Heading to Vegas next week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Heading to Vegas next week

Check out Fremont Street. On a random note, I was playing low-limit roulette at El Cortez a couple weeks ago and was approached by hoops alum Rick Harmon, who'd noticed my Syracuse shirt. Cool guy, we had a nice conversation.

Check out Fremont Street. On a random note, I was playing low-limit roulette at El Cortez a couple weeks ago and was approached by hoops alum Rick Harmon, who'd noticed my Syracuse shirt. Cool guy, we had a nice conversation.

I figured with all the high rollers on here that I'd be the only one to have played(and stayed, well I think it was The Ogden, catty corner) at the El Cortez. Right on, you just made my day!

What was the minimum?

25-cent chips, four-chip minimum.

As low-pressure as it gets - makes for a fun couple hours!
Hopefully the place has a different pit boss than 10 years ago. He and I had beef on a payout they changed their mind on as I was being handed $100.

Hopefully the place has a different pit boss than 10 years ago. He and I had beef on a payout they changed their mind on as I was being handed $100.

Yikes; that's not something you want to see.

I think they've changed ownership since then, so hopefully he's history.

If you like Asian cuisine, I highly recommend Wazuzu in Encore. The service and food is absolutely amazing every time I go.

Jumping on the plane. Thanks for all the advice, I'll read through everything again on the flight.

I do know that I'll be at a sports book, decked out in Orange for the game Saturday!!! Bet big?

It's 2015. Put some money on the Cubbies
Bttfcubs.jpg

Jumping on the plane. Thanks for all the advice, I'll read through everything again on the flight.

I do know that I'll be at a sports book, decked out in Orange for the game Saturday!!! Bet big?
I'd suggest putting some money on the Cuse for the NC for me but the last time I did that we lost Devo and Andy.

$100 on the Tigers to win the World Series this year. Do it now... before they re-sign Mad Max and the odds drop drastically.

$100 on the Tigers to win the World Series this year. Do it now... before they re-sign Mad Max and the odds drop drastically.

Never sit at a table with a dealer who has the same first name as a city.

Never sleep 13 in a bed on a Friday night.

Other than that, you should be good.

So I have no clue what I'm doing in this sports book. First timer here. I've got a couple sheets, the futures sheets, and the basketball sheet.. Am I marking these and taking them to the window? Just don't wanna look like an idiot lol

So I have no clue what I'm doing in this sports book. First timer here. I've got a couple sheets, the futures sheets, and the basketball sheet.. Am I marking these and taking them to the window? Just don't wanna look like an idiot lol
Just hand them your money and walk away. That's how it will end anyway. ;)

Ahh I forgot I have a buddy that lives here. He is meeting me for the Cuse game to show me the ropes

ask the 3rd hottest hooker at the bar

Don't be afraid to ask questions, Vegas is tourist friendly and the only place you can legally bet on sports. The clerks have no stake, they will be very helpful.