed from Metlife in 2009 and in the process basically told Syracuse you have your ND home games now and now you will go to the back of the line till everybody else gets 2. Notre Dame threw BC a bone and is playing that 2015 game in Boston as part of its Shamrock series and BC will get ND at home during the 2017-2019 rotation, but Syracuse is getting KILLED in this deal and everyone is telling me . When I see a crap deal I call it out. I don't complain without reason or way to back it up. This deal sucks and we don't know if Dr. Gross tried to alleviate it. I don't know, but when nobody in the media ASKS him this crap skates and we get all these people telling me to let it go.

Notre Dame is only playing 7 road games and 8 home games. The Syracuse games are part of these 7 road games thus from 2017-2019 when the ACC and Notre Dame release the schedules they will likely play 7 road games and 8 home games. The other 8 ACC teams that haven't hosted Notre Dame will rightfully get those 8 home games. Then when everyone has received 1 home game and 1 road game from 2014-2019 the rotation will start again in 2020.

There is NO WAY Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina etc. are going to let little old Syracuse receive a THIRD home game against Notre Dame before they all receive a 2nd. Thus, from 2020-2022 Syracuse will likely be playing Notre Dame on the road for fairness within the conference. Thus it will be sometime between 2022-2025 before Syracuse will have a chance to play a home game against Notre Dame in the Carrier Dome.

Anyone who does not admit this or want to acknowledge this is YELLING at me to stop. I am calling it out because it sucks and if Dr. Gross tried to have the 2014 and 2016 games with Metlife scrapped the FANS should know that he tried because what has transpired is a joke for anyone who supports the football program. The ACC did NOT DO Syracuse fans a SOLID they gave Dr. Gross a break and allowed him to keep whatever money he has guaranteed from Metlife in 2009 and in the process basically told Syracuse you have your ND home games now and now you will go to the back of the line till everybody else gets 2. Notre Dame threw BC a bone and is playing that 2015 game in Boston as part of its Shamrock series and BC will get ND at home during the 2017-2019 rotation, but Syracuse is getting KILLED in this deal and everyone is telling me . When I see a crap deal I call it out. I don't complain without reason or way to back it up. This deal sucks and we don't know if Dr. Gross tried to alleviate it. I don't know, but when nobody in the media ASKS him this crap skates and we get all these people telling me to let it go.
Why does your avatar of the ACC footprint have New York State cut off?

Click on it and you will see NY and MA and Miami in So. Florida. I will crop it one day and get the NY part more visible.

It will remain a clusterf&^K as long as Frazier is still employed
They already have the 2014 & 2015 schedules filled.

I'm glad they announced 2014 shortly after I encouraged then to do so. No, I'm not taking credit, but I do believe that they listened.

I hate the MetLife games. I dislike Daryl Gross as an athletic director. I resent the fact that he feels he needs to establish SU as a brand in NYC. It's 270 miles away and it does nothing to get fannies in the dome. . If he was going to spend money it should be in upstate NY where the games are actually played
I scincerly hope he moves on and the new chancillor finds some one that actually understands syracuse university and its challenges.

(n)

Okay seriously, your better than this. Count Notre Dame's games up against ACC teams. All Notre Dame home games are NBC and ACC home games are on ESPN.
There's no need to get worked up over this. It's water under the bridge. In a few years nobody will care.

Let it go. You're better than this. :)

Notre Dame is only playing 7 road games and 8 home games. The Syracuse games are part of these 7 road games thus from 2017-2019 when the ACC and Notre Dame release the schedules they will likely play 8 road games and 7 home games. The other 8 ACC teams that haven't hosted Notre Dame will rightfully get those 8 home games. Then when everyone has received 1 home game and 1 road game from 2014-2019 the rotation will start again in 2020.

[/b]There is NO WAY Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina etc. are going to let little old Syracuse receive a THIRD home game against Notre Dame before they all receive a 2nd. Thus, from 2020-2022 Syracuse will likely be playing Notre Dame on the road for fairness within the conference. Thus it will be sometime between 2022-2025 before Syracuse will have a chance to play a home game against Notre Dame in the Carrier Dome.[/b]

The 1st paragraph is completely true and accurate
the 2nd paragraph is highly speculative and there is no way to know if that's true but I doubt it works out that we play at notre dame twice before getting them in the carrier dome since most the other teams probably don't care as long as they get notre dame at home every 6 years. I would expect us to get Notre Dame at home at the back end of the 2020-2022 likely 2022. But is it really a big deal if its 2022 or 2024 as long as after the 2 Metlife games we start getting them in the Carrier Dome once every 6 years

I really don't know why you are getting so upset over 1 home game when this has been known for well over a year that we would have Notre Dame at Metlife in 2014 and 16. Notre Dame isn't playing the game in Fenway for BC's benefit as BC will only have 5500 tickets which is the amount Notre Dame gives opponents in ND Stadium. The ACC did do us one solid in getting them twice in a 3 year period while others only get them once. Until we find out whether Gross tried to get one of the games to Carrier Dome or if he even could with the Metlife Contract I feel your getting upset over nothing we could control

Last edited:

This is completely true and accurate

[/b]There is NO WAY Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina etc. are going to let little old Syracuse receive a THIRD home game against Notre Dame before they all receive a 2nd. Thus, from 2020-2022 Syracuse will likely be playing Notre Dame on the road for fairness within the conference. Thus it will be sometime between 2022-2025 before Syracuse will have a chance to play a home game against Notre Dame in the Carrier Dome.[/b]
this is highly speculative and there is no way to know if that's true but I doubt it works out that we play at notre dame twice before getting them in the carrier dome since most the other teams probably don't care as long as they get notre dame at home every 6 years. I would expect us to get Notre Dame at home at the back end of the 2020-2022 likely 2022. But is it really a big deal if its 2022 or 2024 as long as after the 2 Metlife games we start getting them in the Carrier Dome once every 6 years

I really don't know why you are getting so upset over 1 home game when this has been known for well over a year that we would have Notre Dame at Metlife in 2014 and 16. Notre Dame isn't playing the game in Fenway for BC's benefit as BC will only have 5500 tickets which is the amount Notre Dame gives opponents in ND Stadium. The ACC did do us one solid in getting them twice in a 3 year period while others only get them once. Until we find out whether Gross tried to get one of the games to Carrier Dome or if he even could with the Metlife Contract I feel your getting upset over nothing we could control

This is completely true and accurate

this is highly speculative and there is no way to know if that's true but I doubt it works out that we play at notre dame twice before getting them in the carrier dome since most the other teams probably don't care as long as they get notre dame at home every 6 years. I would expect us to get Notre Dame at home at the back end of the 2020-2022 likely 2022. But is it really a big deal if its 2022 or 2024 as long as after the 2 Metlife games we start getting them in the Carrier Dome once every 6 years

He's also using an old version of that pic. The guy that made it later edited it to more accurately show the location of the North Carolina schools. He's got the 1.0 version that has Wake Forest in the wrong quadrant.

EPIC, MONSTER HOME RUN FOR TGD!!

NICE JOB DR GROSS.

now go put 6 games in the Dome too. should be easy enough. 6-5-1.

and to that guy all pissed about the Stadium being 6miles accross state line...wow.

171048416665.jpg

we are so lucky to be playing the irish in Giants Stadium in front of probably 70k, instead of playing them in front of 40k in the Dome.

great for the alumni, great for players, great for their familys and great for potential recruits.

GRAND SLAM.
On the money Kaiser! I may not like the games at the Meadowlands but we are program building here. We are not Alabama or Florida or even Iowa. We are not the Syracuse of the late 80's early 90's. We need to climb back up to that level and TGD did what he thought he had to do to get back. Suck it up and buy tickets for these games. Quit your upstate pissing and moaning and support our team.

Oh Lord

So when did you say those MetLife game tickets are going on sale? I want to get mine early so I can sit next to Mr. and Mrs. Crusty again.:)