Holy | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Stand in the middle of the road trying to light the notoriously difficult to light road flares/candles and hope some doesn't hit you. Look at the picture there were no "good" choices here

You light up the flares in the front of car. Then you hold the flares and walk to behind your car. It only took 20 seconds and people will notice you if you hold the flares.

you get out when its safe if the car is in the road. and then you get behind guard rails or off the road. how soon after the accident JB came up on them is an unknown. But you cant get out of a busy road without making sure its safe.
Generally agree with this but look at that picture. Going over the rail there and you slide down a hill on the one side too near the other road, and on the other side who knows what over and down the hill on that side. No good or right choices here.

Hearing now that Jim will not coach on Saturday and is considering retirement. Don't shoot the messenger.

Hearing now that Jim will not coach on Saturday and is considering retirement. Don't shoot the messenger.

Not suggesting this is true, but IF it is, I suppose it would be understandable.

not doubting you, but source please???
I'm not going to reveal that out of respect to that individual - I doubt he wants his name tied to it. Just expect no announcement about him not coaching on Saturday until game time.

assuming jb coaches on saturday, and i think he will, what an emotional atmosphere its gonna be inside the dome. of all the games for this to happen right before, its duke on a saturday nite on espn with 36k

feel bad for jb, feel worse for the victim and his family. awful.

He really should mentally relax atleast for the weekend. The stress has to be immense.
He shouldn't retire unless he never wants to coach again. Take an indefinite leave of absence and see if he can comeback.

Many years ago, once I drove on interstate 690 after dark, the weather condition was like yesterday, slightly over the freezing point. I didn't speed but all of sudden I lost control of my car. The car began to spin. When it stopped spinning, the car had 180 U-turn and headed to the wrong direction. Luckily there were no other cars in the highway. I quickly turned around and drove home.
Wow, I hope you went out and bought a lottery ticket.

He really should mentally relax atleast for the weekend. The stress has to be immense.
He shouldn't retire unless he never wants to coach again. Take an indefinite leave of absence and see if he can comeback.
Agreed - hopefully he has a counselor lined up to speak to.

Man, those roads look treacherous. Where the car is situated on the highway is also incredibly dangerous. Smack in the middle with piles of snow along the side, making an already narrow road even tighter. An awful situation to be in for all. Inconceivably, this situation could have been even worse somehow.
Last time i went to Syracuse, on the way back down to NYC after a game weekend, we were driving in close to white out snow. 18-wheelers were jack-knifing in front of us, and we were creeping along and still sliding. Almost died at least twice. And you can't stop on the side, because there was so little visibility. Scariest hour or so of my life. Won't be doing that again.

It's national news.

On the homepages of all the news sites.

He's prolly not happy with that... Is what it is, tho... News.

Not suggesting this is true, but IF it is, I suppose it would be understandable.
I can see skipping the game but last thing he should do is make any long-term decisions when emotions are at a crescendo.

That said if there was ever a job that you’d want to take a leave of absence from it’s one where you’re on national television in front of 36k fans.

Wow, I hope you went out and bought a lottery ticket.

In the five seconds my car was spinning, the highlight of my life flashed in my head. I had a sense. That is it. The end of my life.

By the way, it was 80's. There are no Wal-Mart. Stores don't open on Sunday or closed before 5 PM. So there were almost no cars in I-690 after dark.

I didn't know how old Boehelm is. But many news article pointed out he is 74 years old. Many of them all implied he is too old to drive at midnight.

How many of those articles were written by the under-30 crowd? Young people never think old people should drive. I think the best thing that has come out of this so far is that people are actually discussing highway safety. I know I had the conversation with all of my kids today...the do’s and don’ts. Seeing that picture of 690 really puts the situation in perspective. There is no where to go outside the vehicle, so for lack of a better option, staying in the car is probably the best option. People should always carry a flashlight or road flares in their car. Just checked mine and the batteries were dead. It appears the car was totally inoperable because the flashers weren’t even on. Flashers May have saved a life. All the “what if’s” could drive you nuts. Just a sad and tragic set of circumstances.

I'd be shocked if he made any long-term decisions this week. It may be true that he's "considering" retirement, but he's 74 - it's possible he was going to consider that anyway.

Also, I'd be shocked if the announcement that he's not coaching this weekend isn't made in advance if that's the case. I would expect him to decide tonight or tomorrow morning, and for an announcement to be made either way... but if there's no announcement, that should make it more likely he's coaching, not less.

Can't blame him for not coaching but retirement is something I definitely didn't expect after this. I'm curious to see when this all comes out...

Can't blame him for not coaching but retirement is something I definitely didn't expect after this. I'm curious to see when this all comes out...

I’m sure he’s emotional right now and thinking about a lot. Someone died and he saw this happen. I sure as heck would want to reflect. He’s also old and who knows may have been thinking of finishing up this year anyway. No one knows

I feel for the man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom