Help me understand why UNC is a more winnable game than Clemson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Help me understand why UNC is a more winnable game than Clemson

But...3-8... that's definitely not trending in "we are doing well" the week after Clemson. Unless you're just referring to us not getting blown out by teams the week after Clemson. I'm not so sure it's because we just played Clemson as much as it is, those teams have just been better than us those years. With the exception of 2018 loss to Pitt. That one still burns me. We were a better team. Just not that day.

Exactly. Pure excuse type garbage spewed from Dino IMO. Fact is, after playing Clemson, we've played fellow conference foes, other than OOC weak sister types...a la Western Michigan. Another fact, Dino's peer/ACC record to date here now in his 8th season is what's "beat up," simply darn right awful.

Last edited:
Turns out you were right. UNC had the offense we expected. Our defense didn't do anything special and the offense never showed up. Our only chance was us scoring 35 points and getting a couple turnover advantage.

The 2022 Purdue game was a super exciting finish, one for the ages. But was beating Purdue as big a game as beating Clemson, UND, the current FSU, or an undefeated, #14 ranked UNC on the road? I don't happen to think so.

When I say big game, I mean like Dungey putting the team on his back and beating Clemson. Or McNabb in the big house or in the Gator Bowl. If you disagree, that's absolutely fine.

I'd like to see Garrett put the team on his back and win one of these big games before his time is done at SU. Hopefully, that's today.

He went into Blacksburg and threw a seed to win a game while getting hit like a truck in the Enter Sandman video.

Go back to some threads after WMU and Army, lot of takes that have fallen off a cliff.

No doubt. And, probably many from the same usual suspects that have, let's just say, extreme difficulty in deciphering between realism and negativity.

Go back to some threads after WMU and Army, lot of takes that have fallen off a cliff.
To be clear, I was responding to the op that asked "how is it possible that people believe we have a much better chance to beat UNC"... I thought it was because we couldn't play worse than we did vs Clemson... yikes.