I hate Clemson but... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Clemson but...

Not surprised at all. Clemson is experienced, and battle tested. The ACC is better than the media portrayed and fighting week in and week out in this league prepares you for March. Not surprised at all that the ACC teams are having great success.

They are poised for a deep run towards F4. Experienced and old, mostly white dudes, at least 3 super annoying players that are clutch maybe 5, disruptive & smart defense and joe Girard is a winner. Boeheims really hurt his potential. Played out of position with players just like him. Say what you want about JgIII he has that deep down desire to win, ultra competitive and silent infectious swag, a true leader by example. Allow him to grad transfer again back to cuse as our backup QB...jk
You lost me at "white dudes"

I think the heroball stuff is overblown. Off balance 3’s and deep 3’s are a part of his game. I don’t know that getting tight buttholed in crunch time is the way to go either.
He took a bad shot but that 3 would have been a dagger and to be fair their offense was struggling. I say again - he also battles on the boards harder than any player we had not named Maliq.

He and more importantly Hall - has to be better if they want to stay close in the next game, but he has been fine in this tourney.

You mean the not invited tournament. It doesn’t count. You don’t see teams opting out of the real tournament.
It counts to the kids that are playing in it.
Of course it’s not for the Natty, but ball is ball and the players on teams that turned it down are in the gym somewhere hooping as I type this.

Exactly. Kid has made 99 threes on the season at an over 40% clip, his range is up to 28’. While some shots over the course of an entire game can always be questioned, his ability to hit from deep and that includes early in shot clocks (I know that use to bother the majority on this board, even if they went in) is part of his game. And after being absolutely hounded by superior athletes all night, as soon as he got some space he let it fly, which I’m sure Brownell was fine with.
... and who knew he was hitting his free throws at almost 95%.

I think the most underrated part of Clemson is Clark, Godfrey, and Wiggins do EXACTLY what they need to do. They don't take wacky shots or complain or mope. They rebound, defend, and make shots when needed. You have those guys, give them a 3 pt shooter like Joe, an elite inside player like Hall, a bruiser like Schef, and a Sr guard like Hunter...this is the result.

ALL that being said...I hope everyone can also appreciate that if Baylor hit any of their open looks that they normally do, they win rather easily. Clemson is going to have to defend much better vs Arizona...and I hope they do.

Exactly. Kid has made 99 threes on the season at an over 40% clip, his range is up to 28’. While some shots over the course of an entire game can always be questioned, his ability to hit from deep and that includes early in shot clocks (I know that use to bother the majority on this board, even if they went in) is part of his game. And after being absolutely hounded by superior athletes all night, as soon as he got some space he let it fly, which I’m sure Brownell was fine with.
I was going to say the same thing.
Over the season, his FT % has been much better - and more of them - and while overall PPG and assists are down, so are his TO's. He seems happier, if that's possible, and is playing a great role on the team.

You lost me at "white dudes"
Yea not sure where I was going with that. And I guess I don't really hate Clemson as I was rooting for them harder than I have any team not Syracuse. Everything else I said was pretty spot on though. I will be pulling for them, Joe and I'm liking the chef.

All the ACC games have pretty much been blowouts except for NCst vs Oak and Clem vs Bay. Even VA

Last edited:
What odds do you give Clemson making the Final Four?
I liked there chances to make sweet 16 possibly elite 8 and not likely F4 but that they would be tough to beat. That's why I said a run towards F4 but at this point I hope they win the whole damn thing.
I see that the odds were +2800, I woulda set it closer to +1500. At least 7% not 3.4%
Now I'd say game against AZ ~49%
UNC ~42% Bama ~60%

I'm taking all ACC teams on ML except NCst taking them to cover. Add UConn on ML $20=$600. Maybe switch duke to cover for $420. Switch UConn to cover $20=$1000. I'll take that all day

Last edited:
I liked there chances to make sweet 16 possibly elite 8 and not likely F4 but that they would be tough to beat. That's why I said a run towards F4 but at this point I hope they win the whole damn thing.
I see that the odds were +2800, I woulda set it closer to +1500. At least 7% not 3.4%
Now I'd say game against AZ ~49%
UNC ~42% Bama ~60%

I'm taking all ACC teams on ML except NCst taking them to cover. Add UConn on ML $20=$600. Maybe switch duke to cover for $420. Switch UConn to cover $20=$1000. I'll take that all day
If you think vs AZ is 49%, you better up your units. It's currenty +245 or 29%

AZ is going to score at will against Clemson. They couldn't get by Daytons guards but won't have that problem with Clemson.
Arizona lost to a terrible USC team and an Oregon team both just a few weeks ago. Brownell better be showing them the game film of what worked for those teams against Zona.

I’ve been a Clemson hater all year but I also nailed them bigger than anyone this weekend and they kept me in the green. Like them again next weekend.

Arizona lost to a terrible USC team and an Oregon team both just a few weeks ago. Brownell better be showing them the game film of what worked for those teams against Zona.
They have to hope Caleb Love goes 1-10 or 2-11 again.

Could happen I guess.

Too much Mtn West, SEC, Big q2 ND Big 10. Need more ACC and Big East. Would have been better to bring in Seton Hall, Pitt and St. John's at least.

Cheering for Joe G. He deserves a run
I am not. Shooting Guard has been the demise of this program and why we suck.

Accomodating Buddy screwed everything up then it was the same thing accomodating Joe and unfortunately Starlings 40 minutes per night under 2 assists per game act when he scored less per 40 mins than Quadir has us lined up for 2 more seasons of the same nonsense. Its going to be a 10 year black hole because of our turnstyle on D shooting guards.

Will be betting Clemson again mind you.

This thread is so funny. There are people who told SigChiChef back in early March he was nuts for thinking Clemson could go on a run that are back in the SAME THREAD telling him they have no chance against Zona. It’s hilarious.

This thread is so funny. There are people who told SigChiChef back in early March he was nuts for thinking Clemson could go on a run that are back in the SAME THREAD telling him they have no chance against Zona. It’s hilarious.
By "People" you mean, 1

Newhouser