How do we defend Diggs? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How do we defend Diggs?

-5e6d042a376f8ac7.JPG

One of my fraternity brothers did something similar to this in 1992 when we played Miami at the dome. He got on the phone to the Sheraton (or whatever hotel it was) in the middle of the night and gave them a BS story about how there was a family emergency with the Torretta family and he had to talk to Gino right away. Eventually they passed him through to his room and he took the call and my friend told him how we were going to clean the dome carpet with his helmet, etc. Obviously he didn't QUITE keep him up late enough. After the game, when Gino was heading into the tunnel, my friend yelled down to him and put a pretend phone to his ear and gestured somehow that "that was me." I believe Gino laughed and pointed at the scoreboard or something to that effect.

pure classic story...that was great

Put a spy on Brown and make him prove he can beat us through the air.

His passing stats against mediocre teams are so far unimpressive. His long TD to Diggs (77 yds) against WVU was some kind of busted coverage, not because it was a great play by Brown/Diggs that is something to be scared of. He was wide, wide open like one of the DB's goofed. Take that outlier play away from their stats, and neither Diggs nor Brown have much to show for as far as the passing game.

Brown's running is the concern here, IMHO, hence the spy. The rest of their ground game doesn't scare me.

Last edited:
Put a spy on Brown and make him prove he can beat us through the air.

His passing stats against mediocre teams are so far unimpressive. His long TD to Diggs (77 yds) against WVU was some kind of busted coverage, not because it was a great play by Brown/Diggs that is something to be scared of. He was wide, wide open like one of the DB's goofed. Take that outlier play away from their stats, and neither Diggs nor Brown have much to show for as far as the passing game.

Brown's running is the concern here, IMHO, hence the spy. The rest of their ground game doesn't scare me.

Brown had 15 carries for 5 yards against us last year along with 2 picks ... would love to see that again.

I know you want to win at all costs but no one should be forced to jam to Nickelback.

Is there a worse cheesy rock band than Nickelback? I even hate looking at those guys, they are the pinnacle of suck. If there was a mount rushmore of crap rock you'd have Nickelback right next to Train - and don't get me started on that pile of horse$$%^ band.

It seems to me that diggs is the guy that can hurt us badly. It also seems that we may not get to the QB early in the play based on our previous games. We'll get to him after a second or two, but he'll likely have time to get a quick pass away. So will we play Diggs tight off the line with some help over the top? What other options do we have?

In the past, we tend to play off a fast guy in hopes of keeping him in front of us but we give up lots of short passes and YAC. I'd rather not see that this week since that invites them to get the ball to Diggs.

Florange44

How do we stop Diggs? Like this:

DSCN5145.JPG
Tonya-and-Nancy-The-Impact.jpg

Is there a worse cheesy rock band than Nickelback? I even hate looking at those guys, they are the pinnacle of suck. If there was a mount rushmore of crap rock you'd have Nickelback right next to Train - and don't get me started on that pile of horse$$%^ band.

409.png

Brown had 15 carries for 5 yards against us last year along with 2 picks ... would love to see that again.
Good memory. Seems HCSS has a plan for this guy. Give the points.

Pass rush in this game is going to be crucial but at the same time our DE's must contain Brown.

mix up coverages and don't give the same looks . whover the staff feels is the best man corner with enough speed should be on him whenever we are forced into 1 on 1 because of blitzing

mix up coverages and don't give the same looks . whover the staff feels is the best man corner with enough speed should be on him whenever we are forced into 1 on 1 because of blitzing
Diggs is OK, but nothing to warrant special attention. Take away his 77 yard TD against WVU where the DBs screwed up, and he's got like 15 catches for 150 yds on the year. Nothing to spatter our bladder about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom