Homer Team Stream | Syracusefan.com

Homer Team Stream

JDemo

Walk On
I gotta admit I kind of liked it and stayed on that broadcast throughout the game. It made the game fun and felt like I was watching with my buddies. You could tell all of the guys bleed Orange...Werme was fired up. Loved when they were calling for fouls and cheering.

I checked it out to see what it was all about, and lasted for about two minutes. The audio quality was bad and the twitter thing that kept popping up annoyed me. For me, one of the special things about playing in a big game such as the Final Four is having the national broadcast guys calling your game. The team stream is a cool thing to try, but it didn't feel like a Final Four game to me when I was on it.

I thought it was fun, but I wish they had worked a little harder on getting their levels right. It was hard to hear at times.

I put it on for a very brief time in the 2nd half

UNC ran it up to 14 in a couple of secs, and I switched back

true story

I watched the whole game on it, but in retrospect I think the national broadcast might have been better. It got old after a while, especially when we were clearly not going to win.

I didn't watch it. What bothered me and surprised me was that it wasn't the same video feed. The team stream seemed to be from a slightly worse angle than the primary feed slightly higher and further towards one basket.

I gotta admit I kind of liked it and stayed on that broadcast throughout the game. It made the game fun and felt like I was watching with my buddies. You could tell all of the guys bleed Orange...Werme was fired up. Loved when they were calling for fouls and cheering.

Just got finished watching that feed on DVR. It sure wasn't the most professional telecast in the world, but was entertaining--Werme and Rosie were so excited throughout (Rosie often interrupting with a "yes, yes" or an "ohhh" as if he was just a fan). It basically would be like a couple of us doing the broadcast. But one negative was that both were openly complaining about missed foul calls on UNC all game long (I realize it was the homer "Team Stream" but in that regard they over did it a bit). In fact, the funniest one was on Cooney's steal during the 10-0 run -- Rosie was upset they didn't call some contact at midcourt, but what he obviously didn't realize is that if they had called it, the basket they scored on that same break would not have counted.

I was right in that Rosie was not good on the color. Made lots of mistakes. Demo's comparison that it was like watching with buddies was right on EXCEPT you couldn't tell Rosie to shut up with all his incorrect "facts" Being SU centric is fine but please show some professionalism. Yelling "he got fouled" every time a UNC player got close to an SU player is not being professional. Also, disliked the scans of the crowd and the sad faced kids when SU fell behind by a lot. People here make fun of the crying kid when Duke lost, this was almost as bad. Gave up on that broadcast at half time.

I liked it a lot. Bouie wasnt great but he had good intentions. Werme was pouring it on a little thick, but I can't fault him, he was a true fan.

The calling for fouls constantly was funny. They would be complaining about no foul being called, then they would show a highlight and there was clearly no foul, but they stuck with it, I respected them for that.

As an out of towner, it was nice to get a blatantly pro SU feed. The national telecasts are always dry and they play it down the middle except in the most egregious situations. It was nice to have a bit of a change and hearing some announcers be as into the game as I was and be openly rooting like me.

I may even check out the nova feed tomorrow. If only for a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom