Huggy Bear resigns | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
My “come to Jesus moment” regarding drunken driving happened when I was doing graduate work.

I must have been 23 and one night I was driving back from campus to my parents’ house. I had way too many drinks that night with friends at a bar on Wescott St….Lee’s I think it was called? Can’t remember. I hopped off I-690 and headed up Thompson Rd in my ‘66 Mustang. I floored it and as I passed what was then Bristol Laboratories, I looked at my speedometer and realized I was doing 110 mph.

What struck my ETOH (for you chemists out there)- addled brain was not that I could have gotten arrested or even killed. What hit me was the idea that I could kill someone else. Maybe even a whole family and their children.

I immediately slowed down and have never driven drunk since. I have driven after a beer or a glass of wine, but never again driven while feeling the effects of alcohol.

Sometimes, great life lessons happen in the midst of doing and surviving something stupid.

That's what worries me about accidents. I'd much rather be the one injured than to think I hurt somebody else.

Some years back, I was pulling out of a parking space at a mall between two larger vehicles when a car suddenly appeared from the left. I jammed on the breaks - and missed. I T-boned the passing car. Then the driver, a mother, got several little kids out of the car and my heart sunk. Fortunately, everybody was OK. But what if they weren't?

Manson was from WV? Met a lot of WV fans, mostly at a Pinstripe and some BETs.

This makes sense and explains a lot.

So "The Express" was right?

Which player you gonna pull the schools from since they are all signed?
Where there's a will there's a way. Yes, Jesse didn't handle leaving well, but I can forgive and move on - Jesse backed up by McLeod. When was the last time we had 2 guys who could legitimately hold down 40 minutes at center so we don't have forwards playing out of position or rely on a 10 minutes 5 fouls not ready center? If Jesse comes back we are top 10 in the country and legitimate championship contender.

Where there's a will there's a way. Yes, Jesse didn't handle leaving well, but I can forgive and move on - Jesse backed up by McLeod. When was the last time we had 2 guys who could legitimately hold down 40 minutes at center so we don't have forwards playing out of position or rely on a 10 minutes 5 fouls not ready center? If Jesse comes back we are top 10 in the country and legitimate championship contender.

Again, which player who has already signed on the dotted line do you ask to unsign and leave? Not a good look if the player is even willing to do it.

If Huggins is serious about getting healthy, we will know when he drops 100 pounds. Otherwise, he’s still pounding down the alcohol.

Peter Carey? I'm kidding, that would be mean. But no seriously, Peter Carey.

He could refuse. SU and the player are locked in. Sure they could ask but……

Again, which player who has already signed on the dotted line do you ask to unsign and leave? Not a good look if the player is even willing to do it.
They could get creative and pull Patterson's scholarship for a year and have him get financial aid, grants and non athletic scholarships.

They could get creative and pull Patterson's scholarship for a year and have him get financial aid, grants and non athletic scholarships.
Also, they could announce Jesse's back and wait to see if someone is impatient with the logjam at center this year and ask to leave.

Last edited:
Why would Jesse—or Carey or whoever is designated as the +1—need a scholarship? Can‘t he be a walk-on and get NIL to pay for the tuition and board and whatnot?

Not suggesting this, as it kinda screws over a player and Jesse would expect less PT than he can get elsewhere, but the concept of scholarship limits—isn’t that ‘done’ (as a barrier to limiting roster size) now?

they would never ask. He isn't coming back and nor should they let him.
Jesse Edwards right now

What Have I Done Oops GIF by Film Riot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online