How would Dino be fairing if we played | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

How would Dino be fairing if we played

How many consecutive years do you want to make a bowl before you would feel comfortable not scheduling soft? Keeping in mind that home-and-home series are often scheduled 5 or so years in advance.
5 years. Could be a moot point by then if ACC goes to 9 game conference schedule.

Actually USF leads series 5-2. UCF's best win was two years ago, 16-0. USF won 44-3 last year and has a much better overall history. Frost could get UCF back to the Blake Bortles' level, but most people have already penciled him in for NE. Taggart might move to a big boy school, but he is local boy. He may stay or he may move on. But there is a better chance he stays than Frost staying at UCF.

When USF is good enough to get to a major bowl get back to me ... UCF has and took care of Baylor ...

My point was that USF, Connecticut, and Colgate should be creampuffs every year. USF has good and bad years, but even a good year shouldn't put them at our level... shouldn't
Not even close to being true anymore. USF has more talent available to them within a 2 hour radius than most schools in the country. They will always be a difficult game.

Practices for bowl games are usually glorified walk-throughs. I'm not sure an extra week or two of that is going to have any significant impact on a player's development. I'd argue that avoiding the injury risk of playing in a meaningless post-season game is more beneficial.
Now your starting to come across as foolish. Any bowl game is important. They matter to the players staff fans administration alumni. I remember going to the cherry bowl when doug was playing. A totally worthless bowl game yet for our program it was a significant achievement and set the foundation for a resurgence. Any post season regardless of sport or age is significant.

Sorry I like to hold the team to a higher standard. Sorry I like to watch games worth watching. Maybe I'm psychotic for enjoying football games back in my playing days where we played a really good team and lost in a good game instead of when we won by 6 touchdowns against teams that probably shouldn't have fielded a varsity squad. My bad; I can see how I'm the scumbag.

Anyway, I'm out... for real this time haha.

Edit: Maybe I'm not done. First of all, backups are backups. They're not jumping from 4th string to starter in one season. If they are, they're certainly not doing it because they kicked a$$ for a couple weeks at the end of the season in practice. Ever cram for an exam and kill it? How well did you retain that knowledge a year later?
Poor example. How about, ever have15 sessions with a tutor on subject matter? Did you improve your knowledge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom