Hearing over, nothing new to report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hearing over, nothing new to report

It's their job.

You have to ask...even if they don't expect a comment.

And just as JB and SU say the media should know better, JB and SU should know better.

I was in the newspaper biz for 20 years.

It's also the medias job to tell us he can't comment! Something the post standard has failed to say.

Exactly. Syracuse and the NCAA had 5 months to agree on a resolution and they couldn't do it. Best guess is that the NCAA found 20 5 dollar violations and say that is equal to a 100 violation. The Orange said no it isn't. In my opinion that is what the last two days were about. The NCAA making the claim that there is a pattern of small violations and the cuse saying we have already gone about correcting things.

I think this is 100% correct.

Watch, we get raked over the coals while UNC gets a a slap on the wrist because it was supposedly outside the athletic dept.

In other words, don't expect to hear much for at least a month.

Then expect an appeal and another several months before we hear back.

Enjoy the season, if possible. This isn't going to be resolved for some time.
Probably resolved the day before our first NCAA tourney game

In other words, don't expect to hear much for at least a month.

Then expect an appeal and another several months before we hear back.

Enjoy the season, if possible. This isn't going to be resolved for some time.
We will know exactly what we are up against in 30-60 days. The appeals process is merely a perfunctory exercise, which will only delay any sanctions.

Swofford said the ACC was represented at the hearing, so if the NCAA doesn't have major violations, you can bet they were told what the ACC would accept. This wasn't like when we were in the old Big East, and were alone against the NCAA, Swofford made a point that the ACC would be represented at the hearing. That means all the other schools will be appraised, and the AD's will know what was offered, in my opinion they won't let any sanctions be applied, which could cost the conference money. After all the Power 5 autonomy was all about the money, and the NCAA tournament would be nothing without the Power 5.

Swofford said the ACC was represented at the hearing, so if the NCAA doesn't have major violations, you can bet they were told what the ACC would accept. This wasn't like when we were in the old Big East, and were alone against the NCAA, Swofford made a point that the ACC would be represented at the hearing. That means all the other schools will be appraised, and the AD's will know what was offered, in my opinion they won't let any sanctions be applied, which could cost the conference money. After all the Power 5 autonomy was all about the money, and the NCAA tournament would be nothing without the Power 5.

With respect bob, this only reaches the Committe on Infractions phase if there have been allegations of Level I or Level II violations (or several Level III to make a Level II). These are serious allegations. That does not mean that they will be supported or result in severe sanctions. It most certainly does mean that the NCAA infractions enforcement investigation discovered what they believe is evidence of serious violations.

Swofford sat in on the CoI hearings, but he is not an appointed member of the CoI and will not take part in the deliberations.

Regardless of what eventually happens with P5 and autonomy from the NCAA, everyone is still currently held to the existing bylaws.