House of the Dragon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

House of the Dragon

Being the most humane of the Targaryens at this time is a low bar.

In terms of storybuilding, Dany had seasons of buildup toward one eventual and inevitable result. Then it was all snatched away from her, and then add some other personal losses. Rhaenys lost the kingdom 30 years earlier and was resigned to that. She didn’t have to erupt the floor at that moment. She didn’t disrupt the coronation—that still happened. All she did was kill Innocents that she was just among, seconds earlier. She slipped away and managed to reach her dragon pretty easily. Could have escaped just as easily, from an empty room.

Either way—I don’t ‘excuse’ what Dany did. I just don’t like the reliance on the ‘woman scorned‘ theme. Do it once, and you can write it off as someone literally losing her mind. But Rhaenys didn’t go bonkers. She was the most reasonable and rational person in any room both before and after that homicidal drama. That just doesn’t add up.

The deaths were incidental and secondary or tertiary to the scene. It wasn’t Rhaenys deciding that she was going to kill some people, imo. I liked that it showed her taking control of her fate and also the decision she could have made to stop it all before it began. Sneaking away would have been a missed opportunity and a worse scene, for my money.

Season 2 is not out until sometime in 2024, right? Too bad.

War is coming.

hohoho . and what can santa bring you little girl ?

dream-is-real-in-christmastime-happy-little-cute-girl-sitting-on-the-HC8MMP.jpg

a dragon egg !

I just finished Game of Thrones. I thought it was good but not really my type of nerdy. I can see how someone with different tastes could think it was among the greatest shows ever but there were points were I lost interest. It could be a little too predictable, too.

The last season felt a bit mailed in but I actually didn't mind the ending. It took me awhile binging it to figure everything out (Deadwood was the same way) so I am already excited to do a rewatch. I enjoyed The Wire much more during my second watch and I think this will be similar when I get around to it.

I just finished Game of Thrones. I thought it was good but not really my type of nerdy. I can see how someone with different tastes could think it was among the greatest shows ever but there were points were I lost interest. It could be a little too predictable, too.

The last season felt a bit mailed in but I actually didn't mind the ending. It took me awhile binging it to figure everything out (Deadwood was the same way) so I am already excited to do a rewatch. I enjoyed The Wire much more during my second watch and I think this will be similar when I get around to it.

I’ve probably watched GoT all the way through about 5 or 6 times. So many things I picked up on only after rewatching. I hope you find the rewatch as enjoyable as I did.

Like several shows the rewatch you'll like better. I never watched the show until 2019, basically right around the time S8 came out. I didn't have nearly the same strong feelings about the final season because I didn't have the same level of investment as those over 8 years. However after watching it again, I was able to understand much more the disappointment. It won't go down as one of the greatest shows ever because the landing didn't stick, but it was well on its way at the peak. I still routinely watch episodes though, because there is some great stuff in there.

My wife and I have rewatched it 4 or 5 times, always stopping before the final season. We like to pretend the final season didn’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom