How I would organize College Gameday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How I would organize College Gameday

Was stuck in traffic today so I thought about how I would organize the College Gameday show if (not jinxing anything) it was in Syracuse. Here are the segments I would have:

1. Sportscaster segment -- get Bob Costas, Marv Albert, Dick Stockton, Sean McDonough, Mike Tirico and just have them sit and tell their favorite anecdotes about going to SU. All five of those guys are awesome storytellers and this could go on in an entertaining fashion for 15 minutes.

2. 1959 team segment -- I'm not sure how many of these guys are still alive, but I think it would be great to do a feature on this season and have them reminisce about this championship, and how it impacted their lives.

3. Celebrity segment -- Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, etc. talk about their favorite football memories.

4. Basketball team / football team interactions -- get the most charismatic basketball people like DC, Billy Owens, Boeheim, Dave Bing, McNabb also, etc. and have them talk about their favorite memories attending SU football games back in the day.

5. Tom Rinaldi segment where everyone cries at the end -- the life and times of Ernie Davis. Bring some of his family members on the show and have them talk about him.

6. Tar and feather Mark Schwartz

I can't make it to campus and I have a conflict that morning so I won't be able to watch if indeed Gameday is at Syracuse...does anyone know if they usually post the full show somewhere so I can re-watch it?

2917BFB7-23BB-4B6F-A23E-868A67010325.gif
When it comes to “pickers”, JB is unparalleled.

No offense to basketball but they should get no mention at all. It’s footballs time to soak the attention in
Word.

And not like the basketball team deserves much attention lately either.

....Gameday is going to be in Clemson for Aug 29th against GT

The dream is over boys and girls, pack it up...

That can’t be good for us.

Not good at all. I have heard some rumblings that while its up in the air still there is less confidence of Gameday making it here.

Not good at all. I have heard some rumblings that while its up in the air still there is less confidence of Gameday making it here.
Yup, it would be too much Clemson. Oh well, we will have to beat them anyway and let ESPN think of what might have been...

AND if week three gets announced for Pitt v PSU...oh boy...

Apparently they will just be there Thursday and the show will still take place Saturday...so not all hope is lost. Think of it as a little extra show

...Gameday is going to be in Clemson for Aug 29th against GT

That's a thursday and will be the first game on the ACCN. So how could that be the Saturday Gameday?

I think the biggest issue is Iowa and Iowa State both being ranked. But I feel our game has a bigger national interest.

Okay so they are just going to visit the game Thursday.
Week 1 is officially Auburn v Oregon
I’m more worried about them announcing TAMU v Clemson

Week 2 has Army/Michigan and Texas/LSU as possible contenders as well. Hopefully one of those gets it because no way will they have Clemson two weeks in a row.

After what happened with the basketball tragedy this year and Syracuse never hosting it, I really hope we get it. But ISU has never hosted either, so it'll definitely be one of those two games.

Gameday doesn’t do multiple segments on the area they are at.
We would get one segment no doubt but beyond that it would be whatever stories they have in the can for that week.

It's interesting for sure. Zero chance aTm/Clemson gets gameday. Clemson/Cuse might have taken a hit with this because of clemson overload, but if both are 2-0? Has to happen.

Okay so they are just going to visit the game Thursday.
Week 1 is officially Auburn v Oregon
I’m more worried about them announcing TAMU v Clemson
LSU-Texas week 2 is the prime time game.
Kirk will be calling that game.
Thus unless they want him to jet from Clemson to Austin they will go to Austin.
Texas-LSU is a top 10 matchup as well.
Plus Clemson-Syracuse sets up as the best game the following week.

Sure LSU/Texas wont be on Fox?

That makes, so clearly it will not happen ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom