Huggy Bear resigns | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manson was from WV? Met a lot of WV fans, mostly at a Pinstripe and some BETs.

This makes sense and explains a lot.
From Ohio, but spent some of his early childhood in West Virginia

I was thinking something similar about his liver. A 69 year old in as disastrous shape as he appears to be in is probably on a ton of meds that are hepatotoxic when taken with excess alcohol.

It must be a joy being his personal physician.
Not to mention he stopped at Burger King

It makes you wonder how many times the cops in West Virginia have driven Huggins and his car home after an incident like this.

In 2004, the arrest report said the inside of his car door was covered in vomit, this idiot didn't have a couple drinks, he was so wasted he was throwing up on himself and still tried to drive home.

He really should get a jail term for this offense. Dude couldn't pull his car over, and had probably just hit something to flatten his tire.
If you vomit, then the alcohol is now outside your body, not in your belly, so it can’t harm you. You’re all good. That’s (hillbilly) science, son.

If you vomit, then the alcohol is now outside your body, not in your belly, so it can’t harm you. You’re all good. That’s (hillbilly) science, son.
It’s your body reacting to dousing it with poison.

Might just be me but all this is just very very sad. Someone needs to care enough about him to get him serious help - forget basketball - this is about his life and the others who may encounter him while drunk - their lives, their family’s lives , his own family and loved ones. They need him to care about himself, his loved ones more than he cares about drinking. Hope WVU administration decides to care more about him personally to not give a dam about basketball.

Might just be me but all this is just very very sad. Someone needs to care enough about him to get him serious help - forget basketball - this is about his life and the others who may encounter him while drunk - their lives, their family’s lives , his own family and loved ones. They need him to care about himself, his loved ones more than he cares about drinking. Hope WVU administration decides to care more about him personally to not give a dam about basketball.
It appears that sufficient attention/assistance/care has not been given to Huggins’ alcoholism to date. Winning games has been the bottom line at WVU, and - public pressure aside - I don’t expect that to change.

As has been previously stated, I can only imagine the level of damage that Huggins’ body has suffered as a result of his drinking.

Pretty sure the WVU administration decides to fire him , but it’s not because they care about getting him the help he needs.

Alcohol addiction is no joke. And I hope Huggins gets the treatment he needs to overcome this. But my 26 year old cousin was killed by a DWI driver this past summer. I have little sympathy for someone who puts their addiction behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Alcohol addiction is no joke. And I hope Huggins gets the treatment he needs to overcome this. But my 26 year old cousin was killed by a DWI driver this past summer. I have little sympathy for someone who puts their addiction behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Guy should be in jail not behind a bench. F treatment. The treatment should be sobering up in jail.

Seriously...sick of the “good guy” comments. He was obliterated drunk behind a wheel. Could have easily killed someone, screw him.

Seriously though, any chance we reach out to Jesse if huggy is gone? Now is not the time to be holier than thou.

From the WVU board...

If somebody does not use the headline "Huggs career comes to a Swift end" then journalism is indeed dead.

It survived "Headless Body in Topless Bar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors