How many people use Cuse basketball to get through the winter. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How many people use Cuse basketball to get through the winter.

Haven't they moved to Hamilton yet?

If you want to see a Stanley Cup parade, we hold them regularly.
Detroit+Red+Wings+Stanley+Cup+Victory+Parade+6TH60ixAdlwl.jpg

Psh, not yet... Seems like half of Detroit has relocated from that dump of a city down to Tennessee though.

I do, at least I don't have to get nervous before games the rest of the season.

The only reason I'm still in the area is because there's nothing more I look forward to than going to the dome for a basketball game.
To add to this: the main reason I will never retire to any other place than Syracuse is because I have season tickets. I have also learned to associate snow and cold with Dome and hot. Honestly, I don't mind winter at all (but it makes most people hostile if I say it, so normally I just think it).

I am the March Madness bracket manager at work and that will not have the zip and interest it normally does. That makes me sad. I assume we will still do one, and I will watch some the tournament games but not with the same zest. Not even close.

I already have my round trip ticket to Charlotte for the ACC tourney and I will still go, of course, and visit friends and family. I intend to make a LOT of lemonade from lemons on that trip. I will impress all my Duke and Carolina friends with my joie de vivre and fantabulous good sportsmanship. HAH!

I will of course go to the rest of the home games, cheer like crazy, mourn the loss of Rakeem, and my stomach will still be in knots for these white knuckle games. I will learn to take pleasure and pride at the accomplishment of some of our individual players and practice gentle compassion for the rest of them.

I will remind myself that this is a first world problem and that, all things considered, I have a pretty good life.

To add to this: the main reason I will never retire to any other place than Syracuse is because I have season tickets. I have also learned to associate snow and cold with Dome and hot. Honestly, I don't mind winter at all (but it makes most people hostile if I say it, so normally I just think it).

I am the March Madness bracket manager at work and that will not have the zip and interest it normally does. That makes me sad. I assume we will still do one, and I will watch some the tournament games but not with the same zest. Not even close.

I already have my round trip ticket to Charlotte for the ACC tourney and I will still go, of course, and visit friends and family. I intend to make a LOT of lemonade from lemons on that trip. I will impress all my Duke and Carolina friends with my joie de vivre and fantabulous good sportsmanship. HAH!

I will of course go to the rest of the home games, cheer like crazy, mourn the loss of Rakeem, and my stomach will still be in knots for these white knuckle games. I will learn to take pleasure and pride at the accomplishment of some of our individual players and practice gentle compassion for the rest of them.

I will remind myself that this is a first world problem and that, all things considered, I have a pretty good life.

That's a good woman/person right there. Going to take a bit of that positivity and apply it to my daily life.

cliftonparksufan said:
Does today feel any different. Any suggestions to help kill the next couple months (besides the obvious).

I love SU sports too much to use it merely as a path to spring.
March Madness, which is my favorite tv sporting event, without SU, seems like a secondary bowl game. Just not very meaningful. On the bright side, it will free up my weekends in March for other things.

Best post of the year.

Does today feel any different. Any suggestions to help kill the next couple months (besides the obvious).

th
Gets me through winter, spring, summer, and fall. In answer to your question, my nerves will be less stressed, and I will just continue to watch games for the thrill of basketball.

There are alternatives, tried and true ...

chicago_blackhawks_g_mp_576x324.jpg

Where is the Toronto Maple Leafs parade?

1967 and going strong... OK, more of a Canadian thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom