I can't wait until the commitments start dropping... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I can't wait until the commitments start dropping...

Fran also said..."I'm not leaving." I came from poverty and insinuated that he makes enough money here to never have to leave. He said he plans on coaching 10 years and then getting out to be with his daughter. I know that's a lot of coach talk but for some reason...I believe him. He is a guy that says what he believes. That's how he's built and that's his reputation. I know we aren't used to that in CNY.

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

Fran also said..."I'm not leaving." I came from poverty and insinuated that he makes enough money here to never have to leave. He said he plans on coaching 10 years and then getting out to be with his daughter. I know that's a lot of coach talk but for some reason...I believe him. He is a guy that says what he believes. That's how he's built and that's his reputation. I know we aren't used to that in CNY.

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort
well prepare to be crushed when he leaves. Look at it this way, if he build us into something to put us back on map then enjoy the ride and take what you get. He'll leave when he gets a better offer for a bigger job don't get duped.

well prepare to be crushed when he leaves. Look at it this way, if he build us into something to put us back on map then enjoy the ride and take what you get. He'll leave when he gets a better offer for a bigger job don't get duped.
It’s college football. Nobody stays. If they’re successful, they leave. If they’re unsuccessful, they’re shown the door. It’s just the way things are. Shouldn’t keep anyone from wanting a successful coach. To want the opposite is just crazy.

Last edited:
It’s college football. Nobody stays. If they’re successful, they leave. If they’re unsuccessful, they’re shown the door. It’s just the way things are. Shouldn’t want anyone from wanting a successful coach. To want the opposite is just crazy.
Especially considering when he does leave the talent infusion will have been massive, even if we lose a bunch to transfer portal, we will in theory be in a better place than before.

This weekend's visitor list is something we have not seen in probably 30 years

Don't disagree that we need help on the OLine, but getting Wohlabaugh, Ellis (?) and potentially Joe More back combined with how the line played in the power offense in November doesn't make things look quite so dire.
If those guys played 12 vs all being down by the end of game 2, couple more wins?

Don't disagree that we need help on the OLine, but getting Wohlabaugh, Ellis (?) and potentially Joe More back combined with how the line played in the power offense in November doesn't make things look quite so dire.
I think they need someone to push Enrique Cruz. I know he's a board favorite but his stats weren't very good. I know he's talented so maybe a little competition elevates his game.

If all goes well, and FB leaves unexpectedly after 3, I hope the Administration follows the Coach Mac to Coach P formula. Somebody on that staff should be the one to step up to the job.

If we do land these top DLs, I hope we can move to a 4-3 defense. Looks like we will have the bodies up front for it.

It’s college football. Nobody stays. If they’re successful, they leave. If they’re unsuccessful, they’re shown the door. It’s just the way things are. Shouldn’t keep anyone from wanting a successful coach. To want the opposite is just crazy.
Agree. I want success. If we get it on his back and his formula which results in his opportunity to get other offers from nfl or bigger programs. So be it.

It’s funny the other day I made a comment that he could leave in a few years, just reality it is possible. But got blasted for stating what’s obvious in CFB coaching and how transient it is. I guess what a difference a few days makes.

100% he will. They all do. Have a good buddy who is Tulane alumni. Last year Fritz said he wants retire from Tulane in 2030. 11 months later he’s the head coach at Houston and he’s 63 years old. Like you said just enjoy the ride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom