I know it’s early | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I know it’s early

I don’t give red a pass for inheriting this mess. He chose to keep this mess instead of a reset. We’re basically losing a season of a rebuild right out of the gate.
That would have been uglier.

Agreed!! Coach K, the winningest basketball coach of all time was 9-17 in his last season at Army and in his first year at Duke he was 17-13 and was 6-8 in the ACC.

Maybe we should let Red have a few more games or God forbid a season before we run him off? I’m all for constructive criticism but already wanting to fire him is just plain silly.
coach k was a great recruiter and PR guy...he was pretty good during the laettner era...

but he was coasting off his rep for a looong time before he retired, imo

Man oh man the folks just waiting to pounce are pouncing early
the gap between good and whatever this team is doing is cavernous

i dont think anyone would be negative right now if things looked good on the court...even if they lost respectably...the noise would be a lot different

they look like they are not coached well. unfortunately.

i think we all hoped for that.

Its funny how much better Joe gets on this board with every half JJ plays. 99% of this board couldn't wait to send Joe packing.
Nothing against Joe at all. I think we were way too dependent on him to make things happen against more athletic players. Having said that, the teams upside is significant higher with JJ than Joe continuing to be the guy (could use him for his shooting always). Regardless of how this seasons ends. I would say the same for Jalen and Kaleb over Joe. Though Joe had a much more successful career here than Kaleb and Joe. The ceilings are entirely different.

We don’t have any weapons offensively. Pass it around a couple times and then wait for Judah or JJ to drive. That’s all we have. And there seems to be a lot of desperation and frustration which is not a sign of a well coached team.

A decade of garbage basketball, poor recruiting and bad roster management isn’t going to be solved in the first two weeks of playing under a new coach. This team will have growing pains. Our ceiling is figuring out a way to make the Dance. We always knew Maui was going to be a major challenge this early in the season.

If we’re 5 games below .500 in mid February fans can be critical all they want. It will take time for Red to turn this team around. He’s going to have at least 2 to 3 years to get it turned around unless he puts up a disastrous record. You might as well give him and the team support.
How about just the basics, then? You know, hustling, in-bounds passing, ATO plays, including all personnel on the scorecard. I don’t think that’s asking for much.

Tennessee and Gonzaga were clearly more talented than us, and both are Final Four-caliber teams. I can live with losses to them.

I personally don't care if it's Game 7 for Red, there's no excuse for losing to LSU at home on Tuesday. They lost at home to Nicholls a week ago. This needs to be a win if we don't want to be in another insurmountable resume hole in November.

We have a few juniors…a bunch of sophomores. This is not a young team.
What juniors? Benny is the only one. Naheem is a junior but he’s totally new to the program. This team is compromised of mostly sophomores. It’s way too early to be making grand pronouncements. Yes there are real concerns. But the team and Red need some time to figure things out. Hopefully there will be a lot of growth this season.

Red can’t shoot for the team.
Colgate game was a mess.
I think we could have made Tennessee a lot closer with better game management. Gonzaga was way too much for us.
But he doesn’t look - he hasn’t looked - like a head coach, unlike UNC and Duke promotions.
I prefer Hopkins. But that wasn’t an option.

Three Man Weave had some harsh words for us on their pod Wednesday but it was pretty spot on if you try to be objective

JJ is not the major problem. Sure he needs to play better but JJ is better than Joe. JJ is a plus defender, plus rebounder, better at getting into the paint, he’s just not finishing right now around the basket. He’ll get that fixed. JJ is definitely not a very good shooter which Joe obviously is but JJ is all around much better than Joe. We have a lot bigger problems than JJ. But I get what you see
At NotreDame JJ was just as inefficient as he is now. He is a better athlete than Joe but not a better basketball player. Clemson will dance, we won't There is no question that we took a big hit at center and at shooting guard.
Don''t blame it on Red .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom