If I told you before our game with NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If I told you before our game with NC State

The 15 loss teams are done. In fact there are less 13 and 14 teams that will get in this year than normal. We have Michigan St (14 ), who could be in a play in, and possibly Texas A&M who will get in at 13.

The last 4 in will be the strongest "last 4" in at least the last 10 years based on resume. That is because there were an insane amount of bubble busters this week (5), Given all those bubble busters, we just had no chance in the end.

There really is no justification for us to be in the tournament this year.
Michigan State is trash

That program gets more undeserved love than any.

Grand Canyon the mighty 28-4 team let’s see if they win and if they don’t are they a two bid league? lol what a joke
I don't know why you're on a crusade against Grand Canyon but I saw them play up close and in person this year and they're the real deal.

The only reason why the nit is even remotely in play are for 2 reasons

3-4 teams this week have said they would decline a bid that were ahead of us on the pecking order. Moved us up

two teams xavier and maryland who were also ahead of us (Not sure why but they were) cant go because they are sub .500

now who actually suits up for us if we play is a whole different story

and Grand Canyon is the real deal. I wouldnt want to play them

I read so many fire Keates posts this year from their fans. I wonder where they're at now. Not as if NCState has any talent coming next year once Horne and Burns are gone.

Michigan State is trash

That program gets more undeserved love than any.

They are going to be one of the last in I think (or should be anyway) .. I suspect they are going to get more scrutiny than expected. Or at least they should. Yes they are overrated by NET.

Whether they deserve to be out or in, is a fair question. They are close to the likes of St. John's, Hall, Virginia,Providence, Pitt who all appear to have got the shaft in the end.

But they have a clearly better resume than us (even if its not significant). We don't deserve to be in above any of those teams. Michigan St did benefit from a conference that did better in OOC - sort of the reason we got in at 18-14 one year as well.

Last edited:
Idk. Does this give us 2 more Q1 wins assuming State is now Q1. Same if Oregon wins. Wishful thinking.

In the end our own resume got a bit better as the week progressed because of NC St and Oregon (although Oregon never got to Q1)- yet ironically we still are much farther away from getting in today vs last Sunday, or even after losing Wednesday. That is because the "bad" of what was happening around us, far surpassed the benefits of what these two teams did for us. Take the bright side -- we can feel a bit better about our season because of these wins

NC St and Oregon took 2 spots away from everybody... and 3 other teams did the same (New Mexico, AAC, ACC) . And 6 other bubble teams by my count -- Colorado, A&M, Miss St, Providence, St. John's, Pitt got significant wins this week... while we got none.

The only reason why the nit is even remotely in play are for 2 reasons

3-4 teams this week have said they would decline a bid that were ahead of us on the pecking order. Moved us up

two teams xavier and maryland who were also ahead of us (Not sure why but they were) cant go because they are sub .500

now who actually suits up for us if we play is a whole different story

and Grand Canyon is the real deal. I wouldnt want to play them
Marsh I have to disagree and there are many teams in the Big 12 you look at their overall schedule Texas, TCU and it is less impressive than Syracuses and if you look at how the ACC teams won against big twelve. Lost to WV? Isn’t that a bad loss? lol this is laughable folks we are getting taken for a ride politics, big bucks…NCAA is a joke

In the end our own resume got a bit better as the week progressed because of NC St and Oregon (although Oregon never got to Q1)- yet ironically we still are much farther away from getting in today vs last Sunday, or even after losing Wednesday. That is because the "bad" of what was happening around us, far surpassed the benefits of what these two teams did for us. Take the bright side -- we can feel a bit better about our season because of these wins

NC St and Oregon took 2 spots away from everybody... and 3 other teams did the same (New Mexico, AAC, ACC) . And 6 other bubble teams by my count -- Colorado, A&M, Miss St, Providence, St. John's, Pitt got significant wins this week... while we got none.
What you just said is true and it is why these half baked bracketology experts can hit the road. That Oregon game now should be quad 1, NC State away Quad 1 Pitt should be in tourney lol joke

Marsh I have to disagree and there are many teams in the Big 12 you look at their overall schedule Texas, TCU and it is less impressive than Syracuses and if you look at how the ACC teams won against big twelve. Lost to WV? Isn’t that a bad loss? lol this is laughable folks we are getting taken for a ride politics, big bucks…NCAA is a joke
Texas and tcu are miles ahead of us in the net. Right or wrong thats our reality.

Texas and tcu are miles ahead of us in the net. Right or wrong thats our reality.
The Net is not the only metric to look at if thats the case get rid of everything else and just look at that from now on.

The Net is not the only metric to look at if thats the case get rid of everything else and just look at that from now on.
Preaching to the choir. I just point out the reality of what is happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom