Holy Moly, Cassullo just went off on Marrone | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Moly, Cassullo just went off on Marrone

My mom always told me, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. I can assure you, Mr Casullo will probably not be seeing the coaching sidelines of anything other than a local pop warner team in his future.

In any profession, you simply dont burn (in this case, drop a thermo nuclear bomb) a bridge. What happens if Dougie in retirement moves to where Casullo lives and runs the local pop warner? Now Cassullo is out of a job.

You simply dont do this. You want to bitch about a guy, go bith to your buddies / co workers over a few drinks at a bar. You dont do it on a radio show.

Doug did a good job at SU, and did a good job at Buffalo, he'll get another job. And I am not sure that having ambition and thinking about your next move is a bad trait. I just started a new job in September, and already have an exit strategy in place, just in case. The days of slaving for a single company are over, Loyalty is over. You make your nut and you move on, thats the name of the game these days. Cassullo sounds like an out of touch old timer.

As others have said in this thread, and has Bob has said himself, he is RETIRED. He can burn all the coaching bridges he wants, because at this point he does not care.

I

I don't think its crap. Lots of people climbing the ladder have the next job in mind. That's what climbing the ladder is.

Phat -- I agree that some people do that. Whether its "lots" or not probably depends on your definition of "lots", but the issue I had is that tep624 stated that "any", which equates to "every" in this instance, ambitious person building a career already has a plan in place for his next job when he takes his present job. That just isn't the case. Some do, not all and I would say only a minority do. I don't do that and I don't think I'm alone in not doing that, but maybe.

Further, climbing the ladder means that after you have proven yourself in one job, you move up or look for another challenge to move up to. Nothing wrong with that. Climbing the ladder doesn't mean that you make plans to leave your current job upon taking your current job. That appears to be what Marrone did in inserting that clause in his contract allowing him to do so. Moreover, I don't know that Marrone exactly proved himself here at SU going 25-25 or at Buffalo going 15-17.

I am highly appreciative of what Marrone did to elevate SU from where it was when he took over, but I will heartily laugh my arse off if he ends up without a head coaching job now or in the future. This year he gets $4 million from Buffalo even if he doesn't get another job, but he could have stayed at Buffalo for several more years and if he ends up without a head coaching job in the future, he lost that yearly annual salary going into the future. Just desserts! You take the chance, you may lose. I'm hoping he does given the arrogance of his move.

You don't have to be a saint. But you don't need to be a dick either. There is a happy medium. Too many people from too many different perspectives have said dick.
So what.

So what.

Bury-your-Head-in-the-sand.jpg