I like the opening rounds draw | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I like the opening rounds draw

Like I said...I get the strength of schedule argument. But if they were good and worthy of a 2 seed, shouldn't they have won more of those 9 games? I've never seen a good 9 loss team. I think they got that seed based on being Kansas.
I seem to remember a 9 loss team making the Final Four last year.

I seem to remember a 9 loss team making the Final Four last year.
and we were a 4 seed. i dont think anyone questions their ability to make the FF. But a #2 seed is a reach given their year and health. That said, I like our path. Nothing daunting, even UF. They have won but havent really dominated. So glad not to see the likes of LVille, Wisc, MSU in our bracket. Last yr, we had overal # 1 Indiana in our bracket and we toyed with them. Survive and advance. WMU is next!!!!

Dayton has a good chance to beat Ohio State...if we win Thursday I say it's on to Memphis but I don't think Kansas is a lock to make the Sweet 16

Pitt wins their first game and then upsets Florida.
It would be about time for Dixon to actually do something in the BD. Seems like the only game they ever really want to play hard in and win is against Syracuse.

It would be about time for Dixon to actually do something in the BD. Seems like the only game they ever really want to play hard in and win is against Syracuse.

Related: During one of their games in the ACCT the did a little story on Knight and how he showed his guys the BE tourney trophies and the pictures of the fans welcoming them back from NYC. My thought: What a sad small history under Dixon. We are amped to win the conf tourney - but know that the big one is the one that counts.

Western Michigan is a great draw for us.

Revenge for Ohio State

Then roll the dice

Bring it!

We can't continue to play like a bubble team. It would really stink if the team that showed up for FSU plays Western Michigan and the team that showed for NCST plays Ohio State. I think Cooney is not going to score with his turned ankle. Grant, Ennis, and Fair need to carry the team. But it would be nice if Silent G or Paterson where able to come in and make 3-point shots. If Cooney is hurt I think we need to turn to other 3-point options. But even if Cooney does play. I really wish he would take some shorter range shots before he starts bombing threes. I don't understand why all of sudden Jim Boeheim thinks this team is going to do an about face. I'm just not feeling it. My expectations and bar are much lower now after the last three weeks. I will be very happy if the Orange can win the next 2 games. I think they win the first and lose the second based on how they've been playing.

And I really hate Ohio State. Several years ago and had one of the worse experiences watching an Orange game in my life. It was one of the early season tournaments and the Orange were playing Ohio State at MSG. Ohio State won the game with on-fire outside shooting. And every time Ohio State scored, the Ohio State fan sitting right behind me in a bone chilling running your nails across the black board sound would yell, "Whhhheeeeewwwwwww". Holy crap! Probably the worse loss I've ever been apart of with Orange basketball. Damn, I would hate to lose to Ohio State ever again!!!!!

And I really hate Ohio State. Several years ago and had one of the worse experiences watching an Orange game in my life. It was one of the early season tournaments and the Orange were playing Ohio State at MSG. Ohio State won the game with on-fire outside shooting. And every time Ohio State scored, the Ohio State fan sitting right behind me in a bone chilling running your nails across the black board sound would yell, "Whhhheeeeewwwwwww". Holy crap! Probably the worse loss I've ever been apart of with Orange basketball. Damn, I would hate to lose to Ohio State ever again!!!!!

Ditto. I sat in front of a lady in Boston who screamed CRRRAAAAFFFTTTT the entire game. I wanted to strangle her.

Yes, but not as a 2 seed.
I wasn't responding to the seeding part of the post. My comment was aimed more at the "I've never seen a good 9 loss team," part of the post.

But it would be nice if Silent G or Paterson where able to come in and make 3-point shots.

You're right. It would be nice if Patterson, having not played in a game since December, was able to come in and make 3-point shots. That would be amazing.

This would be a great year for Pitt to finally make a deep run since they'd potentially be doing us a huge favor by taking out Florida. I could see that game being 50-50 with 5 minutes left, but they'll probably lose in 1st round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom