Here's my biggest issue... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Here's my biggest issue...

Thanks for the English lesson.

The point is some schools don't use the actual attendance when reporting the number. SU as an example under Gross.

That wasn't intended to be snide toward you. I think your question is legit considering Syracuse's past practice. I was just getting at how ridiculous the practice is in light of the pretty obvious definition of attendance. The fact that it could be counted any other way then people passing through turnstiles is patently absurd and goes to what a b.s. artist Gross was (for better and for worse).

That wasn't intended to be snide toward you. I think your question is legit considering Syracuse's past practice. I was just getting at how ridiculous the practice is in light of the pretty obvious definition of attendance. The fact that it could be counted any other way then people passing through turnstiles is patently absurd and goes to what a b.s. artist Gross was (for better and for worse).
They were doing that long before Gross was hired. I thought that many or even most schools used tickets sold as the attendance figure, although I could be wrong. But it wasn't invented by the Doc.

Agree completely. We need to go the Tuberville/O'Leary/Mack Brown route. This should help stabilize the program for 8-10 years and bring the program a name that creates attention.

The biggest question(s) facing Coyle right now:

Is Shafer THE guy?

If not, then who? I'm sure he already has a short list. Would like to see someone who is a bit younger with HC experience. Preferably with an explosive offense mindset.

The biggest question(s) facing Coyle right now:

Is Shafer THE guy?

If not, then who? I'm sure he already has a short list. Would like to see someone who is a bit younger with HC experience. Preferably with an explosive offense mindset.
At this point I'll settle for someone who realizes attempting a 50 FG on 4th and 1 with a run-of-the-mill college kicker in the first quarter is not a bright idea.

That would be incredible, but he seems like the deep-rooted Ohio type of guy. Not sure he will leave there.

Then again, money talks. If Coyle wanted him, he'd have to offer him at least $2.2 mil/year IMO. Schools will be going hard after that kid (35 years old, wow).
We are going to need to pony up between $2.5 and $3 million for a new HC.

We are going to need to pony up between $2.5 and $3 million for a new HC.

Hopefully Coyle and Syverud are thinking this as well. We also need another $3-4 million for the assistants. $500k for each coordinator and then about $300k for the positional coaches.