Hunt is starting Saturday... | Syracusefan.com

Hunt is starting Saturday...

Well deserved. The team fights for him, it's obvious to see.

I admit, I do feel bad for Drew Allen - on the level that he seems like a good kid, and he showed flashes but just never appeared totally comfortable.

With that said, very well deserved for Terrel, and hopefully he can hang onto it and lead us to a bowl game...and yes, I'm saying that in large part because his very good friend Thomas Holley is our most important recruit still undecided.

I don't know why, but the entire situation reminds me of this...
tumblr_m8m0a8Ozdx1qhj7tyo1_500.jpg

I admit, I do feel bad for Drew Allen - on the level that he seems like a good kid, and he showed flashes but just never appeared totally comfortable.

With that said, very well deserved for Terrel, and hopefully he can hang onto it and lead us to a bowl game...and yes, I'm saying that in large part because his very good friend Thomas Holley is our most important recruit still undecided.

Same here. You have to feel bad for a kid who obviously has worked hard, but still hasn't found the success he wants most. Someone would have to be a heartless boob (can I say boob on here?) to not feel sorry for the kid. The fact is, there are nine or ten games to go. He may still have a role. Maybe a small role, maybe a very big role. No one knows. I hope the kid has the resolve to keep working hard and be a positive influence on this team.

Lets hope he shreds Tulane like he did Wagner, build some momentum for a hopefully sold out saturday night, primetime loud house, which I will be in attendance with my group of 15 heading up for homecoming

LOL that Shafer had to look at the tapes first. Was there a question that it was not actually Hunt out there who scored all of those touchdowns??? What did he expect to see?
Anyways great news, and certainly not unexpected.

Same here. You have to feel bad for a kid who obviously has worked hard, but still hasn't found the success he wants most. Someone would have to be a heartless boob (can I say boob on here?) to not feel sorry for the kid. The fact is, there are nine or ten games to go. He may still have a role. Maybe a small role, maybe a very big role. No one knows. I hope the kid has the resolve to keep working hard and be a positive influence on this team.
At least he got two starts against big 10 teams in his career - unlike the other 5th year senior QB on the team who's in the same situation. Feel bad for both of them - but feel better for Hunt after all he's been through already in life.

Shafer is smart to announce it today. Now the local media won't be writing the same story all week. He's stolen the narrative. Very much the right call.

I am glad Coach Shafer made this decision. Hopefully, Hunt leads us to a huge lead again and Allen can get some PT in the 2nd half again.

LOL that Shafer had to look at the tapes first. Was there a question that it was not actually Hunt out there who scored all of those touchdowns??? What did he expect to see?

Why are you LOL? It was absolutely the right thing to say after the game. No good coach would have played it any differently.

Obviously saying he had to look at the tapes was coachspeak - he's got more class than to announce shortly after the game that Drew Allen's career as a starter is effectively over.

He's starting because he should be. He should've been starting from Day 1. Program kid, 2 more years to go even better than that.

You do feel bad for Allen. The kid has talent and may even be a good pro someday. However, he's thrown in to a new school and team with a brand new coaching staff and has to adjust all in a few months. Tough to do. Drew seems like a good kid that I will pull for. However, it is clear to see that Hunt is the QB that needs to lead this team. And who knows, we may need Allen to step up big for us at some point this year.

You do feel bad for Allen. The kid has talent and may even be a good pro someday. However, he's thrown in to a new school and team with a brand new coaching staff and has to adjust all in a few months. Tough to do. Drew seems like a good kid that I will pull for. However, it is clear to see that Hunt is the QB that needs to lead this team. And who knows, we may need Allen to step up big for us at some point this year.

tumblr_ls9dp4N9fX1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Situation seems similar to Matt Flynn getting beaten out by Wilson in Seattle and then again by Pryor in Oakland. Unless you are a superior throwing talent, a mobile QB will win out because of the running threat so necessary in today's game...
Just a shame, that one of the progenitors of mobile athletic QBs(McPherson, Graves, McNabb, et al), should not be on the top of every dual threat QB's top 5 list...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom