If HCSS fails | Syracusefan.com

If HCSS fails

kcsu

Living Legend
First let me say that i think that hcss is perfect for Syracuse and i hope that he is here for years to come.

But if he does fail would Harsin be considered?

Karl Marx in the PS comments thinks the Utah St coach is a shoo in.

But if he does fail would Harsin be considered?
Not sure if he would come, as he was born and raised in Boise. But he better at least get a phone call. Would have to reach out and try.

I think at the very least Shafer gets 2 more years, but I think he will get an extension after going 7-5 and a bowl game this year. Yep, boom.

P.S. I'd rather not think about another coach coming in because that means we're still horrible. And horrible means continued and enhanced anger, defeat and depression. A winning Syracuse football program is dreamy at this point. I believe.

I think at the very least Shafer gets 2 more years, but I think he will get an extension after going 7-5 and a bowl game this year. Yep, boom.

P.S. I'd rather not think about another coach coming in because that means we're still horrible. And horrible means continued and enhanced anger, defeat and depression. A winning Syracuse football program is dreamy at this point. I believe.

7-5 and a boom. That is the problem.

Failure is not an option.

True, but baby steps are needed at this point. This team will be capable of winning at least 9 of the games this year, so I'm setting the bar at 6 or 7 wins.

The only certainty in my mind at this point, is that we will be a better football team this year. I realize that's not saying much, and, the ultimate question is how much better.

I'm confident an upward progression will take place over the course of the next 2-3 years.

IthacaBarrel said:

I hate this. It has to be in context.

7-5 after 3-9 would be great for momentum and perception.

He wasn't saying 7-5 should be what we strive for every year. Strive for undefeated.

We will be better this year but how the offensive line improves will bethe key to wins. Yes we lost tons on defense BUT I believe therecruiting in the last several years is of higher caliber and better able to step in and produce. If we stay healthy on the defensive line with the limited numbers we hav there then I actually think this defense can be better than last year. Lots of "ifs" but 6-6 or a 7-5 season with a bowl win would not be a bad step forward. Shaf deserves at least two more years, and I too think he is the answer if given a little time.

crzdsufan said:
We will be better this year but how the offensive line improves will bethe key to wins. Yes we lost tons on defense BUT I believe therecruiting in the last several years is of higher caliber and better able to step in and produce. If we stay healthy on the defensive line with the limited numbers we hav there then I actually think this defense can be better than last year. Lots of "ifs" but 6-6 or a 7-5 season with a bowl win would not be a bad step forward. Shaf deserves at least two more years, and I too think he is the answer if given a little time.

We need a 4-1 start. There's no doubt in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom