Holy | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

I’m sure he’s emotional right now and thinking about a lot. Someone died and he saw this happen. I sure as heck would want to reflect. He’s also old and who knows may have been thinking of finishing up this year anyway. No one knows

I feel for the man

guy grew up in a funeral home didn't he? guy has been around a lot of darkness. this is really a sad troubling day

If you have to ask if it's too soon today, yes, it's too soon.

I think people need to ignore vs get all jumpy at bad comments. Who cares what someone said.

It is reasonable on a message board about su hoops to ask about the impact on team, if he’s coaching etc.

ESPN with very irresponsible headline .. “Jim Boeheim involved in fatal car accident “

Makes it sound like he died
nah, i see that and think someone else must've died

I guess everyone is wired differently. Some people after they experience tragedy need to keep as busy as humanly possible. So maybe coaching and staying in his normal routine will be therapeutic for JB. But on the flip side, the stress of coaching a basketball game could be very difficult on an already physically/emotionally drained 74 year old man. Like I'm sure he hasn't eaten anything (or very little) since this happened.

If he was my Dad, I would tell him to take at least a week off, make sure to talk to his doctor regularly to monitor things like blood pressure, talk to a counselor and vent about what you're feeling, and simply relax.

Not suggesting this is true, but IF it is, I suppose it would be understandable.

I have a lot of clients that work as subway drivers for the NYCTA. Shocking amount have incidents of suicide by train or just people falling at the wrong time. They describe the eye contact and the sound and the fact that they're never getting it out of their minds.

There's no right or wrong way to handle this situation if you're JB. There just isn't. Some people would dive into work to forget. Some can barely get out of bed. I hope he gets therapy and finds the ability to forgive himself.

Everyone handles grief in their own way.

JBs reaction could range anywhere from not coaching Saturday to being involved in the preparation and coaching to help take his mind off of the terrible situation.

We can guess all we want but have to respect whatever course he takes.

I hope somehow the admins can relay to JB how much support he has from this forum.

In the five seconds my car was spinning, the highlight of my life flashed in my head. I had a sense. That is it. The end of my life.

By the way, it was 80's. There are no Wal-Mart. Stores don't open on Sunday or closed before 5 PM. So there were almost no cars in I-690 after dark.
What was your highlight out of curiosity

nah, i see that and think someone else must've died
Combined with the unflattering photo that these news sites purposely use the public can assume that he purposely ran someone over.

Reminds me of the creepy picture espn used of Bernie the day that story broke.

Am i the only one who is very uncomfortable with how much content syracusedotcom is putting up/tweeting? The 911 call? Really? A timeline? Really?
Its a really high profile person. Two days ago 3 people in the town over from me were killed by a driver on drugs at a gas station and the newspaper online has a lot of the same stories.

Its a really high profile person. Two days ago 3 people in the town over from me were killed by a driver on drugs at a gas station and the newspaper online has a lot of the same stories.

Yeah I'm aware it's a huge story because of who the driver is but this isn't a drugged up driver.

I just don't think you need 12 tweets about it and this huge banner spread being your home page...

1550780474049.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom