I hate the way the NCAA schedules the Sunday games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hate the way the NCAA schedules the Sunday games

Family time.

Less games in the afternoon mean more time for the kids to practice free throws in the driveway then come inside for dinner and games altogether.

They don't care if switch to baseball or whatever lin the afternoon, low viewership.

At night they got us all.

Very smart scheduling.

It's as if the network is trying to maximize advertising revenue. What's up with that?

Seems to me a few years ago on the first Sunday of the tournament almost all the games were over by about 6 or 7 PM. Saturday games used to go later. Guess the blood thirsty networks found out they can charge more for commercials in evening prime time.

When CBS had all the games they didn't want to move 60 minutes. Not an issue now.

And that's exactly why they do it
Except it backfires when the entire country finds something else to watch before halftime when the "featured" game is a blowout.
Just as long as we're over by 9 in time for The Walking Dead.
Hard to believe so many people still watch that show. Once they added ten new characters per episode by season 5 I had to tap out.

Except it backfires when the entire country finds something else to watch before halftime when the "featured" game is a blowout.

Hard to believe so many people still watch that show. Once they added ten new characters per episode by season 5 I had to tap out.
This season has been really good.

So if the SFA vs ND is a blowout at halftime feel free to switch over to the 7th, 8th or 9th inning of the Yanks vs Twins exhibition game to see the Double A Yanks in action since there will be no other basketball on. Actually there is, you could watch the second half of one of the two women's games that start at 2:30.

during the Nova blowout I was watching "Batman Begins" on TBS

Wasn't there a PPV option for the first weekend? Horrible. I watched the '09 game vs OK on my computer as my only option.

back when I had directv in the early 2000's they sold a ncaa tourney package where you could see all the games.

back when I had directv in the early 2000's they sold a ncaa tourney package where you could see all the games.
I remember that. But the new CBS/Turner contract ended the DirecTV involvment.

It does suggest that, when the next contract is negotiated, another different format may result. The Netflix NCAA Tournament?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom