I like our current offense better | Syracusefan.com

I like our current offense better

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmahaCuse

Starter
not a big fan of all the wide throws tendency for pick six and lost yards...our defense and injuries on O were the issue this year, not style of offense. The one positive is the in game play calling seems better, Shafer played afraid on offense.

not a big fan of all the wide throws tendency for pick six and lost yards...our defense and injuries on O were the issue this year, not style of offense. The one positive is the in game play calling seems better, Shafer played afraid on offense.
Lester's offense was horrible.

Last edited:
We had a slight QB problem the last two years. So can blame Shafer for recruiting I guess. Although I think Marrone got Wilson, and kid who transferred?

I agree. Other than the tempo, scoring, and yardage it does look like our offense.

Which all speaks to how well an offense is run. Paul Johnson and niumatalolo have proven you can breathe fresh life into an old offense. But the bottom line is there's a lot to be said for running things well, regardless of what offense it is. Not sure we had that.

Yes I am going to miss that Triple Lindy O...NOT!

Getting the right players in is what really matters. Hopefully Barbers can recruit big time ACC guys.

Barbers

jiFfM.jpg

Now that we don't play that offense anymore you will have to go to the high school level to see it.

billsin01 said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll start beating FSU and ND for 5-stars. That's the key to success.

No one thinks that right away. But you win and succeed and play an exciting brand of football, you'll get some good and sometimes great players. It will build.

Is this one of those I'd rather bang Melissa McCarthy than Jenny McCarthy because there's a better chance Melissa will talk to me the next day kind of posts?

Chip said:
Is this one of those I'd rather bang Melissa McCarthy than Jenny McCarthy because there's a better chance Melissa will talk to me the next day kind of posts?

I'd like to bang Jenny McCarthy in the face with a frying pan.

But yeah, aside from that, your analogy is correct.

Scooch said:
I'd like to bang Jenny McCarthy in the face with a frying pan. But yeah, aside from that, your analogy is correct.

It's hard to find a neck down analogy like that with the same last name.

No one thinks that right away. But you win and succeed and play an exciting brand of football, you'll get some good and sometimes great players. It will build.

Gotta have talent and beat good schools for that talent. Couldn't agree more. But we never have, for as long as I've been a fan, had classes loads with 4- and 5-star kids. I just think it's really hard here for a variety of reasons. We need talent but it's not often going to come in the form of 5-star or even 4-star kids. Have to win with 3-stars here for the most part.

It's hard to find a neck down analogy like that with the same last name.
Well as pointed out they didn't score 60!

We had a slight QB problem the last two years. So can blame Shafer for recruiting I guess. Although I think Marrone got Wilson, and kid who transferred?

a slight qb problem?

my god, how 3 weeks changes things. Dungey was our heir apparent and now he is nothing?

makes little sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors