I Can't Stand Cooney... | Syracusefan.com

I Can't Stand Cooney...

newmexicuse

All Conference
playing all 40 minutes & getting no rest even when he is in the middle of 10 straight misses.

Totally on the Coach.

Does Jimmy really believe that Trevor brings so much to the court when he isn't making shots that he can't be sat down for a couple of minutes to get his legs & settle down ????

Has Jimmy ever heard of taking a step back (if it even is a step back) so that you can take two steps forward ????

I felt that JB coached a very poor game yesterday. There was no excuse not to take the air out of the ball with 4 minutes to go in the half. He completely let them back in the game. As to Trevor i have no idea why he didnt give him a rest. 2 to 4 minutes at a time would allow him to get some coaching and reset. Sometimes taking a shooter who is cold out of a game is what is needed and trevor was off last night. Not Jims best coaching night for sure.

Honestly we don't have the bodies to give TC a blow. I agree with the point but we can't play Joseph and Patterson together we would have 5 defenders in the paint.
The only way to give Cooney a blow would be to play G-Joseph-Johnson-Roberson-Christmas.
I just hope next year JB doesn't play TC 40 a game.

part of me actually thinks he wants Cooney to get the ACC record

Honestly we don't have the bodies to give TC a blow. I agree with the point but we can't play Joseph and Patterson together we would have 5 defenders in the paint.
The only way to give Cooney a blow would be to play G-Joseph-Johnson-Roberson-Christmas.
No way TC plays this much next year.

I felt that JB coached a very poor game yesterday. There was no excuse not to take the air out of the ball with 4 minutes to go in the half.

I think it was more like the players inability to pick up 3-pt shooters in transisition that allowed Duke to draw even just beore halftime.

I think it was more like the players inability to pick up 3-pt shooters in transisition that allowed Duke to draw even just beore halftime.

Because they were tired?

Loved the one timeout before the half where JB lit up Kaleb for giving up the three point shot even though he was THE ONLY guy on his side. It was one of the plays where Roberson was too tired to get back. Yeah Jim, blame the 6 foot guard for being unable to defend an entire side of the zone.

Because they were tired?

Loved the one timeout before the half where JB lit up Kaleb for giving up the three point shot even though he was THE ONLY guy on his side. It was one of the plays where Roberson was too tired to get back. Yeah Jim, blame the 6 foot guard for being unable to defend an entire side of the zone.

G and Roberson were on the same side of the zone for THREE POSSESSIONS.

In that stretch, duke scored 3 threes. Huge plays in the game and I don't think a lot of people are mentioning it. Completely not kaleb's fault.

Because they were tired?

I noticed that one too. At first I was mad Kaleb until I noticed that the bottom of the zone was nowhere to be found. The Duke players could just toy with Joseph at that point.

G and Roberson were on the same side of the zone for THREE POSSESSIONS.

In that stretch, duke scored 3 threes. Huge plays in the game and I don't think a lot of people are mentioning it. Completely not kaleb's fault.

What do you think the chances are that JB looks at the tape and apologizes to Kaleb for berating him so badly on that one?

I noticed that one too. At first I was mad Kaleb until I noticed that the bottom of the zone was nowhere to be found. The Duke players could just toy with Joseph at that point.

Exactly what they did.

What do you think the chances are that JB looks at the tape and apologizes to Kaleb for berating him so badly on that one?

An entire 3-4 possession stretch of the first half we had an entire side of the zone wide open because our wings were on the same side. This led to at least 6-9 duke points. You want to find a big difference in the game? That's it.

It's poor communication and also recognition by the coaching staff.

That was one of the more the odd sequences I've seen in our history. It was definitely two possessions, but I think three as well where there was no forwards on the back side of the zone behind Joseph and it was a quick 9-0 run for Duke.

I know on one Roberson had fallen down, but I saw him making his way back. Did he at some point just stop coming back on defense or were he and G both playing the Cooney side of the zone for all those possessions?

Someone in the game thread said they thought Kaleb was getting yelled at for something else, for not rotating back after a basket, but I'm 90% sure the play they were referring to was the play where Patterson was pulled and ended up being the reason Joseph ended up back on the floor in the first place. I'd have to rewatch to be sure though.

And then Kaleb got LIT UP on the bench after the barrage of threes.

The first time it happened you were like, "huh, how did that happen." Then it just kept coming back for more. Someone at the game might have had a better perspective on the chaos.

Good post Alsac. G with patterson or G with joseph would be the combos to give Trevor a break.

Why does Cooney have to play over 25 minutes? This year is gone. Let kaleb get more experience and find out what you truly have in Patterson. At this point, W/ L doesn't matter. Increasingly I don't understand JB.

Good post Alsac. G with patterson or G with joseph would be the combos to give Trevor a break.

G is out best point guard. He will be next year too...
But he will be at SF for 40 mins

Based on the thread title I thought Cooney may have sold some tickets to a Duke fan.
seinfeld304_1_46192_96x72_112020061032.jpg

cantstandya !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom