How about them Cowboys | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How about them Cowboys

Yes, one ref said that which every replay and official not in the game disagrees with. Did that crack article mention tv cowgirl hold or Bryant bring on the field without a helmet? 3 penalties on one play. That has to be a record.

Cowgirls...wow. How original....

Don't you have somebody on the OT board to argue with?

Big Cowboy fan. Best game of an otherwise set of boring pro games. Love the non interference call. Initially I thought the boys were going to get blown out and Jerry would bring Jimmy back next year. Gutsy gamble call by Jason G. on 4th and six we the game hanging on the line.

To the Victors go the spoils. Enjoy your team's win.

jvbj01 said:
Cowgirls...wow. How original.... Don't you have somebody on the OT board to argue with?

Not a facts guy huh? Stating facts isn't arguing. Arguing is silly statements like scoreboard.

Referee in the TV booth said it was an obvious PI as the ref on the field announced the penalty and the chains were being moved. Fact.

Former VP of NFL officials said in oust game interview it was an obvious PI and overturning it was wrong. Fact.

Replay also showed a defensive hold of the receiver as pointed out by same VP. Fact.

Bryant ran on the field complaining without a helmet on. By rule that is a penalty. Fact.

Scoreboard. Fact.

Tainted. Fact.

The Cowboys are the only team to ever benefit from a bad call on the way to the Super Bowl. There is clearly a league-wide conspiracy.

Give me a "tainted" Super Bowl any year.

Not a facts guy huh? Stating facts isn't arguing. Arguing is silly statements like scoreboard.

Referee in the TV booth said it was an obvious PI as the ref on the field announced the penalty and the chains were being moved. Fact.

Former VP of NFL officials said in oust game interview it was an obvious PI and overturning it was wrong. Fact.

Replay also showed a defensive hold of the receiver as pointed out by same VP. Fact.

Bryant ran on the field complaining without a helmet on. By rule that is a penalty. Fact.

Scoreboard. Fact.

Tainted. Fact.

If it makes you feel better because your team is not still playing football right now, good for you. Mistakes are made all of the time. If the flag was picked up, an explanation at the time should have been made. Also, if you watch closely, players often step onto the field without a helmet on and are not penalized. I believe there is a similar rule in basketball about stepping on the court for coaches. Should JB penalized every time he throw a fit and does it?

I should have ignored your commentary in this link. I was responding to another Cowboy fan.

Enjoy your day and find something else to debate. You surely do enjoy debating (arguing).

jvbj01 said:
If it makes you feel better because your team is not still playing football right now, good for you. Mistakes are made all of the time. If the flag was picked up, an explanation at the time should have been made. Also, if you watch closely, players often step onto the field without a helmet on and are not penalized. I believe there is a similar rule in basketball about stepping on the court for coaches. Should JB penalized every time he throw a fit and does it? I should have ignored your commentary in this link. I was responding to another Cowboy fan. Enjoy your day and find something else to debate. You surely do enjoy debating (arguing).

Sounds like a cowgirls fan. That's their typical type of response.

Calling any win in the NFL "tainted" is silly with all the potential bad calls and non-calls on every play. There's no knowing how anything would have impacted the outcome of the game. I suspect you're just trying to agitate Cowboy fans. The Cowboys got a break and took advantage of it. Are you sure the Giants didn't receive any breaks during their Super Bowl runs?

Calling any win in the NFL "tainted" is silly with all the potential bad calls and non-calls on every play. There's no knowing how anything would have impacted the outcome of the game. I suspect you're just trying to agitate Cowboy fans. The Cowboys got a break and took advantage of it. Are you sure the Giants didn't receive any breaks during their Super Bowl runs?
One has to realize that the Cowboys like the Yankees are royalty. They are not called America's team for nothing. Now take the Jets for example. Outside of Joe Willie winning Super bowl III what are they known for other than Ryan's foot fetish. No one cares about the Jets, because they are to pathetic to even be hated.

I have been listening to the local sports stations here in Richmond and all the Deadskin fans are besides themselves. They want Dez Bryant to be flagged 15 yards after facing a firing squad. Enjoy the sweet victory and on to Green Bay and those obnoxious cheese heads.

Its not tainted.. thats just the angle the media created. The disparity between how the penalties called vs not called running into the punters, the uncalled clear defensive hold on jason witten on the final drive and the lions benefitting from a surprising immediate approval to Suh's appeal are other key factors in this game. Add to that when you read through the win probabilities and how they were impacted you will find that the call itself had an equal percentage impact to the lions not going for it on 4th down as well as not stopping dallas on 4th and 1 at the goal line and 4th and 6 on the final drive. So other than just hatred of the cowboys and needing some way to not give them credit the "tainted" statement is pure bs. Look at the bigger picture and the lions failed to make the lead larger and were given ample opportunities themselves by the officials.

Let me add that the way the cowboys defense was playing it was far from a guarantee the lions get 6 if the call is made and more likely they get 3 points. Thats still a 1 point cowboys win.