I hate the way the NCAA schedules the Sunday games | Syracusefan.com

I hate the way the NCAA schedules the Sunday games

Game time sucks for me but I'll have to deal with it.

I don't get why they don't just play two games at a time on the Sat and Sun. Stagger them by a half hour.

Instead we get 1 game. 1 game. 5 games. 1 game. Uhhh ok?

I don't get why they don't just play two games at a time on the Sat and Sun. Stagger them by a half hour.

Don't forget with this lovely format you can't even switch to another game either to avoid 10 minutes of commercials between timeouts.

Don't forget with this lovely format you can't even switch to another game either to avoid 10 minutes of commercials between timeouts.

And that's exactly why they do it

it wasnt that long ago they did it more like 1 , 2, 3, 2 or something like that.. but i dont get the late night heavy binge either especially on sunday night. but at least its better than the old way where you didnt even get to watch 4 out of the 8 games locally.

Seems to me a few years ago on the first Sunday of the tournament almost all the games were over by about 6 or 7 PM. Saturday games used to go later. Guess the blood thirsty networks found out they can charge more for commercials in evening prime time.

How quickly we get spoiled. Not so long ago we were lucky to be able to even watch the 1st (and often 2nd) round. Cursing at the non-stop, never ending "look-ins" into other games. Not to mention complete cutaways for extended periods when one team would go up big. Just thankful I can watch the game in peace - even on the ipad (via 3 separate options!) if i want to. Only problem (as JHJ discovered on Fri) is staying sober for the evening games.

Probably in the contract. They're trying to pump up the Turner channels. Have you noticed the TruTv commercials? Basically admitting that no one knows it even exists.

Hysterical.

The entire tourney wraps up except for 1 game by 930 Sunday night, when you could've watched every freakin second of the game you just had to see...and people here find a way to bitch about it.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Hysterical.

The entire tourney wraps up except for 1 game by 930 Sunday night, when you could've watched every freakin second of the game you just had to see...and people here find a way to bitch about it.

I don't care how late it goes. I'd just rather have more than one game at a time to watch from noon-6 followed by wall to wall action for 2-3 hours.

Hysterical.

So if the SFA vs ND is a blowout at halftime feel free to switch over to the 7th, 8th or 9th inning of the Yanks vs Twins exhibition game to see the Double A Yanks in action since there will be no other basketball on. Actually there is, you could watch the second half of one of the two women's games that start at 2:30.

I don't care how late it goes. I'd just rather have more than one game at a time to watch from noon-6 followed by wall to wall action for 2-3 hours.
This is me...as Don stated it was only a couple years ago the games on Sunday would wrap up early.

I agree with you LICuse...I'd prefer continuous games on Sunday but I'll get over it if we win today.

Just to be that guy...

Considering the obligations I have today, the game time is AWESOME!!!!!'
I am with you. The 6:10 p.m. start is great for me!

Probably in the contract. They're trying to pump up the Turner channels. Have you noticed the TruTv commercials? Basically admitting that no one knows it even exists.
What is up with the finals on TNT? Are they trying for lower ratings? Networks use to schedule around around the game, now half the country won't even know where it is.

What is up with the finals on TNT? Are they trying for lower ratings? Networks use to schedule around around the game, now half the country won't even know where it is.
The same thing as the football championship game (and 90+% of all post season games)... $$$. TNT & CBS outbid the others... fair and square.

Family time.

Less games in the afternoon mean more time for the kids to practice free throws in the driveway then come inside for dinner and games altogether.

They don't care if switch to baseball or whatever lin the afternoon, low viewership.

At night they got us all.

Very smart scheduling.

How quickly we get spoiled. Not so long ago we were lucky to be able to even watch the 1st (and often 2nd) round. Cursing at the non-stop, never ending "look-ins" into other games. Not to mention complete cutaways for extended periods when one team would go up big. Just thankful I can watch the game in peace - even on the ipad (via 3 separate options!) if i want to. Only problem (as JHJ discovered on Fri) is staying sober for the evening games.
Wasn't there a PPV option for the first weekend? Horrible. I watched the '09 game vs OK on my computer as my only option.

Perfect example of some of what we are talking about. Nova currently blowing out Iowa by 30 and no other game is on. So I'm flipping back and forth between the Orange women and NHRA drag racing.

DonLightfoot said:
Perfect example of some of what we are talking about. Nova currently blowing out Iowa by 30 and no other game is on. So I'm flipping back and forth between the Orange women and NHRA drag racing.

Im watching mets spring training game. Yesterday i rewatched our game against dayton when duke was up 30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom