How many years will it be | Syracusefan.com

How many years will it be

Flacusian

All Conference
before we see a Syracuse basketball team that is ranked in the top 10? By the looks of things and the current state of Orange recruiting it might be a very, very, long time.

before we see a Syracuse basketball team that is ranked in the top 10? By the looks of things and the current state of Orange recruiting it might be a very, very, long time.

Yeah and if you aren't Kentucky, Kansas or UNC - it is unlikely you have a consistently top 10 team.

If Lydon stays and Battle/FH/Thompson progress, then next year. We get Chukwu back and I think we quietly pulled in a small decent class.

Battle's going to be a star.

If everybody returns and Howard learns to play point guard and can play 40 minutes a game along along with Battle then maybe next year.

After that, it could be a long long time.

If everybody returns and Howard learns to play point guard and can play 40 minutes a game along along with Battle then maybe next year.

After that, it could be a long long time.

I just threw up in my mouth a little at "Howard learns to play point guard"... we have no shot to be a top 10 team without a point guard, but I think the chances of it being a freshman overachiever or another grad transfer are better than Howard growing a basketball IQ and learning to shoot this off-season... even if Lydon destroys his stock enough that everyone is back. I haven't really followed recruiting enough to know if Washington/Ayala/Duarte could fit that bill.

If Lydon stays and Battle/FH/Thompson progress, then next year. We get Chukwu back and I think we quietly pulled in a small decent class.

Battle's going to be a star.
I hear all different things about Moyer. I hope he is as good as some say.

Next year if everything works out perfectly. If it doesn't I don't foresee it for 2-3 years. We need to get a good core group of recruits and let them develop. We've had so many years where our best players were just good enough to leave early that we weren't anticipating the loss. Our recruiting hasn't stopped the bleed yet.

I hear all different things about Moyer. I hope he is as good as some say.

He's vocal and a grinder. That's what I "know". Much left to see otherwise. Hopefully he brings some real grit to complement Thompson 15 feet and in.

He's vocal and a grinder. That's what I "know". Much left to see otherwise. Hopefully he brings some real grit to complement Thompson 15 feet and in.

Sick of grit and athletes. Want a basketball player who can play great defense and put the ball in the basket and or dribble. I'll take one or the other at this point.

Sick of grit and athletes. Want a basketball player who can play great defense and put the ball in the basket and or dribble. I'll take one or the other at this point.

We'll be able to tell the real value of our coaches methods of development. Moyer was a real high D1 level recruit. My hopes are that he'll contribute immediately.

What I mean by grit is effort and heart. Something our players far too often lack. Something we missed out on with Thomas Bryant.

Moyer brings attitude, which we need.

We'll be able to tell the real value of our coaches methods of development. Moyer was a real high D1 level recruit. My hopes are that he'll contribute immediately.

What I mean by grit is effort and heart. Something our players far too often lack. Something we missed out on with Thomas Bryant.

Moyer brings attitude, which we need.

I'll let it play out a bit but this guy was barely top 75. I know the ratings aren't the end all be all but he's being made out to be the next great one. Who could be but odds are he's a 4 year guy that's solid. Nothing wrong with that but be careful with unrealistic expectations.

www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189563/matthew-moyer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom