how much time have u spent thinking about the game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

how much time have u spent thinking about the game?

6 months, we just started trying. As i was typing it I looked over at him, he gave me a big chit eating grin and spit his sweet potatoe puree all over himself... we both laughed. I gotta say... nothing is better than being a dad.

How old is yours? and gender?

6 months is wild to watch them change and develop a personality. Does he have any/many teeth yet? We actually had really good luck with avacado, grapes, and bananas chopped up in tic tac size pieces. I wouldn't do grapes yet (skin) but avacado (peeled) and banana just mush in his mouth and you can cut em just big enough for him to grab. If he wants to grab them/try to feed himself it might be worth a shot.

My son just turned 1 year old on March 11th. Time flies and as frusterating/exhausting as it can be I love every second of it because I know I'll never have this time again. Like I said, outside of work, it all changes for me. I can't even get mad at him for being stubborn/independent because I know where he got it from. My older son is the same way and my wife just shakes her head sometimes.

Work sucks, but life is good.

98% CUSE/IU
1% Beer
.09 % Women
.01% Work....said in a Maynard G Krebs tone of voice

6 months is wild to watch them change and develop a personality. Does he have any/many teeth yet? We actually had really good luck with avacado, grapes, and bananas chopped up in tic tac size pieces. I wouldn't do grapes yet (skin) but avacado (peeled) and banana just mush in his mouth and you can cut em just big enough for him to grab. If he wants to grab them/try to feed himself it might be worth a shot.

My son just turned 1 year old on March 11th. Time flies and as frusterating/exhausting as it can be I love every second of it because I know I'll never have this time again. Like I said, outside of work, it all changes for me. I can't even get mad at him for being stubborn/independent because I know where he got it from. My older son is the same way and my wife just shakes her head sometimes.

Work sucks, but life is good.
He seems to like sweet potatoes, we tried rice cereal (that was funny weird face followed with a shake of the head), avacado and banana puffs. Its pretty funny to watch. You're right about the time... 6 months feels like DAYS, its been a whirlwind but an absolute pleasure. I have been pee'd on, pooped on, puked on and none of it has bothered me as much as I thought it would. Work definitely sucks... but then I get to come home. Your oldest playing sports? must be awesome.

He seems to like sweet potatoes, we tried rice cereal (that was funny weird face followed with a shake of the head), avacado and banana puffs. Its pretty funny to watch. You're right about the time... 6 months feels like DAYS, its been a whirlwind but an absolute pleasure. I have been pee'd on, pooped on, puked on and none of it has bothered me as much as I thought it would. Work definitely sucks... but then I get to come home. Your oldest playing sports? must be awesome.
Good old days, boys and girls, sounds like you both are cherishing it.

Wait til they're 5 and you're taking them to Tae Kwon Do, soccer.
I got punched and kicked hard in the chest while play-fighting the other day. But like you said, can't even get mad. I said "wow, your kicks are coming along"! Good job tee, praise the kid for beating on you.

Those toddler days seemed like a progression or something new every single day.

Yeah he's playing U12 soccer which I volunteered to help with with all the time/energy I don't have. Thankfully some board members on here helped pick me up so I'm feeling alot more confident in it. I prefer he plays a sport but pretty much just want him to be motivated/passionate about something and he'll have my full support in whatever it is. He's the fastest kid on the team, hates to lose at anything (like dad), but needs to be motivated to work outside of practice (like dad).

Wait til your sons first birthday party comes around. We had 70 people over total. You may want to start planning now if you haven't already.

Good old days, boys and girls, sounds like you both are cherishing it.

Wait til they're 5 and you're taking them to Tae Kwon Do, soccer.
I got punched and kicked hard in the chest while play-fighting the other day. But like you said, can't even get mad. I said "wow, your kicks are coming along"! Good job tee, praise the kid for beating on you.

Those toddler days seemed like a progression or something new every single day.
You have 2? I can't wait to be involved in whatever my kid wants to do. Even if its ballet. 5 sounds like a real fun age.

86% game
7% PBR
1% NIT games tonight
5%how much i hate uconn
1% what the hell is taking my wife so long in this goddamn store as im missing quality NIT games right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have 2? I can't wait to be involved in whatever my kid wants to do. Even if its ballet. 5 sounds like a real fun age.
Nah, just one man. Wife doesn't want more, and I am not clever enough to slip one by the goalie.
Hate you, Brodeur!

And yeah, 5 (almost 6) is a really fun age. Boy is cold bouncing off the walls (in a good way).
:)

Yeah he's playing U12 soccer which I volunteered to help with with all the time/energy I don't have. Thankfully some board members on here helped pick me up so I'm feeling alot more confident in it. I prefer he plays a sport but pretty much just want him to be motivated/passionate about something and he'll have my full support in whatever it is. He's the fastest kid on the team, hates to lose at anything (like dad), but needs to be motivated to work outside of practice (like dad).

Wait til your sons first birthday party comes around. We had 70 people over total. You may want to start planning now if you haven't already.
thats awesome, does he only play soccer? Speed is key, with that you can play just about anything. I always hated to lose, still do even when playing adult kickball, I wish I wasn't always like this and hope my kid copes with losing better than his old man did/does.

1st b'day haha the wife is already trying to plan this. we were thinking a pumpkin patch, then a park, then our house, then themes? its nutty, but shes good at this stuff I'll just help where I can.

Talk to tee about that, he's the head of that department. Some of us actually call likes tees now. So I teed you up.
The method to the madness (what's behind a tee like)
jlh
kate upton
any bashing of another big east team
any bashing of kentucky
jlh
kate upton
80s music
a post of how frikkin frakkin awesome Cuse is
jlh
any francis picture of an nba player's funny reaction to a post
smokin' jay
F Anything by Marsh

And No. I didn't make a "copy paste" mistake.

Nah, just one man. Wife doesn't want more, and I am not clever enough to slip one by the goalie.
Hate you, Brodeur!

And yeah, 5 (almost 6) is a really fun age. Boy is cold bouncing off the walls (in a good way).
:)
My wife only wants one too, but I would be happy with more. Everything scares her to the point she thinks she can't do it again. And I hate Broduer too.. high five.

Or the first day they go to school and get on the bus. We had 16 people at the bus stop. We were told we broke the westhill record for # of people to see their kid off on his first day of school.

My wife only wants one too, but I would be happy with more. Everything scares her to the point she thinks she can't do it again. And I hate Broduer too.. high five.
Wait, do we have the same wife, living two secret lives? lol
I have bolded from your quote. This is my wife in a nutshell.
borat.jpg

Lol maybe... does she constantly want to punch you in the face? Cuz my wife does.
That's her. How do you know so much about my wife? Or are all of them crazy as loons, I mean emotional.
Edit: I'm a dead man walking, I know.

Or the first day they go to school and get on the bus. We had 16 people at the bus stop. We were told we broke the westhill record for # of people to see their kid off on his first day of school.

17 people if you count your PBR pounder as a person (assuming you do)

thats awesome, does he only play soccer? Speed is key, with that you can play just about anything. I always hated to lose, still do even when playing adult kickball, I wish I wasn't always like this and hope my kid copes with losing better than his old man did/does.

1st b'day haha the wife is already trying to plan this. we were thinking a pumpkin patch, then a park, then our house, then themes? its nutty, but shes good at this stuff I'll just help where I can.

I think the same sometimes but then i think "the last thing this world needs is more pushovers that are ok with losing". I'm not an "everyone gets a ribbon for competing" type of person. In elementary school we got 3 ribbons on field day and if it wasn't the color ribbon that Pabst won, it wasn't good enough for me. If you're ok with losing, your son might grow up a Georgetown or Rutgers fan ya know?

That second bolded point is crucial. Stay out of the way and offer minimal input because your ideas won't get much consideration anyway when she has a plan.

17 people if you count your PBR pounder as a person (assuming you do)
Well, they do have feelings, don't they?
Meanwhile, although we have an italian greyhound turning 9 soon (he puts my nutiness to shame)....
My wife is not enthralled that I have adopted a chipmunk (always hangs in the same area outside the back of our house) as an honorary family member.
His name is Fatoosh. He is appropriately named.

Now, I wonder why my wife would want to punch this guy in the face. :)

That's her. How do you know so much about my wife? Or are all of them crazy as loons, I mean emotional.
Edit: I'm a dead man walking, I know.
Women's be CRAZY.

I think the same sometimes but then i think "the last thing this world needs is more pushovers that are ok with losing". I'm not an "everyone gets a ribbon for competing" type of person. In elementary school we got 3 ribbons on field day and if it wasn't the color ribbon that Pabst won, it wasn't good enough for me. If you're ok with losing, your son might grow up a Georgetown or Rutgers fan ya know?

That second bolded point is crucial. Stay out of the way and offer minimal input because your ideas won't get much consideration anyway when she has a plan.
we're cut from the same clothe there. But sometimes it mad me a poor sport. I don't want him to be like that. I do want him to be motivated to get better when he loses. NEVER GTOWN, NEVER Rutgers. anything but that... its turrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom