IF the NCAA vacates this run for UNC...

Shark58

BANNED
did we win last night?

are we in the title game?

can we beat Nova?

LGO!!!???!

Kid.gif

I don't believe anybody on this team was a part of the infractions.

doubtful. but when you're the underdog and you know you're going down a proper pantsing in the final minute is always a nice touch...

basketball.313172843_large.JPG

They'd never vacate a champ
Depends if you include the NIT championship in the early 50s. They vacated CUNY's title as well as the wins of six other schools, including Kentucky. Back then the NIT was the prestigious tournament. There have been numerous other schools that had NCAA appearances vacated, just not champions to date.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCNY_point_shaving_scandal

Nothing is going to happen to UNC hoops. Its crap. Its hypocritical and sadly its going to be reality. Media reaction will be interesting when they skate.

I think you mean, they would never vacate a championship, for UNC.

Guys, don't get all bent out of shape when UNC basketball gets nothing penalty wise. We know we are whipping-boy program and UNC getting hit or not hit really doesn't do anything for us. Bringing them down a peg only hurts the ACC honestly. Just focus on our recovery from NCAA Cancer.

two3zone said:
I don't believe anybody on this team was a part of the infractions.

Why did those players commit there? Tradition. What would that tradition look like without those years and years of cheating?

did we win last night?

are we in the title game?

can we beat Nova?

LGO!!!???!

Kid.gif

We can pretend that UNC didn't win the title tonight (assuming they do) as much as we can pretend that Boeheim did not win the 101 games, or what ever it was. Or the same way that we can pretend that Reggie Bush didn't win the Heisman. Vacating anything as a form of punishment is the most silly thing that the NCAA does. And furthermore, I do not really think the NCAA is going to come down on them because the class in question was not offered to athletes only. My director at work went to UNC and he said that it was offered to everyone back when he went in the early 90's. I just don't see this as much of an athletics only issue.

The NCAA as an organization is corrupt, and I refuse to stick my finger in the face of another school that is under investigation after the way that Syracuse was treated for the silly things the NCAA found after spending a decade to try to uncover something to punish us for. It would be hypocritical for us to be casting stones. If you want to poke fun at UNC's academic standards, then fine. But it would be just as silly for the NCAA to punish the basketball program for this fake class as it was for the NCAA to drop the hammer on us as harshly as they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom