Hunt is starting Saturday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hunt is starting Saturday...

You do feel bad for Allen. The kid has talent and may even be a good pro someday. However, he's thrown in to a new school and team with a brand new coaching staff and has to adjust all in a few months. Tough to do. Drew seems like a good kid that I will pull for. However, it is clear to see that Hunt is the QB that needs to lead this team. And who knows, we may need Allen to step up big for us at some point this year.
I feel good for Allen in that he got his shot. He could not have asked for more than that. I hope, no matter what, he remains a team player and does everything the coaches ask him to do. I am happy for Hunt as he has earned a start. I hope he plays well but I am not going overboard thinking he will continue to look like he looked so far. We'll see but it was Wagner so all bets are off.

Last edited:
I feel food for Allen in that he got his shot. He could not have asked for more than that. I hope, no matter what, he remains a team player and does everything the coaches ask him to do. I am happy for Hunt as he has earned a start. I hope he plays well but I am not going overboard thinking he will continue to look like he looked so far. We'll see but it was Wagner so all bets are off.
Drew had 3 early series...series, not plays against Wagner and he result was -1 net yard.

I do feel bad for the young man from the perspective of being a father and that he is a 23 year old kid in a very trying situation for anyone. I hope he continues to grow as a young man and as a football player, he may be called upon before too long.

Hope fully Hunts career at Syracuse is half as good as the guy who took over for Wally Pipp.

tumblr_ls9dp4N9fX1r3v6f2o1_500.gif
Flagged for Big Bang Theory. Appalling show.

Does anyone else find it interesting that HCSS chose to divulge this to Matt Park and not any of the P-S reporters? Am I reading too much into this?

Great for Hunt. Offers way more than Allen.

Undoubtedly feel bad for Allen. Kid worked hard and had his shot. Unfortunately, this is not a fairy tale. It is real life and Hunt is better.

And maybe more importantly, it seems the team believes in him.

Hope fully Hunts career at Syracuse is half as good as the guy who took over for Wally Pipp.

The year before he got hurt Wally Pipp hit .295, had an OPS of 808, had 174 hits, 19 triples, 9 HRs, 114 RBI and 12 steals.

If we had that kind of equivalent production at QB I'd never go looking for a replacement!

:)

LOL that Shafer had to look at the tapes first. Was there a question that it was not actually Hunt out there who scored all of those touchdowns??? What did he expect to see?
Anyways great news, and certainly not unexpected.

You missed the point entirely. He was trying to let some time pass so as to be as considerate as possible to Drew. HCSS is a players coach. He doesn't like to have to make that decision but he is a good coach and he made it.

And even more importantly, if Hunt keeps progressing, we've got an experienced QB for next season. Plus Wilson, Kimble and Long. Wow.

Great Point.

I still wonder what would have happened if Zach Allen would have stayed committed. Do we even bring in Zach Allen? (If we do) Is he second in line behind Zach? Is he redshirting? Could he possibly even be starting right now? Does Hunt still come through and eventually start?

More than likely we probably overrated him and he would be in the same position Wilson and Kimble are in.

Great Point.

I still wonder what would have happened if Zach Allen would have stayed committed. Do we even bring in Zach Allen? (If we do) Is he second in line behind Zach? Is he redshirting? Could he possibly even be starting right now? Does Hunt still come through and eventually start?

More than likely we probably overrated him and he would be in the same position Wilson and Kimble are in.

Austin Wilson would have beaten Zach like a drum.

Austin Wilson would have beaten Zach like a drum.
Kimble has the perfect skill set for GM's offense. He is the best athlete of all the QB's .

Can you imagine if it was announced that Hunt wasn't starting? It would be an ugly scene in that Carrier Dome Saturday.

Legally, this doesn't qualify as a broken promise.

To all of you who criticized me about lol at the coach for looking at the tapes. I understand when he said that right after the game, but he said it again today when he made the announcement. I don't think he had to say that he had to go back over the weekend and look at the tapes before he made a decision. He didn't have to say that again. I think it sounded like he wasn't aware of what happened in the game. He already did the PC thing after the game.

Great Point.

So many Zachs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To all of you who criticized me about lol at the coach for looking at the tapes. I understand when he said that right after the game, but he said it again today when he made the announcement. I don't think he had to say that he had to go back over the weekend and look at the tapes before he made a decision. He didn't have to say that again. I think it sounded like he wasn't aware of what happened in the game. He already did the PC thing after the game.
Linda, you're right about him having to watch the tape. I think Scott wanted to lay down as much cover for one of his players as he could.
Guy is willing to have people question him as long as it deflects attention from the players.
You certainly have proven yourself to be a strong poster so I'm not coming at you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

You missed the point entirely. He was trying to let some time pass so as to be as considerate as possible to Drew. HCSS is a players coach. He doesn't like to have to make that decision but he is a good coach and he made it.
Correct. It is a tough situation benching someone. Much better to let the player know first instead of letting them find out reading an article in the press.

Shafer handled this correctly.

Great Point.

That's what I wonder about, would ZA have been better than Wilson or Kimble...I'm not so sure.

I admit, I do feel bad for Drew Allen - on the level that he seems like a good kid, and he showed flashes but just never appeared totally comfortable.

With that said, very well deserved for Terrel, and hopefully he can hang onto it and lead us to a bowl game...and yes, I'm saying that in large part because his very good friend Thomas Holley is our most important recruit still undecided.

Uh oh, remember where "flashes" got us before? Let's pass on the Little-Engine-That-Could, please.

Allen had a very nice tweet I saw last night congratulating Hunt on getting the starting QB job. Nice to see the good sportsmanship exhibited in such a visible way. I think they do push each other. Allen definitely showed more after he came back into the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom