Here's a good question to ask to everyone, who do you think will be the leading scorer on next years | Syracusefan.com

Here's a good question to ask to everyone, who do you think will be the leading scorer on next years

Deano

All American
team?

This will be interesting to see how this pans out as the season goes on. Like some have said already if Chris M. is the real deal then hopefully he's going to be leading us in scoring or Tyler Roberson. I think we'll get decent scoring from Joseph and let's pray that Cooney's shooting is on.

Rakeem the dream Christmas and Michael the boot Gbinije.

Only guys I see average over 10 points a game next year are Roberson, Cooney, Rak and McCullough. If Coleman's healthy, him and Rak are interchangeable in that stat.

Honestly, and this is bold...

If Coleman comes back healthy and is forced into meaningful minutes I think he could lead the team in scoring next year.

scary thought.

i am going to go out on a limb and say BJ Johnson. He is probably one of the most offensively talented on the team and has shown that he isn't shy to let it fly. he will probably be one of the first guys off the bench, which should lead to some big minutes.

Cooney should be the odds on favorite.

But it's pretty wide open. I can see anyone out of Joseph, Johnson, Roberson, McCullough, Christmas, Gbinije and Cooney actually being our leading scorer.

would bet on Cooney at ~14ish but if Roberson can run for 30 minutes, I think he'll get a volume of touches to be close.

My surprise pick is Joseph. I think he will get big minutes and be able to score in different ways. I also wouldn't rule out Cooney, McC, or Roberson. McC & Roberson will be talented, but relatively raw. They will also experience a loss of minutes due to foul trouble and D lapses, so I doubt they will be the leading scorer. Cooney will have to show he can do more than hit treys. If he expands his game he will get big minutes, if not, I think he will lose some PT. I can't see Jimmy putting up with what we saw of Trevor over the last 15 games or so even if he is a perceived golden boy.

Rakeem the dream Christmas and Michael the boot Gbinije.
If Rak leads us in scoring we could get to the Final Four. If Gbinije leads us in scoring we could get to the final four of the NIT.:noidea:

newmexicuse said:
My surprise pick is Joseph. I think he will get big minutes and be able to score in different ways. I also wouldn't rule out Cooney, McC, or Roberson. McC & Roberson will be talented, but relatively raw. They will also experience a loss of minutes due to foul trouble and D lapses, so I doubt they will be the leading scorer. Cooney will have to show he can do more than hit treys. If he expands his game he will get big minutes, if not, I think he will lose some PT. I can't see Jimmy putting up with what we saw of Trevor over the last 15 games or so even if he is a perceived golden boy.

Think you and I are on the same page as this and I don't think Joseph would be all that of a surprise if he did.

I'm going with Cooney or Joseph.

We lose our best scorer in CJ Fair, Joseph is more of a scorer than Ennis was and Joseph doesn't have the weapons of Fair and Grant which will probably mean more of Joseph driving the lane going for inside shot, and maybe a lot of them.

Potentially I think Chris Mc has the most potential to be the leading scorer but I really think it depends on our transition offense, if it's like last year I think Chris is going to struggle, if we go out and run I think he could be Wes Johnson lite out there for his freshman year.

Cooney. Probably a more versatile offensive team which should help him. Lots of transition threes as well.

MY guesses if Coleman redshirts...

Ppg: Roberson 15.2 (oh yes I said 15.2)

Rebounds: Rakeem Christmas 8.5

Dimes: Kaleb Joseph 6

Steals: Michael Gbinije 2.7

Heart attacks caused: Travon Cooney 329

Cooney if can he shoot over 38-40% from 3. Roberson, assuming roughly 30 minutes or so, should be there with him. After them, who knows?

Roberson at around 14 ppg leads a balanced group

I think Roberson has the most upside for next year. He had a really bad case of the freshmens this year. I think he comes back brimming with confidence for his sophomore year. Cooney will be about the same or with an incremental improvement so it will probably be between Cooney and Roberson. McCull will be sharing minutes with Rak and Obokoh so I don't think it's McCull. Plus bigs usually take an extra year to realize their potential.

DC is my biggest problem with the program. I don't think he recovers from the knee injury. They are too hush about it. You can recover very well from an ACL tear. But a torn meniscus is impossible. I wish we had more details on his injury. I feel bad for the kid but I think he's done.

Dave85 said:
I think Roberson has the most upside for next year. He had a really bad case of the freshmens this year. I think he comes back brimming with confidence for his sophomore year. Cooney will be about the same or with an incremental improvement so it will probably be between Cooney and Roberson. McCull will be sharing minutes with Rak and Obokoh so I don't think it's McCull. Plus bigs usually take an extra year to realize their potential. DC is my biggest problem with the program. I don't think he recovers from the knee injury. They are too hush about it. You can recover very well from an ACL tear. But a torn meniscus is impossible. I wish we had more details on his injury. I feel bad for the kid but I think he's done.

A torn meniscus is impossible to recover from? That's not true at all. I know 2 HS kids that had surgery a few months back for a meniscus tear and they were both back in 6-8 weeks. Another just tore his a couple weeks ago and he ended up having it "shaved off" and the prognosis is he'll be back in 4-6 weeks.

I think Roberson has the most upside for next year. He had a really bad case of the freshmens this year. I think he comes back brimming with confidence for his sophomore year. Cooney will be about the same or with an incremental improvement so it will probably be between Cooney and Roberson. McCull will be sharing minutes with Rak and Obokoh so I don't think it's McCull. Plus bigs usually take an extra year to realize their potential.

DC is my biggest problem with the program. I don't think he recovers from the knee injury. They are too hush about it. You can recover very well from an ACL tear. But a torn meniscus is impossible. I wish we had more details on his injury. I feel bad for the kid but I think he's done.

What are you basing your post on? You stae that you have limited information, but are predicting DC is done? As bees stated, a torn meniscus is not impossible to recover from. See the link below.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/16/us-nba-players-meniscus-idUSTRE7BF23P20111216

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom