I like our current offense better | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I like our current offense better

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMH44 said:
We're about to find out.

What is the competetive advantage syracuse gets out of this deal other than we average 450 yards and 35ppg?

I'm sorry if I'm being negative. I just don't see what everyone is saying around here. As a season ticket holder I hope he comes in and he puts out a great product but id rather wait and see who he hires for a staff, what he's going to do with the personnel we have, and how are we getting quality recruits to come to school

Kevind13 said:
I'm sorry if I'm being negative. I just don't see what everyone is saying around here. As a season ticket holder I hope he comes in and he puts out a great product but id rather wait and see who he hires for a staff, what he's going to do with the personnel we have, and how are we getting quality recruits to come to school

Holy . We could hire a staff of Lombardi, Shula, Landry and The Hoodie and people will find an issue.

BG recruits are already on twitter looking for Cuse offers. This offense will attract skill players without question.

This offensive crew is a well-oiled machine and most will come with Dino.
There are no negatives here.

Jake said:
Holy . . . . . We could hire a staff of Lombardi, Shula, Landry and The Hoodie and people will find an issue.

I have no issue with the hire. I just think people around here have unrealistic expectations. I'm being told that in year 2 we are going to be averaging 450 yds of offense and 35 ppg because that what happened at bowling Green or eastern illinois. This isn't the ing MAC. We want SU to win ACC titles right? I believe it when I see it.

What is the competetive advantage syracuse gets out of this deal other than we average 450 yards and 35ppg?

Don't get allowed out of the basement much, huh?

Ugh

I have no issue with the hire. I just think people around here have unrealistic expectations. I'm being told that in year 2 we are going to be averaging 450 yds of offense and 35 ppg because that what happened at bowling Green or eastern illinois. This isn't the . . . . . . . MAC. We want SU to win ACC titles right? I believe it when I see it.

We don't have unrealistic expectations. This system has worked at every level -Baylor, Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green and Tulsa. As a matter of fact I don't think it has failed anywhere. It will work here as well. But I understand the CNY pessimism . It won't work - Oh, it worked - it won't continue to work - Oh, its still working they will probably leave!

Leave that crap behind and enjoy the ride. ;)

Kevind13 said:
I have no issue with the hire. I just think people around here have unrealistic expectations. I'm being told that in year 2 we are going to be averaging 450 yds of offense and 35 ppg because that what happened at bowling Green or eastern illinois. This isn't the . . . . . . . MAC. We want SU to win ACC titles right? I believe it when I see it.

And we don't/won't have MAC players. Things scale upwards.

So Urban, Saban, or bust, huh? Because literally any other coach would have flaws or unanswered questions to point to.

Think of it this way. A couple of weeks ago Syracuse had a guy who had proved he wasn't up to the task. Today, Syracuse has a guy who has a track record of success at two places and has a defined offensive philosophy that has been successful elsewhere. To be sure, it is absolutely no guarantee of success at Syracuse. But it is unequivocally a step in the right direction.

You want to wait and see who he hires for a staff before you get excited?

Who would get you excited as an OC or DC and why then would you be excited??

I am just curious, do you know the OC's and DC's throughout the country well enough to get excited about them when/if they are hired?

Legitimate questions, just want to see why you feel this way.

His system is his system and he will plug the kids in where he sees the best fit for their skillsets, he is pretty good at this, not sure if you noticed. Which is why everyone else is pretty excited.

Last point, you do recall that there was talk of tons of kids transferring and recruits de-committing? What have you heard from the kids and recruits since he was announced this afternoon? Every kid and recruit is pumped, that should tell you something about his ability to recruit.

Crusty said:
We don't have unrealistic expectations. This system has worked at every level -Baylor, Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green and Tulsa. As a matter of fact I don't think it has failed anywhere. It will work here as well. But I understand the CNY pessimism . It won't work - Oh, it worked - it won't continue to work - Oh, its still working they will probably leave!

Leave that crap behind and enjoy the ride. ;)

I'm not from cny. Just a fan from albany that wants to see the school win

CuseOnly said:
You want to wait and see who he hires for a staff before you get excited?

Who would get you excited as an OC or DC and why then would you be excited??

I am just curious, do you know the OC's and DC's throughout the country well enough to get excited about them when/if they are hired?

Legitimate questions, just want to see why you feel this way.

His system is his system and he will plug the kids in where he sees the best fit for their skillsets, he is pretty good at this, not sure if you noticed. Which is why everyone else is pretty excited.

Last point, you do recall that there was talk of tons of kids transferring and recruits de-committing? What have you heard from the kids and recruits since he was announced this afternoon? Every kid and recruit is pumped, that should tell you something about his ability to recruit.

I do not know every oc and dc in the country. I want this team to win ACC titles and compete for the playoffs. you if that bothers you

I do not know every oc and dc in the country. I want this team to win ACC titles and compete for the playoffs. . . . . you if that bothers you

The purpose of my post was to see what would get you excited and it appears that the answer is nothing. Got it.

You said yourself that you wanted to wait to get excited until he hired a staff. But you wouldn't know enough about anyone that he hires to make a judgement. Makes sense.

Crusty said:
Close enough.

I want this team to win. That's it. Myv weekends revolve around this team. I want to know I'm getting a winner with a coach.

I want this team to win. That's it. Myv weekends revolve around this team. I want to know I'm getting a winner with a coach.

We all want this team to win. This is something to get excited about, just trust us. This is a HUGE get for a head coach, don't overthink it.

CuseOnly said:
The purpose of my post was to see what would get you excited and it appears that the answer is nothing. Got it.

You said yourself that you wanted to wait to get excited until he hired a staff. But you wouldn't know enough about anyone that he hires to make a judgement. Makes sense.

Ok. Give me Bama or fsu offense. Pro style run first lots of pap. Aggressive defensr that doesn't sit back and let teams dictate what happens.

You're asking a-hole questions. Try talking like a fan who's potentially excited than some guy that might be forced to watch a full game next year because the team is exciting when you could be raking leaves.

Well, get positive for Pete's sake. If this hire doesn't do it for you nothing will. This is the most significant hiring in SU football history in 20+ years. There is absolutely nothing to be negative about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom