I’ll be that guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’ll be that guy

The only guy that had a significant injury was a 3rd stringer. Should they have mercy ruled the whole second half?

The poor decision maker is 5-0. with two weeks to get ready.
Playing the starters up 48 zip against a team that has lost 24 straight games risking your starters is in your opinion a smart move. Seriously.
Question, how was the steak tar tar?

Playing the starters up 48 zip against a team that has lost 24 straight games risking your starters is in your opinion a smart move. Seriously.
Question, how was the steak tar tar?
You were worried about multiple significant injuries

it didn’t happen

‘’from a risk avoidance perspective, net zero

sure it’s legit to hand wring over it, but when the risk is retired, celebrate

The only guy that had a significant injury was a 3rd stringer. Should they have mercy ruled the whole second half?

The poor decision maker is 5-0. with two weeks to get ready.
10 minutes more would have gotten those 3rd stringers more reps too. At worst, a third stringer gets injured. At best, they get more reps and more prepared. Weird move.

10 minutes more would have gotten those 3rd stringers more reps too. At worst, a third stringer gets injured. At best, they get more reps and more prepared. Weird move.
Are you questioning shortening the game?

I think most people are also ignoring that almost every coach in the country would have put the starters back out after the half for one more drive or even more

check out
mich-uconn 38-0 at the half
ala-utah st 41-0 at the half..

starters stayed in..

I think most people are also ignoring that almost every coach in the country would have put the starters back out after the half for one more drive or even more

check out
mich-uconn 38-0 at the half
ala-utah st 41-0 at the half..

starters stayed in..
Yup, and Dino said exactly this when asked about it in the post game. Also GS even admitted they were trying to break “records”, obviously inferring they were going after the single game rushing record for Tuck.

I personally wanted to see Sean get it so I’m not going to do the 20/20 hindsight thing. Sean seems fine.

Yes. The game is 60 minutes. Unless Wagner's team literally had nobody else left, there's always something to be gained. I don't care what the score is.

I'm not a fan of the decision, but there is also something to be said for the starters having the experience of making halftime adjustments and then implementing with the first series on O and D.
49-0 ! What sort of adjustments were done? Stay in bounds every run to burn even more clock? Bozo comment (not you, from Dino) about adjustments. TF you adjusting? Changing the snap count? Seeing if Schrader can throw left handed?

Dinos not the a very good decision maker. This was an excellent opportunity to get Carlos, the Rbs and the rest of the reserves much needed experience. These kids bust their butts all year and instead of building depth and giving his
"Underbelly " valuable game reps he risk his star player and other starters up 48 to zip.
I dont think hes stupid but hes certainly not the brightest bulb in the lamp. Ridiculous decision on his part.
Meathead squared.
Ultimate armchair quarterback take. Like many in this thread.

49-0 ! What sort of adjustments were done? Stay in bounds every run to burn even more clock? Bozo comment (not you, from Dino) about adjustments. TF you adjusting? Changing the snap count? Seeing if Schrader can throw left handed?
They overthink this stuff, then have to try to make it sound like they weren't morons.

Would be a great question for the next coaches show. "So Coach, I hear you kept Tucker and Shrader in the game to see how they implement the halftime adjustments. What exactly were the halftime adjustments from a 49-0 halftime lead?

Last edited:
I'm on team Dino, and 5-0 is something we should all treasure because of how little it has ever happened.

But this game was such a mismatch that you just agreed to do 10 minute quarters in the 2nd half.

There shouldn't have been any starters in the game. Let Wagner just get out of there, no need to show them up, and kinda ridiculous to use that game to break records.

Just my opinion.

But whatever, two weeks now to prepare for NC State. Who we can beat.

This whole thread is fluff IMO. First year of a new OC with a new system, of freaking course you get the starters reps, especially if you’re installing new run game concepts in game 5.

I notice that the angst seems to be around the offense. Are we only concerned about players on that side?

Back in the McPherson/Philcox/Graves days I don’t remember such a concern over injuries. Players were expected to make it through the season. Why are folks so hysterically nervous now?

“Get the backups some experience.” Sure… but what if it won’t make a difference this year, in the coaches’ estimation? Then throw them out as cannon fodder, you say. Then why schedule the freaking game in the first place?

Some folks just need something to complain about.

Back in the McPherson/Philcox/Graves days I don’t remember such a concern over injuries. Players were expected to make it through the season. Why are folks so hysterically nervous now?
Because we are smarter now and realize that health is a significant predictor of success.
Then why schedule the freaking game in the first place?
I would not schedule a bottom of the barrel FCS team in week 5. It feels like NFL teams scheduling preseason games in the middle of the season. No NFL coaches would play their stars in that silly hypothetical.

Because we are smarter now and realize that health is a significant predictor of success.

I would not schedule a bottom of the barrel FCS team in week 5. It feels like NFL teams scheduling preseason games in the middle of the season. No NFL coaches would play their stars in that silly hypothetical.
And we have had some experience with injuries burning us in games in more recent years. Also we may have had more depth in the 1987 surrounding years. If you know you only have young backups then you want to protect your starters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom