Horse Racing | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing

You know how sometimes you see people and you're just like, "that person is up to something, but I can't pin-point what" but you keep it to yourself because you have zero proof. That's how I've felt about Bob Baffert for like 20 years.

The irony in
I am NOT defending him...he’s a def cheater.

but...I think people are misinterpreting the cancel culture comment. He was referring to the statement where Churchill Downs is suspending all his horses immediately from running there
The irony is that the three horses finishing closest to Medina Spirit in the Derby were trained by Brad Cox and Doug O'Neill, neither of whom are hay, oats and water Boy Scouts.

1620747809765.png

seems like it would be pretty easy to have every horse in training be entered into a system that keeps track of treatments being applied.. you treat a horse you select the treatment/drug from a set list of approved stuff and bingo bongo.. you want to treat them with something not on the approved list that doesnt contain something bad then you have an issue.. I mean how many things are they really treating horses with and how many ingredients are on the banned list..

they can figure this out for millions of olympic athletes.. they ought to be able to figure it out for a few thousand horses..

seems like it would be pretty easy to have every horse in training be entered into a system that keeps track of treatments being applied.. you treat a horse you select the treatment/drug from a set list of approved stuff and bingo bongo.. you want to treat them with something not on the approved list that doesnt contain something bad then you have an issue.. I mean how many things are they really treating horses with and how many ingredients are on the banned list..

they can figure this out for millions of olympic athletes.. they ought to be able to figure it out for a few thousand horses..

Pretty much how they do it in Hong Kong, vet treatments are also public record and available to bettors pretty easily. In addition, the drugs used by vet are also all located in one central location at the track, There is no vets cruising around the backside with full fledge drug stores and pharmacies in the back of their trucks etc

wonder how much you could actually gte into a horse by peeing into hay after taking a med like that.. and then how long it would stay in your system after being absorbed like that

When handicapping the Preakness everyone...assume Baffert will try to cheat...as we discussed before the Derby

The horse game is like college sports - it doesn't pay not to cheat. Will Wade, Bill Self, Baffert....the list is endless. The teflon attitude the cheaters feel is the most infuriating.

Last edited:
Baffert and a few other "super-trainers" have been playing this game for years, timing the dosage and administration of various banned substances to cycle out of the system by race day. Sometimes they don't get it quite right.
Im not a horse racing guy at all, But Baffert is a pos.

Im not a horse racing guy at all, But Baffert is a pos.
Good with the media and comes across well in interviews, though. If he were an irascible old crank, he'd have used up his chances by now. He is starting to lose some owners, which is a good thing.

Rub in that Robitussin. Get that tussin in there.

Attachments

• Baffert.jpeg
    Baffert.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored by my Congressman (Tonko), I believe this bill is now law. Not sure if it addresses drugs given prior to race day.
It's a joke that horse racing doesn't have a national unifying committee. Stuff like this is not going to help the sport grow.

It's a joke that horse racing doesn't have a national unifying committee. Stuff like this is not going to help the sport grow.

That's a good point about growing the sport. Personally, I pay attention to horse racing 3 times a year and this is making me think if that's even too much.

Why the hell would it take several weeks to get the results of the split sample? Maybe the tracks should have paid the extra $39.95 for the premium testing package. Come on.
They don't want to catch people and have to enforce penalties especially against people like Baffert.

I have mentioned this before but the Preakness has partnered with Virtual Horse racing game Zed Run to host about a dozen auctions of NFT’s of famous races as well as a special edition Zed run Horse among other things.

some of the special prizes is a replica of the Trophy awarded to the winners of the Preakness, another auction award is the oppurtunity to name an undercard race in next years Preakness. And lastly a chance to design a jockeys silks next year as well. All three of these rewards also come with 2 VIP tickets to next years Preakness. Here is link for more info The Preakness x Zed Run Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom