I’ll be that guy | Syracusefan.com

I’ll be that guy

Whatever, they wanted to get Tucker back on track by getting him a record. Can't we all understand that? Was it a risk, of course, but the kids wanted it. It was right there, once he had the scare, they got it straightened out. No big deal, in my opinion.

It seems with FBS coaches it’s a thing . Not just with us , coaches always seem to leave starters in longer then needed.

Whatever, they wanted to get Tucker back on track by getting him a record. Can't we all understand that? Was it a risk, of course, but the kids wanted it. It was right there, once he had the scare, they got it straightened out. No big deal, in my opinion.
It's a really big deal. Because it goes to just dumb thinking by our Head Coach. Somewhere along the lines, a decision like that will hurt us badly. Dino says in one breathe we have lost 5 guys in 5 games. So you are worried about that? And you play your starters in a game you have a 48 pt lead? It makes zero sense.

Nothing good comes from chasing records and padding stats in the second half against an inferior opponent. He agrees to play 10 minute quarters in the second half because he doesn’t want anyone else injured and he plays his starters. It makes no frigging sense. We start a gantlet of hard games where our chance to win goes down significantly if we lose Tucker.

It's a really big deal. Because it goes to just dumb thinking by our Head Coach. Somewhere along the lines, a decision like that will hurt us badly. Dino says in one breathe we have lost 5 guys in 5 games. So you are worried about that? And you play your starters in a game you have a 48 pt lead? It makes zero sense.
I hear you, but you have to balance a player's legacy. It isn't as easy as just considering the team. Tucker hasn't had the year we all expected. He needed only 20 yards to have a record that has stood for 40+ years. Was it a risk, of course, but it didn't seem like much of a risk prior to the scare. So, deciding to go for the record doesn't seem like that big of a deal prior to the scare, after the scare it seems like the dumbest decision ever.

Nothing good comes from chasing records and padding stats in the second half against an inferior opponent. He agrees to play 10 minute quarters in the second half because he doesn’t want anyone else injured and he plays his starters. It makes no frigging sense. We start a gantlet of hard games where are chance to win goes down significantly if we lose Tucker.
Of course, we know that. But, you and I don't have to deal with the egos of these young men in the locker room. Was it foolish, yes. Do I get it, yes.

Tucker needed 25 yards to break Joe Morris’s single game scoring record. He probably won’t get another chance.

Who are the 5 guys? I count rhino, Thompson, Lockett, and jaquez.

Tucker needed 25 yards to break Joe Morris’s single game scoring record. He probably won’t get another chance.
Exactly. Do it against Wagner in the second half in front of tens or do against NC State in front of tens of thousands.

Dinos not the a very good decision maker. This was an excellent opportunity to get Carlos, the Rbs and the rest of the reserves much needed experience. These kids bust their butts all year and instead of building depth and giving his
"Underbelly " valuable game reps he risk his star player and other starters up 48 to zip.
I dont think hes stupid but hes certainly not the brightest bulb in the lamp. Ridiculous decision on his part.
Meathead squared.

Dinos not the a very good decision maker. This was an excellent opportunity to get Carlos, the Rbs and the rest of the reserves much needed experience. These kids bust their butts all year and instead of building depth and giving his
"Underbelly " valuable game reps he risk his star player and other starters up 48 to zip.
I dont think hes stupid but hes certainly not the brightest bulb in the lamp. Ridiculous decision on his part.
Meathead squared.
The only guy that had a significant injury was a 3rd stringer. Should they have mercy ruled the whole second half?

The poor decision maker is 5-0. with two weeks to get ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom