If I told you before our game with NC State | Syracusefan.com

If I told you before our game with NC State

The winner would win the tournament, how excited would we be?
How ironic would it be if NC State took UVA's NCAA bid and Virginia took our NIT bid. We would have little to argue, although as sad as this sounds, our NIT bid should be there for the taking.

Wishful thinking to get us into the NIT. You’re doing hard drugs if you think it will help us get into the NCAA. That ship sailed a long time ago.
I still don’t believe we were that far off because of a. Feddd up NET rating

If there is any hope for how this year ended we beat Oregon, LSU which beat some decent SEC teams, NCState twice, Pitt Twice and UnC on its face four of these teams will be making it to the tournament 4-9 or whatever it should be here. This is the most screwed up crazy bs I’ve seen with NET it’s made college basketball a far worse experience for me this year worrying about it so some overrated SEC and Big Ten teams with similar records get more teams in the tournament. They need to do something about this because Syracuse is capable of beating some of these teams

I think that it will only be UNC, Duke, and NC State announced tomorrow. UVA probably will be in as well. Four bids for the ACC says a lot.

If there is any hope for how this year ended we beat Oregon, LSU which beat some decent SEC teams, NCState twice, Pitt Twice and UnC on its face four of these teams will be making it to the tournament 4-9 or whatever it should be here. This is the most screwed up crazy bs I’ve seen with NET it’s made college basketball a far worse experience for me this year worrying about it so some overrated SEC and Big Ten teams with similar records get more teams in the tournament. They need to do something about this because Syracuse is capable of beating some of these teams
Plenty of teams are capable of beating some of these teams. And... have. Like we have.

How ironic would it be if NC State took UVA's NCAA bid and Virginia took our NIT bid. We would have little to argue, although as sad as this sounds, our NIT bid should be there for the taking.
No. Because UVA and NC State traded spots.

Played a really tough schedule this year. Grand Canyon with their 28-4 year I’d love to play them
No you would not. They are always a fighting team. Crazy fan base doesn't stop for a minute and can be distracting if you are not used to it.

Where is the ACC representative on that committee? What’s even worse is we are in a conference that feels like a deflated balloon in the eyes of the country because a commissioner couldn’t be balsy enough to make deals with bigger schools to get them in the ACC I hate this league seriously. If I had to pick between being really good at basketball that would be great because it’s not the standard to win 18-20 games a year with no NCAA tourney bid

Grand Canyon the mighty 28-4 team let’s see if they win and if they don’t are they a two bid league? lol what a joke

I think that it will only be UNC, Duke, and NC State announced tomorrow. UVA probably will be in as well. Four bids for the ACC says a lot.
I forgot about Clemson. So I think it will stay at four with a shot at five with UVA.

Back to back seasons that the 3rd place ACC team likely isn’t making the tourney. That’d be insane and a joke.

Clemson has all computer ratings and NET at lower 30's. They should be in. All you have to do is to beat the mighty Alabama, then their NET stayed high no matter how many games they lost.

So I just looked I see teams that are 17-15 twenty points higher than us bs absolute bs we should still be in consideration for a NCAA bid

The 15 loss teams are done. In fact there are less 13 and 14 teams that will get in this year than normal. We have Michigan St (14 ), who could be in a play in, and possibly Texas A&M who will get in at 13.

The last 4 in will be the strongest "last 4" in at least the last 10 years based on resume. That is because there were an insane amount of bubble busters this week (5), Given all those bubble busters, we just had no chance in the end.

There really is no justification for us to be in the tournament this year.

Last edited:
NC State finally playing up Tokyo’s talent level.
Sometimes it takes a long time for portal-imported talent to gel.
Likely will be seeing more of it.

Atlantic 10 title to Temole or UAB is a stolen bid.

Orange may be on the bubble for the NIT.

Selection Sunday used to be such a favorite fun day. Not for several years. That needs to end.

Looking at the teams we beat as we reflect on the season. Great job by Red.

Odd to me too how winning at Duke used to almost guarantee a spot. Pitt not benefitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom