I blame all of this on the shorts the team wore for the BC game… | Syracusefan.com

I blame all of this on the shorts the team wore for the BC game…

I blame it on playing in Maui. In those 3 years, with 3 Maui titles, we have 1 NCAA win, which was this year against WMU. 90-91 was the dreaded Richmond loss.

And UConn now has 2 titles in those years (98-99 was the other).

Who's idea was it to go with the opposite color shorts anyway? The orange with orange would have been fine.

Definitely was the shorts, and we all knew that blue shorts were going to lead to the end of our season. It was the talk at the time, and it proved to be true. So no more blue for Syracuse football, or basketball!!!! We are the ORANGE!!

Definitely was the shorts, and we all knew that blue shorts were going to lead to the end of our season. It was the talk at the time, and it proved to be true. So no more blue for Syracuse football, or basketball!!!! We are the ORANGE!!
We are the OrangeMEN of Syracuse, as Doug Logan used to say.

Either that, or some ornery priest hexed Cooney after the Notre Dame game.
I saw those digs & my initial reaction was to tell my wife I didn't want to watch the game! What can you really say that isn't negative? The players returning from this team should quarantine those things & opt to lose them in a spring bonfire.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the wonderful admins of the SUAD cut down the nets after a regular season win to auction them off...all to make a couple thousand dollars.

I was on vacation, and didn't have my lucky hat for the BC game. I also missed the first half of the game because I was out to dinner with family (only SU basketball I missed this year). Sorry, it really is all my fault.

Says the blue shorts, "I'm just a patsie!"

I blame it on playing in Maui. In those 3 years, with 3 Maui titles, we have 1 NCAA win, which was this year against WMU. 90-91 was the dreaded Richmond loss.

And UConn now has 2 titles in those years (98-99 was the other).
I think your facts are wrong. We made it to the Sweet 16 in the other two years. In 1990 lost to Minnesota in Sweet 16 and in 1998 lost to Dook in Sweet 16.

I agree what you are saying and I had said this is another post a few weeks back but maybe we need to stop going to Maui.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom