I am hearing BC is gone... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I am hearing BC is gone...

I am not a BC booster, but they aren't Maryland. Maryland is a State school who matters in Baltimore and who's campus is 15 miles from Washington D.C. they bring value to the B1G. BC was 30-11 in my 3 years of law school and the stadium wasn't full. BC was #2 in the country in October 2007 and still didn't a get a dent of coverage on EEI or in the local papers. Of course the Sox were in the World Series and the Pats were undefeated, but BC was irrelevant. The only chance BC has to get into the B1G is if ND comes aboard and they demand BC as 16.
Sounds like Rutgers.

I am not a BC booster, but they aren't Maryland. Maryland is a State school who matters in Baltimore and who's campus is 15 miles from Washington D.C. they bring value to the B1G. BC was 30-11 in my 3 years of law school and the stadium wasn't full. BC was #2 in the country in October 2007 and still didn't a get a dent of coverage on EEI or in the local papers. Of course the Sox were in the World Series and the Pats were undefeated, but BC was irrelevant. The only chance BC has to get into the B1G is if ND comes aboard and they demand BC as 16.

I don't know if any BC rumor is true or not. But I know that with the goal the B10 now seems to have, it doesn't matter if BC is good, bad, relevant or have people in Boston care. It is only the number of TV sets in the DMA. Boston, NYC, DC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Seems to be like if the Big 10 wants to fill up spots with the likes of Maryland, Rutgers and BC...the ACC would still look pretty good in a "left overs" scenario.

If we hear News Corp is looking to buy NESN then I will believe BC, and honestly with John Henry's cash flow problems now that he lost over 1 BILLION dollars in investments News Corp could make a play at NESN and look to get the BTN on in NE thru owning NESN like they did with YES. George Steinbrenner would never have sold the cash cow that is YES, as owning the network is what allows them to pay themselves what they want to broadcast the Yankee games and keep less revenue out of MLB's revenue sharing plan. The younger Steinbrenners' aren't chips off the father's block. I agree its about TV sets, but having BC in NE hasn't expanded the ACC brand and they get FSU and Clemson each year up there in Chestnut Hill. I really don't believe this one. but anything is possible.

No, lol I honestly have avoided other boards since the news has hit as I am depressed what is he saying?

He is depressed. He is also bipolar/manic-depressive. The GT folks keep talking him down off the ledge but there's now a contingent who have begun calling for him to jump. Keep a grip Alsacs. You've gor to fight the good fight. Or at least cheer on those who are doing the fighting.

He is depressed. He is also bipolar/manic-depressive. The GT folks keep talking him down off the ledge but there's now a contingent who have begun calling for him to jump. Keep a grip Alsacs. You've gor to fight the good fight. Or at least cheer on those who are doing the fighting.
I appreciate those on here who are fighting the good fight, but I am straight shooter when I see stuff that isn't realisitc I say what I see. I know we are a national brand and have some cache, and won't end up in a C-USA type conference, but I just can't let people say the B1G is interested in us when we aren't a target. I want ESPN/Disney to step up its commitment to the ACC and keep the conference relevant or lookout for the ACC. The B1G has basically flipped ESPN the bird and told them they aren't getting their tier 1 rights. Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp wouldn't do the B1G's dirty work for the BTN unless they had back channel assurances. Thus, ESPN needs to protect the one network they own exclusive control over. Atleast we won't have boring noon games on ESPN and ESPN of Minnesota-Northwestern or Iowa-Illinois in a couple of years.

Lunacy.

The B1G will develop the cannon fodder division at this rate. couchburn

I don't believe the BC rumors, but at this point, I think I'd be crazy to outright reject them. I still think UVA and UNC are next on the list, but if the Big Ten thinks it has a way to get Notre Dame, then perhaps it might still go that route.

Lunacy.

The B1G will develop the cannon fodder division at this rate. couchburn

There's a metaphor here, who the Big 10 targets, the state of this country. Big ol' bailout.

If you are an ACC member, who would like to stay in a meaningful ACC, then hearing BC is next is music to your ears.

VA schools, NC schools, FL schools, GT, Clemson all secure? So far so good.

UNC leaving the ACC is like a practicing whatever you are leaving that religion in the dead of night. If that happens I am done with all of this.

I don't know if any BC rumor is true or not. But I know that with the goal the B10 now seems to have, it doesn't matter if BC is good, bad, relevant or have people in Boston care. It is only the number of TV sets in the DMA. Boston, NYC, DC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
This should not be a shock either. The inventory is solid, get the eyeballs.

Only good news about BC, is that I doubt nd is still a play, it would be Syracuse for 16.

An eastern wall of penn st, Syracuse, BC, Maryland, rutgers is impressive. Add Ohio St, Wisconsin and Illinois and that's your Leaders.

1 can dream...

This should not be a shock either. The inventory is solid, get the eyeballs.

Only good news about BC, is that I doubt nd is still a play, it would be Syracuse for 16.

An eastern wall of penn st, Syracuse, BC, Maryland, rutgers is impressive. Add Ohio St, Wisconsin and Illinois and that's your Leaders.

1 can dream...

If that happens, sucks to be Pitt. Used to be a good thing to have an in state rival. In this era of expansion, it makes you a non starter.

Big 10 could take Umass and they'd be better than BC in football in 5 years

Figured this would be the next chip to fall...

Sure. Yep. Right.

Let's have some fun and let it happen. Go ahead. Big XVI gets all those DMAs...and the ratings suck @ss and the paid cable TV model blows up. Major backlash.

Honestly, I really am not that worried. We have a strong brand and marketable product. Football team getting to a bowl this year is a relief and if we can assert our dominance in hoops and lax, let the games play out. I like our product in the oh-so-coveted arms race. Biggest fear is losing Gross in all this, especially as a new chancellor will be in in less than two years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom