Hey Guys! Purdue fan back again! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Guys! Purdue fan back again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
93 carries at 2.2 ypc gives an extra 203 yards in total.

O’Connell had 43 carries in 2022 for -1.9 ypc and and -81 yards … so you’re saying that roughly 300 yard delta doesn’t make a difference? Right …

In theory if Card kept the same 2.2 avg and the same number of carries as OConnell that would be a 4.1 yard per carry delta for what is roughly 10-12% of your total carries in a season based on a rough number of 400 team carries for the season. Yeah no impact at all …
Do the math without the QB affecting the rushing then.

We're not interested in doing the math. We're not interested in discussing anything with you
If you click my username there is an 'ignore' button. You can press that if you want.

Do the math without the QB affecting the rushing then.
348 carries 4.6 yards per carry top 4 rushers by yardage with no OConnell … I’m not going to add up every other walk on that totted the rock for a mediocre club.

354 carries at 5.1 yards per carry without Card … so a half yard that’s it … and I won’t even mention how far your passing game fell off … BTW Mockobee and Tracy had better ypc the year prior and while Tracy is no surprise due to carry volume Mockobee didn’t have the same excuse.

So other than ypc your offense pretty much went backwards after his departure … you really got him there.

348 carries 4.6 yards per carry top 4 rushers by yardage with no OConnell … I’m not going to add up every other walk on that totted the rock for a mediocre club.

354 carries at 5.1 yards per carry without Card … so a half yard that’s it … and I won’t even mention how far your passing game fell off … BTW Mockobee and Tracy had better ypc the year prior and while Tracy is no surprise due to carry volume Mockobee didn’t have the same excuse.

So other than ypc your offense pretty much went backwards after his departure … you really got him there.
Well, you know…Purdue isn’t a math school. Regardless of the math. Dale sucks. We hated him and we all think he had blackmail on the Brohm’s.

However, I have no ill will toward you guys at all. I hope he’s great for you! I really do. I just came over to provide a forewarning after my great experience back in September.

Card contributed 2.2 YPC to the cause. Take out him and the YPC raises greatly O'Connell barely had. enough carries for it to really impact it at all.

On the bold: I am not a moron or biased when it comes to Purdue. I never said the OL recruiting was good. In fact, Purdue was terrible recruiting the last two years and the recruiting rankings spell that out. If your position coach sucks at recruiting and/or coaching that position - that portion of recruiting will be terrible. We had guys leave because they didn't want to play for Dale, that is a fact. The position coach has an effect on the recruiting at his position. Dale Williams was the guy who didn't want to recruit Dawand Jones even though he was a legacy.

I'm not delusional.
Purdues offense in all of those years was not designed for the running game. In spite of that if you deeper into the stats besides the cherry picked stats of what you posted, many of those years you stated as bad averages your main back actually had a solid average of like 5.0 per carry. There were only one or two seasons where they didn’t. The offenses had pass only QB’s that couldn’t run which drastically brings the “team” avg yds/rush way down so I don’t even care about that stat. You also typically had a FB that was second in carries. Yes a full back.

So your saying a stud school like Purdue couldnt’t find a way to recruit good OL and stud RB’s that were awesome run blockers to play in a pass first offense not built around running the ball. Shocker.

Your spinning his production way more negative than what it was.

You are listing team yds/carry stats only. And the rushing stats alone don’t factor in the solid production of your passing offense, which is what the offense was set up to do well.

Just getting tired of your narrative. If he was so bad why did Brohm keep him there as the OL coach so long?

Purdues offense in all of those years was not designed for the running game. In spite of that if you deeper into the stats besides the cherry picked stats of what you posted, many of those years you stated as bad averages your main back actually had a solid average of like 5.0 per carry. There were only one or two seasons where they didn’t. The offenses had pass only QB’s that couldn’t run which drastically brings the “team” avg yds/rush way down so I don’t even care about that stat. You also typically had a FB that was second in carries. Yes a full back.

So your saying a stud school like Purdue couldnt’t find a way to recruit good OL and stud RB’s that were awesome run blockers to play in a pass first offense not built around running the ball. Shocker.

Your spinning his production way more negative than what it was.

You are listing team yds/carry stats only. And the rushing stats alone don’t factor in the solid production of your passing offense, which is what the offense was set up to do well.

Just getting tired of your narrative. If he was so bad why did they keep him there as the OL coach so long?
2 questions:

1 - A fullback in a spread offense? Who?

2 - When have I said Purdue is a stud school? I’ve multiple times in here in the past few days and back in September have used the words “we suck”.

Purdue has no problem bringing in good OL now and they are running a style of Air Raid via Mike Leach.

You guys were so nice the first time I was here.
Well, there is a reason for that. You are talking with a fan base that has really struggled to be positive for a number of years. A lot of disappointment. Now, we hire a coach that is setting the world ablaze. You just can't appreciate what the last 10 days have been like. We almost never get a 4 star kid. We might get between 7 and 10. And you come along and attempt to throw dirty water on us. We don't want to hear it right now.

2 questions:

2 - When have I said Purdue is a stud school? I’ve multiple times in here in the past few days and back in September have used the words “we suck”.

Purdue has no problem bringing in good OL now and they are running a style of Air Raid via Mike Leach.

On ESPN’s stats they listed some of you rushers as fullbacks. I assume that was correct but maybe it’s not.

I was being sarcastic at saying a stud school and was not indicating you said that.

2 questions:

You’re wearing out your welcome. Time to run along and worry about your own team. Right now we’re very happy with how things are going for us.

On ESPN’s stats they listed some of you rushers as fullbacks. I assume that was correct but maybe it’s not.

I was being sarcastic at saying a stud school and was not indicating you said that.
Horvath, I assume. He was a converted LB. But I can see ESPN listing him as a FB.

To your question of why he was there so long…I don’t know. I truly don’t. We expected him to be fired after the 3rd year. I have no idea why he even wanted him at Louisville as an analyst. Dale might have been the most hated coach at Purdue in their football history…and we sat through Darrell Hazel.

You should see how much the board hated the dude.

Well, there is a reason for that. You are talking with a fan base that has really struggled to be positive for a number of years. A lot of disappointment. Now, we hire a coach that is setting the world ablaze. You just can't appreciate what the last 10 days have been like. We almost never get a 4 star kid. We might get between 7 and 10. And you come along and attempt to throw dirty water on us. We don't want to hear it right now.
It wasn’t dirty water as much as it was hot water, I guess.

I hope that he does wonders for you guys. I hope you pound the ACC every year.

Sorry if it came off brash - I was just being open and honest.

This guy said he did well with the highly rated OL that was leftover from the previous regime and he can’t recruit.

Yo Yabba Gabba have you seen the cats we have recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors