House of the Dragon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

House of the Dragon

Very good episode. I thought while watching maybe a little too much plot armor but after reading up on it, maybe I am being too nitpicky.

Wow yep. Wifey beside me said “I can’t believe we’re being sucked into this all again, this is as good as GOT”. Yeah we’re all in

Syracuse football and Game of Thrones. I’m all in with both.

Very good episode. I thought while watching maybe a little too much plot armor but after reading up on it, maybe I am being too nitpicky.
At least he wasn’t stabbed 20 times and jumped into a cesspool.

At least he wasn’t stabbed 20 times and jumped into a cesspool.
As epic as battle of the bastards was, the plot armor jon snow had was a litttle much for me.

For me it is just okay. One of the things GoT had going for it was the books were unfinished so we did not really know how the story was going to end. It allowed fans to argue over different theories.

House of Dragon, not so much. We all know exactly how this is going to end and for me personally that takes away a lot of the drama. I still find it entertaining but nothing like GoT.

For me it is just okay. One of the things GoT had going for it was the books were unfinished so we did not really know how the story was going to end. It allowed fans to argue over different theories.

House of Dragon, not so much. We all know exactly how this is going to end and for me personally that takes away a lot of the drama. I still find it entertaining but nothing like GoT.

With House of the Dragon we have histories thrown together by unreliable narrators/writers. So I agree that we know where it's going, but we don't truly know how we're going to get there. And this mechanism that Martin uses allows for some creative license. I have a feeling they're going to have some things be different than the books just to create that excitement.

Having read the book, there’s already been additions in the show that add to the overall lore which weren’t included in the book itself.

A lot can still happen that we dont expect.

I'm curious if the Blackwood we saw ends up being a stand in for an aged up Benjicot. The Lads, Alysanne Blackwood and Sabitha Frey were interesting minor characters in Fire and Blood that I really hope we get to see in the later seasons.

Episode 4 got some drama going, which is certainly GOT-like. Very interested to see where this goes. Shame we will have a new actress for Rhaenyra though. She's great and a babe.

Episode 4 got some drama going, which is certainly GOT-like. Very interested to see where this goes. Shame we will have a new actress for Rhaenyra though. She's great and a babe.
I‘ve been thinking the same thing. It took me a little while to get used to her. She has an odd face. And then I started to like it. Now, I think she’s fantastic, and I’m a bit saddened with the realization she’s soon to be replaced. It’s kinda like The Crown—I loved Claire Foy, and even though Olivia Coleman is great, the Foy era was it for me.

It’s interesting how this show is so good while being so much ‘smaller’ than GoT in terms of geographical scope and cast. It’s a much smaller story. I’m really glad I never read any of the books—I have no idea what’s in store, aside from some obvious plot lines.

What an incredible franchise. The production alone is absolute perfection.

I‘ve been thinking the same thing. It took me a little while to get used to her. She has an odd face. And then I started to like it. Now, I think she’s fantastic, and I’m a bit saddened with the realization she’s soon to be replaced. It’s kinda like The Crown—I loved Claire Foy, and even though Olivia Coleman is great, the Foy era was it for me.

It’s interesting how this show is so good while being so much ‘smaller’ than GoT in terms of geographical scope and cast. It’s a much smaller story. I’m really glad I never read any of the books—I have no idea what’s in store, aside from some obvious plot lines.

Agree, I also haven’t read the books so it works out.

I don’t know how old you are, but I think young Rhaenyra (Milly Alcock) has a facial structure similar to a young Pat Benetar (one of my all time fave rockers). It’s unique but attractive because it isn’t a dime-a-dozen face you see all the time.

I’m trying but it’s just not doin it for me.

Had low expectations and it’s been mediocre at best to me.

I’ll keep watching because I want it to improve but it’s been pretty meh so far.

I don’t know how old you are, but I think young Rhaenyra (Milly Alcock) has a facial structure similar to a young Pat Benetar (one of my all time fave rockers). It’s unique but attractive because it isn’t a dime-a-dozen face you see all the time.
Old enough to have spent many hours learning Benatar songs on my crappy guitar when MTV was in its infancy. She’s prolly my third favorite singer, yet I didn’t recognize that match. Yep, I see it. It’s the ‘full’ chin area, for sure.

I’m trying but it’s just not doin it for me.

Had low expectations and it’s been mediocre at best to me.

I’ll keep watching because I want it to improve but it’s been pretty meh so far.
A3606D11-B1E4-4D57-9CB2-35B31DEE56E9.jpeg

Insane.
This episode was a rollercoaster.
lt went from ‘this may be my least favorite GoT episode of all of them’ to ‘is my tv broken?‘ to ‘oh, snap—s#*+ just got real’ to ‘oh, no she didn’t’ to ‘omg’ to ‘what?!!!’

This is a television show. Just one episode of a series. It’s incredible.

Insane.
This episode was a rollercoaster.
lt went from ‘this may be my least favorite GoT episode of all of them’ to ‘is my tv broken?‘ to ‘oh, snap—s#*+ just got real’ to ‘oh, no she didn’t’ to ‘omg’ to ‘what?!!!’

This is a television show. Just one episode of a series. It’s incredible.
Id say they’re handling crazy time hops about as well as you can… but they’re doing a really great job.

after so many i know who were not happy with the first one do i really want to jump on a prequel series.
The first one was the best series in the history of television. And people were thrilled by it for 97% of its run. If they were left unsatisfied by the concluding 3%, that‘s not a solid reason to miss the rest of it.

The prequel is different. And it’s staggeringly good. The only problem with a show at this level is that the criticism or nitpicking rises to a ridiculous level, far above that of any other program. It’s not perfect, but perfection is impossible.

After the episodes, read the NPR recaps. Fun and informative. Like, last night, I didn’t even realize Viserys didn’t know to whom he was speaking. So, my mind was blown by what he was asking, and then I read the recap that clarified it, and my mind was blown again at the exponentially greater implication.

It‘s crazy. It’s kinda like a soap opera (House, not GoT), in that it’s so much smaller and self-contained. And once again, the dialog is stunning. Every word is perfect, crafted, and delivered skillfully. It’s an amazing achievement.

The casting of this show is unbelievably well done. I do not care that Aegon should be slightly taller than Aemond. Aemond looks menacing.

Im not sure ive seen acting done as well in a tv series like Viserys since Sopranos.

The casting of this show is unbelievably well done. I do not care that Aegon should be slightly taller than Aemond. Aemond looks menacing.

Im not sure ive seen acting done as well in a tv series like Viserys since Sopranos.
I agree. That's one of the things i love about the whole franchise. Casting is for 'character.' So many other series cast like a soap opera, with the conventionally pretty people, and it just sucks the suspension of disbelief right out of it. There are probably a couple of characters in House that i don't care for: Ser Criston Cole, for example. He has that "Guiding Light" look.

Paddy was great. I've seen comments that he overacted, but i think he was a really fantastic melding of a lot of challenging characteristics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom