I hate Clemson but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Clemson but...

The Committee based on what I’ve seen didn’t have the top 64 teams in the tournament that’s my feeling

I think the media and the selection committee should apologize to both wake and Pitt after what the conference teams have done in the tournament… could argue Florida State should’ve made it as well.

Crazy that back in January a lot of the experts were saying that the ACC was only deserving of two teams making the dance

I think the media and the selection committee should apologize to both wake and Pitt after what the conference teams have done in the tournament… could argue Florida State should’ve made it as well.

Crazy that back in January a lot of the experts were saying that the ACC was only deserving of two teams making the dance
Seton Hall and St Johns should’ve been in over both of them.

Thought Girard was not very good today, took 3 really bad threes and did not play a good floor game or defense. When he is on he is great, when off hard to watch those really bad threes. Still wish we had him.
But he made the 2 critical FTs at the end to sew it up.

Girard had a good line for that game. He had Baylor's best defender on him most of the game. He missed four 3's but the threat kept his man away from the action the entire game. His defense was great on the perimeter and lousy when he had somebody driving on him. I think he's doing really well.

The Committee based on what I’ve seen didn’t have the top 64 teams in the tournament that’s my feeling
Clearly they didn't watch many games and relied on the flawed metrics. It allows them to deflect any criticism toward said metrics. At least in the old days, they had to explain their decisions.

Girard had a good line for that game. He had Baylor's best defender on him most of the game. He missed four 3's but the threat kept his man away from the action the entire game. His defense was great on the perimeter and lousy when he had somebody driving on him. I think he's doing really well.
I think Joe played fairly well. He only took a couple of questionable heroball shots. They almost cost them, but the rest of the game, he held it in check and allowed their focus on him to open things up for drives by his teammates.

I think Joe played fairly well. He only took a couple of questionable heroball shots. They almost cost them, but the rest of the game, he held it in check and allowed their focus on him to open things up for drives by his teammates.
Three terrible hero shots at bad times almost cost them game. He has been better this year with shot selection

Three terrible hero shots at bad times almost cost them game. He has been better this year with shot selection
Heroball is so much a part of him, it is hard to resist, even with a well coached team. He needs to do better if they are going to go on. They have the potential to win more games, and he is a key cog. But, he has to understand that an off balance or super long three in crunch time with the other team having seized momentum and growing ever closer is seldom successful and usually contributes to the downfall of his team.

Heroball is so much a part of him, it is hard to resist, even with a well coached team. He needs to do better if they are going to go on. They have the potential to win more games, and he is a key cog. But, he has to understand that an off balance or super long three in crunch time with the other team having seized momentum and growing ever closer is seldom successful and usually contributes to the downfall of his team.

I think the heroball stuff is overblown. Off balance 3’s and deep 3’s are a part of his game. I don’t know that getting tight buttholed in crunch time is the way to go either.

I think the heroball stuff is overblown. Off balance 3’s and deep 3’s are a part of his game. I don’t know that getting tight buttholed in crunch time is the way to go either.
Those are not good shots. He knows that.

Those are not good shots. He knows that.

I didn’t watch the game, so I can’t say with any certainty that the shots in question were good or bad. I’m coming at this from the perspective that a shooter of his caliber has a higher bar to clear for a shot to be considered bad. Using the deep 3 example, an open NBA 3 for him is a pretty high percentage shot. A contested NBA 3 would be a bad shot.

They were guarding him closely, he made some great moves to get what the defense was giving him - midrange shots. He was 3 for 4 on them. Handled the ball quite a bit - 3 assists, just 1TO. Like Jay Wright said, Baylor put their 2 best defenders on Hall and Girard, to slow down Clemson’s 2 best offensive weapons and force their other players to beat them- which gave Chase Hunter his time to shine, which he did for them. Nice win!

I didn’t watch the game, so I can’t say with any certainty that the shots in question were good or bad. I’m coming at this from the perspective that a shooter of his caliber has a higher bar to clear for a shot to be considered bad. Using the deep 3 example, an open NBA 3 for him is a pretty high percentage shot. A contested NBA 3 would be a bad shot.
I watched, neither was a good shot. Particularly at that stage of the game. With any player, you take the good with the bad. Joe’s positives far outweigh his negatives.

The biggest takeaway from the tournament is that Lunardi needs to be put on indefinite leave from his job and taken to a mental health facility to be treated for insanity.

Maybe someone is poisoning his toupee?

Just before tip-off when going over the keys to the game, Coach Drew said their key was to shut down Girard. Didn’t mention all-American PJ Hall, they mentioned Joe. Although he only went 1-5 from 3, his mid-range game, assists, ball handling, and his ability to stick his nose in there to get those rebounds at the end were key. Let a guy face-guard him and take your chances playing 4 on 4 might just be their ticket to keep advancing.

I watched, neither was a good shot. Particularly at that stage of the game. With any player, you take the good with the bad. Joe’s positives far outweigh his negatives.
Exactly. Kid has made 99 threes on the season at an over 40% clip, his range is up to 28’. While some shots over the course of an entire game can always be questioned, his ability to hit from deep and that includes early in shot clocks (I know that use to bother the majority on this board, even if they went in) is part of his game. And after being absolutely hounded by superior athletes all night, as soon as he got some space he let it fly, which I’m sure Brownell was fine with.

The biggest takeaway from the tournament is that Lunardi needs to be put on indefinite leave from his job and taken to a mental health facility to be treated for insanity.

Maybe someone is poisoning his toupee?
His bracket score should be posted prominently on sports social media.