I am hearing BC is gone... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing BC is gone...

Feeling amoungst friend/family is that announcement should come next week. Everyone is scrambling and it is understood time is off the essence, lest another conference make a move and screw things up. Not saying BC gets another offer (they won't), but Big Ten can't afford to let ACC make a big move, thus giving BC cold feet.

Feeling amoungst friend/family is that announcement should come next week. Everyone is scrambling and it is understood time is off the essence, lest another conference make a move and screw things up. Not saying BC gets another offer (they won't), but Big Ten can't afford to let ACC make a big move, thus giving BC cold feet.

Well now you've gone and tipped Swofford off! Way to go!

Did you tweet that to Axe today?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Didn't the Cedar Rapids Gazette dude say the B1G would go after UVA and BC next. If BC is gone and UVA goes with them I see this as a good thing for the ACC. UNC wouldn't have a seat in the B1G and they won't go to the SEC or Big XII and the ACC would be down to 11 teams. Getting UConn, Louisville, and 1 other and the conference is saved.

I think Colgate is deserving of an upgrade. I had fun there. I do think it's not a bad thing that we're pivotal to both the B1G and ACC's plans for the northeast. I'm very comfortable with our value to either/both, however it works out. Either way our positioning is good.

Would BC really want to be seen as the Gold Digger of Universities. To bolt for the ACC then the Big G in 8 years seems a little much.

Would BC really want to be seen as the Gold Digger of Universities. To bolt for the ACC then the Big G in 8 years seems a little much.

Syracuse and Pitt would do the same thing right now, and we haven't even had our cherry popped in the ACC yet.

If BC is indeed #15 you have to think that ND is #16 with SU in the on deck circle should they pass.

I am BC law school alum, and literally just got off the phone with somebody I trust with connections to the BC Athletic Dept. and BC is not expected to bolt, but have made overtures to the B1G, but that the B1G has other plans right now. Which means if ND would come aboard may BC would as well. However, an invitation is not imminent. I doubt this thread is anything more than the Hokies thread discussing VPI to the SEC. Hockey is actually something that helps BC I was told with the B1G hockey conference and more winter programming for the BTN.

Wait BC is going to pay the 50m exit fee? You guys keep forgetting this tiny issue with all ACC schools. They have to come up with 50m or be subjected to a lengthy lawsuit with the ACC. I'm not sure anyone is getting out of the ACC without coming up with major cash. That's a ring fence until someone shows me the actual contract and/or someone beats it with a settlement.

BC isn't going anywhere if you ask me. They do just fine in Hockey East in a league with BU/Northeastern/UNH. Those are their rivals in hockey. Not Michigan, State, et al.

Wait BC is going to pay the 50m exit fee? You guys keep forgetting this tiny issue with all ACC schools. They have to come up with 50m or be subjected to a lengthy lawsuit with the ACC. I'm not sure anyone is getting out of the ACC without coming up with major cash. That's a ring fence until someone shows me the actual contract and/or someone beats it with a settlement.

BC isn't going anywhere if you ask me. They do just fine in Hockey East in a league with BU/Northeastern/UNH. Those are their rivals in hockey. Not Michigan, State, et al.

That's right, I forgot how it stopped Maryland.

Oh no, wait, it didn't...

Oh what the heck, here is what I think should happen.

Every major program that is not already in the Pac 12 should join the Big Ten.

That would really up the TV rights.

At this point, I don't care anymore. As this nonsense continues, I find myself less and less interested in college athletics.

Well if it has to be in a contiguous state, that means that there has to be a NY team. Unless the B1G is throwing that out the window.
Stony Brook!

BC isn't the next domino, its Florida State/Clemson to the Big XII or one of UVA or UNC to the B1G.

Lets see:

1) BC is a small private school
2) BC is not an AAU research university
3) BC is apparently the key to Big 10 plans since "time is of the essence" and there is concern "another conference will make a move" even though you believe BC won't get another offer
4) The Big 10 schools have all signed on to this: it's a done deal
5) no clue who a logical team 16 would be
6) BC has been struggling to complete in the ACC but now with SU, Pitt and ND joining the ACC ( and perhaps even nearby UConn), BC is going to leave a conference with 5 other private schools and several top ranked mid-size Universities to join up with Iowa and company
7) all this is coming from some "boosters" who have been entrusted with this extremely sensitive information (where "time is of the essence") and are sharing it with you so you can inform the world via your post (now on csnbbs by the way: http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=601169 (corrected)

All this is happening by 11/30.

Just another day at SUfan.com.

Alsacs -- Are you related to that UPitt guy on the Georgia Tech Scout forum?

I am not a BC booster, but they aren't Maryland. Maryland is a State school who matters in Baltimore and who's campus is 15 miles from Washington D.C. they bring value to the B1G. BC was 30-11 in my 3 years of law school and the stadium wasn't full. BC was #2 in the country in October 2007 and still didn't a get a dent of coverage on EEI or in the local papers. Of course the Sox were in the World Series and the Pats were undefeated, but BC was irrelevant. The only chance BC has to get into the B1G is if ND comes aboard and they demand BC as 16.

The only school in the ACC that MIGHT be more expendable than BC is Wake.

Alsacs -- Are you related to that UPitt guy on the Georgia Tech Scout forum?
No, lol I honestly have avoided other boards since the news has hit as I am depressed what is he saying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom